Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Places to see GGs Dressed the Way Many CDs Like to Dress

Best Places to see GGs Dressed the Way Many CDs Like to Dress

Hi Girls

From the point of view of a fetishistic CD like me, GGs don't often dress the way I like to dress, or how I love to see them dressed--namely in skirt suits, dresses, pencil skirts, sheer hose, and stiletto pumps. I think my wife is an exception, because she actually enjoys dressing that way, and not just because I lavish her with praise every time she does. I suppose I'm very lucky that way. In the wider world, though, the last 20 years has seen a decline in the frequency of women dressing the way many CDs enjoy.

The demise of business dress in offices was a blow to us. When I entered the real work world in 1992 after leaving Active Duty, suits (or at least shirts and ties) were required of men, and women were required to wear hose with skirts. This endured in my company in WI until as late as 1998...not so long ago. It was fantastic to see women dressed that way every day: a mixture of lust, envy, and a CD's unique critical eye for women's fashion (that skirt is too short or tight for her / dark hose with a white skirt / salt stains on those pumps--very easy to criticize back then when I was only dressing in my mind!)

In today's world, our opportunity to see women dressed in feminine finery is often limited to special occasions. But there are some places where GGs bust out the hose, heels, dresses and skirts more regularly, much to my enjoyment. Don't get me wrong, I'm no weird voyeur, just a passionate admirer--so much so that I seek to emulate the look on myself.

No offense is meant to the TG members who want to be / will be / are women, and want nothing more than to wear casual female clothes, and for whom hose and heels are by now just uncomfortable props. I respect your strength and courage, but there is a big contingent of us on this forum that will never go that far, and for whom the whole point of CD are the superficial trappings. This is addressed to the latter.

So, without further ado, here is a list of places where in my experience, GGs dress like CDs do, or how CDs wished they did. Please feel free to add to the list!

1. Trade shows, particularly in more conservative industries like medical devices (my industry) or pharma. Now that I can appreciate wearing heels, I don't know how they do it, but it's like a hose and heel parade in the exhibit hall.

2. Major cities, in the financial district, either early morning or late afternoon in temperate climes--especially in Spring or Fall when it is not too hot or cold, and no snow. Stilettos and snow don't mix, and hose when it's 90+ with high humidity is rare.

3. Airports, hotels and flights in Latin America, Asia, and Europe. Hose and heels are still de rigueur for gals in the travel or hospitality industry. Outside the USA, the whole "business sloppy" style hasn't yet caught on.

Eye candy galore. Any other places you can think of?
    Last edited by Gretchen_To_Be; 03-12-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

I was with a girl from Paris and a girl from Monterey, Mexico Saturday night and both cannot believe how little American women care about their appearance. As you state, Latin Girls are always dressed. My friend girl from Mexico was in heels at 10 in the morning. The hottest girls in this country are in Miami and South Texas along with any border town towards Cali. I also had a killer discussion on Heels with my friend from Paris. Great night.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Kristyn Hill View Post
    I was with a girl from Paris and a girl from Monterey, Mexico Saturday night and both cannot believe how little American women care about their appearance. As you state, Latin Girls are always dressed. My friend girl from Mexico was in heels at 10 in the morning. The hottest girls in this country are in Miami and South Texas along with any border town towards Cali. I also had a killer discussion on Heels with my friend from Paris. Great night.
    Kristyn, you are so right. My wife is Colombian, so I completely agree that Latin women love to dress the way we love them to dress, and how many (most?) men would want them to. I lived in Miami for 2 years and it was fantastic (though hose was rare, for climatic reasons).

I lived in Lauderdale for 3 years but worked all over SoFlo. Who needs hose when you have beautiful legs filling those Heels. You just do not find Cuban or the South American Girls not dressed to the 9's ever down there or in the True Mexican Culture found near the border towns. I have been working for a year 3 miles from Mexico in Texas (live in Ft Worth) and the women down there are the same. When I go out it is a great sensation. I even think I see Gurls like us out at times even during the day.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

The last time I was on jury duty I noted that the GG lawyers were heavily into the expensive skirt suit and heels look. It didn't do much for me except to marvel at their poise on those heels as they moved about the courtroom and hallways. I'd hate to have their feet at the end of the day, or their podiatrist bills at the end of the month.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Having always kept an eye out for the hose and heels, and being from the Rio Grande valley, I always look forward to getting back down home just for the view. Now, however, i am always looking for just the right combinations that I know will never work for me...lol

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Airports and trade shows, definitely

The theater is another great place to see women dressed up.

