Thread: Time to let hair grow

Time to let hair grow

Its summer time and i cant shave my legs. Feels so bounded by the society! Really want winter to come soon!!

Why not? I keep mine smooth all year long. Only had a couple people say anything..and even then the conversations went like:
    "Hey, do you shave your legs?"
    "Yep"
    Then the conversation would turn to something else. It's really not a big deal to most people.

It is the family and relatives who are unaware of my activities...

Mine aren't aware, either. I wear shorts all the time and no one in my family has ever said anything.

But, whatever you are comfortable with, I guess.

It's always the season to shave.
    Don't let hair hide those lovely legs from the sun.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Count me into the no comment received club. I too have clear no hair legs and for years now maybe three people have said anything. It just isn't an issue for 99.9% of the people so go ahead and shave them and enjoy the spring and summer hairless I'm betting it will last far longer than that.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Yes. It's quite conflicting. I don't like the cold winter weather, but can't shave my legs in the warmer months. If I go out now I need to wear tights, which can get warm some days! I haven't shaved since the last of February, so they're getting hairy.
    Stephanie

I agree.... shave year round. Call it the manscape.... or just tell them you stood too close to the camp fire... LOL...

Really, the vast majority of people really don't care... Welcome to the 21st century..

Renne.....

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Hair? Legs? Nope does'nt go together. Started shaving about a year and a half ago and never looked back. Wore shorts all last summer and everyday when I work out and no one says anything. They are your legs so you must do what makes your mind comfortable.
    Erica

shaving legs is mind over matter if you don't mind it doesn't matter, lol ... I have been hairless for over 30yrs now and maybe 3 comments over time I would never let it grow back.

I know the pain. I've had famously hairy legs all my life, so I have to quit shaving in February to have a "normal" amount of hair on my legs for the Spring. Then God forbid I have the opportunity to use an indoor pool or a trip to a sunny climate. Back in college, I had decided to risk going longer, shaving up until April. Well, when I went back home for the summer, in May, I guess, I wore shorts. First thing I get in the morning from my mother, "What happened to the hair on your legs?" She noticed. I made up some story about a fungus infection. She didn't buy it. I told her to drop it. Two days later at a friends pool, a friend asks, "Dude, did you shave your legs?" and again and again, people noticing that the hair on my legs was different and sparse. It was brought up over and over and the questions kept coming and coming.

I went with the fungus thing for a while and told people it was sort of embarrassing, but they pressed and then I got weeks of "well, you need to use moisturizers and do you shower enough, and you should wear cotton blends only, etc. and on and on and on. I would have just told them, yes, I shaved my legs... but then they'd want to know why and then there'd be 100's of questions about why and why and why, like a five-year old just asking why. And people wonder why I'd just rather stay home alone.

Platinum Member
    Hi Harry, You must not of got the memo, Clean shaven legs and chest is the new normal for males.

I went to the Doctors yesterday about my shoulder he had me take my under shirt off and had me
    raise my arms all the way and move them around to check the movement and never batted an eye
    at the lack of any hair on my arms chest and under arms.

No one really cares about you as they are so wrapped up in their own little world.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have never grown any leg hair, so I really don't understand what the concern is about. The only comments I can recall were from my sisters, who were not so lucky and felt somewhat jealous. "The ones that mind don't matter, and the ones that matter don't mind."
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Bound by your own fears, maybe. Society doesn't give a hoot what parts you shave. A guy can have 2 inch disks in his ears, and hate tattooed on his forehead, and a girl can wear track pants with 'juicy' embroidered on her butt. Shave your legs.

I am blessed with a supportive wife. I have never actually had anyone say anything to me about my shaved legs, but when I started shaving I was worried about it. My wife told me to just tell anyone who asked about it that she liked it.

Shave! Tell em your going to start riding a bike and all the other guys you know shave, so you don't want to look out of place!

No one ever commented on my shaved arms and legs when I first did it. Not family, not coworkers, not friends either.
    Why not enjoy yourself for the summer?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just this morning I was talking to one of the new guys in the shop. He'd said something about manscaping, so I showed him my arms, and said the rest of me was the same way. One of the older guys raised an eyebrow and I said I didn't like the sticky dust in the plant building up on the hair. He thought that sounded like a good idea. But, then, they all know I'm a "little" wierd.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

There's a commercial (gillette I think) right now where beautiful women talk about manscaping. One womaan says 'I like some hair n the chest, but none on the back' the next says 'hairy arms or legs is a turnoff' and the last, 'no body hair at all'. (Paraphrasing). Shaving body parts has hit the mainstream.

You should take up cycling. A lot of cyclists and triathletes shave their bodies. Makes for a perfect alibi and get's you in shape at the same time.

Banned Read only
    Here's something to consider.

But only IF you are one of the few who accept REALITY.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...highlight=WOSs