Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with yourself?

Are you happy with yourself?

All of us here have a unique trait to ourselves, something that may be a secret to others, or something that we publicly reveal on a daily basis...
    None of us chose to have such an unusual mindset, but I have to ask,
    Are you happy that this is a part of you?
    How has it impacted your life?

I can honestly say that I am proud to be a crossdresser. Most people may view it as a handicap, something to drag me down. But in reality, it has helped me to be a happier person! There will be lots of trials that come from it, but overcoming them will help me in the long run.
    I look forward to my future with this, and I love to learn from all of the more experienced beautiful ladies here! What advice would you give an 18 year old when getting ready to enter the real world for myself?

I'm not unhappy that this is part of me but I do wish it didn't make life so complicated.... and I'm proud..... not because of the clothes I like to ware... because of I am who I am....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

No. I wish it were not a part of me and I had no conflicts. When I am dressing and feeling like a girl, I am wishing I could be that way completely. Yup. The whole transition nine yards. I am really sad when it comes time to switch back. But I don't just have me to worry about in life. And I'm not sure those feelings are real. I have more questions than answers.
    Gen

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I was asked once if I could take a pill and forget the desire to be a woman - or look like one - and never have it again, would you take the pill or run away.
    I am really regretting swallowing the red pill. Not happy.

Banned Read only
    Well Felicity, I am neither happy nor sad that I am a cross dresser. It just is. Like having brown hair. It just is. I am not ashamed, I never wish it to go away and I actually try my best to be "better" at it,whatever that means. But cross dressing is not me, it is only a small part of me.

I to am happy this is a part of Me. No mater what happens in my life I would never give up this part of myself.

Fishers by Indianapolis switcheralso's Avatar
    I just look at it as part of a small part of my life. The impact has been small outside of buying a second set of clothing.
    True
    Friendship

“A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway”
    Fr. Jerome Cummings

I wish I was more accepting of myself 20 years ago. I saw pictures of me before I decided to live a life of dual gender 4 years ago, and I looked sad and lifeless.

Then I decided to do something about it. Now, I feel awesome!.....problem solved.

I try to be happy everday. Otherwise I wouldn't have made it this far in life. My CD style keeps me that way.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by genevie View Post
    No. I wish it were not a part of me and I had no conflicts. When I am dressing and feeling like a girl, I am wishing I could be that way completely. Yup. The whole transition nine yards. I am really sad when it comes time to switch back. But I don't just have me to worry about in life. And I'm not sure those feelings are real. I have more questions than answers.
    At my wife's request I saw a psychologist late last year. She said there was nothing wrong with me but she could help my wife! So to the doctor to discuss testosterone therapy. That would be a bad idea - will only make me angry and could lead to health problems. So I am what I am and always will be. No sense in playing what if games.

Happy? Sure am but fully share Genevie's experience of not having to change back to male mode.

I wish being a crossdresser was easier for me. At the same time I like who I am. I'm not sure who I would be without it.

I wonder who I would be if I could accept/integrate my feminine inclinations more fully.

I'm trying to figure out about where my girl side fits in, in my life. As Jennifer said, I feel it is only a very small part of who I am but I would still like to get everything sorted. Have recently started taking steps to try to begin to work it all out.

i am proud to rock both genders too and i am 24 years old i thought transitiioning was in my future but now i realize that crossdressing is a part of me

I think you are right in what you say.
    There are trials and tribulations that haunt us throughout our lives but sometimes facing the demons seems harder than running from them.
    We daily do conquer some of them.
    I am always optimistic and see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Even if it is a train coming the other way.
    Jump out of the way and it soon passes.
    I never let it drag me down, get a little blue on occasions but optimism and enjoying life rules!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Honestly I am happy with this part of my life.
    I am happier and I love how I feel when I'm dressed up. I just with buying clothes so hard/awkward.

Banned Read only
    Happy? Why not? It doesn't control me. It is a simply a part of my life and it is an "advantage" in that it makes it "easier" to be w/o a SO. Not a substitute by any means.

Advice??? "None of us chose to have such an unusual mindset..."