Manhattan. ...anywhere between Central Park and SOHO (South Of HOuston Street)....Houston st. is pronounced How-ston, not Hyoos-ston. ....That's New York.

I regularly do my pedis/manis at any given nail salon.......just because they're there.

Unlike the New Jersey suburbs west of the Hudson River, women wear dresses and skirts almost as a general rule.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 03-12-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Nathalie--exactly. Manhattan is a target rich environment and one of the main locations I allude to in #2. Probably the best in the nation. I attend a trade show there every year and it is remarkable. And guess what? I've noticed a subtle shift in the last few years away from the Carrie Bradshaw bare legs movement...and more sheer hose. Maybe Kate across the pond has changed the perception?

DC is probably a close second, because of "proper" political etiquette, and Chicago isn't bad either.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Last summer: Paris, London, Europe, airports there. Didn't see much of what you're referring to, Shi. Yeah, I saw some nicely dressed women. But, on the whole? Very different and disappointing from when I saw there 20 years ago!

Unless you're only talking about evening wear? I was with my teen daughter. We weren't out late at nite often.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc--I agree about many airport passengers, but I am not referring to the summer tourists or adolescent backpackers; it's the airline counter staff, flight attendants, and business travelers.

Weddings! Being in the music buisness I've played alot of them over the years and noticed the women always come dressed to the nines.

My 'girl self' is stuck in the mid teen years. So it's easy for me, I just go to the mall in the afternoon and bring a book, go to the food court, buy a soda and maybe one of those nice hot pretzels, and sit by the edge of the walkway after school hours and plenty of high school girls going shopping walk past; sometimes they stop, sit at one of the adjacent tables to talk about all kinds of girl stuff I can 'accidently' hear, or pull out their shopping finds from the bags to compare what they've purchased. So I get an eyeful of plenty of clothes that I'd love to wear. Who needs Teen Vogue when I've got my own fashion runway right there?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I foind special horse race days such as derbys to be the most flamboyant.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gosh, my experience is that you'll find that sort of attire mostly in/at lingerie shows, strip bars, and red light districts. There's a reason 99% of the clothes at my local CD store fairly scream out 'sex worker.'

Obviously, not all of us dress like that. But if it wasn't the big seller, we wouldn't have a gigantic store full of it.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Shibumi, I share your appreciation for that style. You may laugh, but that's OK: Walmart, after church on Sundays. I remember one particular Sunday when there were three women, not together, shopping after church at Walmart. They were very well dressed, made up, and had perfect hair. Nice dresses or skirt suits, and great killer high heels - stocking/panthose, of course. And perfectly accessorized. Oh yes, all of them were black. It is my opinion that there is probably more racial segregation in the churches (perhaps, in part, of differences in worship styles) than in workplaces, eateries, entertainment venues, etc. Just an observation, but it seems that there is still a culture in the black churches to dress up on Sundays.

I spend a lot of time in business meetings and I always make an effort to take note of what the ladies are wearing. Then when I see a "style" I like, I search for those clothing items. Once, I was noticing a beautiful pattern in a skirt when the lady turned around and asked me what I was looking at. I told her, the pattern in the skirt. I'm sure she didn't believe me and she walked away.
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    but it seems that there is still a culture in the black churches to dress up on Sundays.
    Definitely! My church-going black friends always dress up for church services and the women typically have gorgeous hats as well. Alas, in my congregation we are down to pants, flats, and some even show up in jeans.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I've noticed a lot more women dressing up for church lately, especially when I'm down South. Even if it's a simply blouse and skirt, it looks so nice and compliments many female body types.

feels better in a dress
    I've been to russia a few times lately (work) and those girls know how to dress, long legs, high heels.

DWTS or strip clubs :-) sorry, couldn't resist....
    DWTS the dresses are always hot!

[QUOTE=Shibumi;3138469]Hi Girls

1. Trade shows, particularly in more conservative industries like medical devices (my industry) or pharma. Now that I can appreciate wearing heels, I don't know how they do it, but it's like a hose and heel parade in the exhibit hall.

I remember seeing a young lady in stilettos at a Wescon electronics convention in San Francisco. Spoke to her about crystals, she represented. As luck would have it, she was on the bus back to the peninsula with us and still had no problem with them after standing in them all day, even running to get to the train. At the time I was wearing pantyhose, and the steel toe boots I was wearing had worn the pantyhose toes through and the remnants where cutting between my toes.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

At work..... the young women are all dressing up and its fantastic! Dresses, skirt, heels...... might just never retire......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I travele a lot and the Airports and most east coast cities NY Boston and DC are the best.