INCORRECT. One of many Forum MYTHS. Just because numerous individuals here insist it over and over doesn't make it so. And some of these folks have gone months or years "without". Some did not start till wayyyyy past 50.

And NO, Love does not conquer all.

Any "true friend" will accept if you tell them. NOPE.

We will ALL be hit with the pink fog sooner or later. Wrong again.

We are all on a magical journey. SOME are on a magical journey.

Joe Doe public is always looking to "bust" CDers any and every chance they get. CD busting is the hobby of CDers.

There are many others.

Summary? YOU are unique like everyone else on the planet. Read all that you can or are interested in here, just don't ever think there is anything wrong with yourself, simply because you might not "fit the mold".

Most importantly, telling ANYONE is a roll of the dice. No matter how well you think you know them. You can never know how someone will handle it AND/or who else they might tell. Most folks are very bad at keeping secrets.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am happy that I have this other side to me and that is an honest as the day is long statement.
    I have known I was different as long as I can remember plus being interested in the things girls were interested in growing up.
    Sure there were times I tried to put it out of my mind and concentrate on the guy stuff so I learned to manage my guy side along with the girl side.
    At 17 I had a change and became a problem child always in trouble and causing my parents grief and I'm truly sorry I did that.
    Drugs,alcohol, biker gang fighting, all trying to prove something to myself I guess.Pretty common thing for some CD's
    Coming to grips with and accepting my femme side has really helped me get rid of the mean nasty guy that lurks inside and keep him under control.
    So yes I'm very happy with who and what I am.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-01-2013 at 01:58 AM.

I think being happy as a crossdresser depends on several things.
    Guilt robs some of happiness. Being in a marriage or relationship where the partner is not supportive or is outright hostile to there partner dressing is another.
    Even an individuals religion can cause a conflict in there lives.

For me, this part of my life is not only natural to me but something I love.
    I think that’s because Suzy is a real part of me. I don’t just dress, I am Suzy inside as well.

Two lives for the price of one, how wonderful is that!

I agree that it can be a very hard thing to live with! it can cause lots of problems with friends, family, and religion for some of us!
    Sometimes I feel like it't not worth all of the trouble I go through, and think of all of the problems it may cause me in the future, but whenever I remember how great it feels to have this side of me, I never want to give that up!
    Another great thing about cross dressing, is that it can give you something to resort to, when everyone else has left you. I even feel like my other self is my own best friend who is there for me when no one else is.
    I will just try to stay strong, and hopefully find those who can support me through it...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm not unhappy that this is part of me but I do wish it didn't make life so complicated.... and I'm proud..... not because of the clothes I like to ware... because of I am who I am....
    This says a lot about me too. I never really said that I was happy or loved myself before starting crossdressing. I say that a lot now and it is one of my standard questions I ask a lot of strangers, including tonight. The answers vary all over the place and the ensuing conversations are fantastic. That also makes me very happy.

How's it work- yes & no?
    Really why I am here, trying to accept how I am.
    I come down very hard after dressing sometimes, wish (at times) it wouldn't end.
    And I do relate to the comment made about keeping the b23tard in me at bay too..

Hi,Felicity.I'm 58 and just started seriously dressing this past year.It's made me happier than I've been in years.It's given me a whole new outlook on life.It feels great to finally let the woman that's always been in me come out and express herself.I don't see that old man in the mirror any more,I see a lovely,vibrant middle aged woman.I haven't been at it long enough to give much advice except to say that I wish I'd done it sooner.You go,girl,and be proud of who you are.Don't let anyone tell you different.Barbara

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I have come to like myself over the years I tried alcohol severval years ago to make it go away it did not after some therapy and alot of soul searchin being a crossdresser is part of me

Since I came out to my wife and have been expressing this part of me openly I am very happy with myself. I no longer feel all the guilt and shame I experienced for so many years because of what others thought, said or felt about people like myself and my sisters. I realize that this is a major aspect to who I am and I have nothing to be ashamed about and everything to proud of.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Once I realized that it was okay to dress with my wife and that she accepted me for being me, it was a proud moment! After that, it didn't matter if I was dressed or not,
    just having that reinforcement lifted a huge weight off my shoulders, and changed my whole outlook on life in a very positive light!

-Gwen