Thread: Drag Queen Bingo?

Drag Queen Bingo?

Has anyone ever heard of this or gone to it. My SO came home tonight and told me that her boss was going to Drag Queen Bingo. i thought she was making it up until I Googled it. There is a place in Royal Oak, MI and from what I can tell others around the country. I guess this place is sold out every weekend and for weeks ahead.
    I am baffled by the fact I never heard of this.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is a show. Comedy show, where the queen or queens say outrageous things while the audience pays bingo. Can be really good...often it is obnoxious and really bad. If you like jokes about TGs or like being insulted...then it is your cup of tea
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I just can't believe I never heard of this. Not really my thing. I guess maybe I'll skip it or.............
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My LGBT church actually does a DQB 2 or 3 times a year as a fundraising event. I ran sound for it last month. The performers were members of the church and some were quite talented. I was worried that I might be, but was surprised that I was not offended at all and had a really good time.
    The bingo caller was a transgender gal and the performers were all gay men from the church.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    I just can't believe I never heard of this. Not really my thing. I guess maybe I'll skip it or.............
    Go ahead and give it a try. You never know, you just might have a great time!

PS. If there was one around here I'd darn sure go.

Gold Member
    Hay!!! I wonder if I could do that at my Legion Post. I run the BINGO there every Sunday.
    Some how I think the Commander would not see the fun in a DQB event.
    Rader

No need to wonder what it is about. Go to YouTube, search 'drag queen bingo" and you'll find dozens of clips.

Hamburger Patties in Sacramento has DGB once a month, and it is a riot. It is not a specific gay event and most of those attending are groups of friends and couples. Some of the proceeds from each DGB night is donated to a select non-profit organization. The one a few weeks back benefited the non-profit I work for (Weave Inc.). Each one sells out and the place is full to capacity before the start time. Two drag queens are the emcees and the night is filled with mild R-rated racy comments, innuendos and double entendres. Certain bingo numbers when drawn are followed by yelled out responses from everyone (O68 - "do me and I will owe you one"); O69 is "shots, shots, shots" and then you can buy $1 shots. If there are multiple winners to a game, which is common, cards are drawn and the highest card is the winner, and the rest get to draw a prize from the "Bag of Crap". The winner has to wear a messy blonde wig and a pink feather boa, and gets their picture taken with the drag queens. Then someone from the non-profit grabs them by the hand and quickly walks them through all three rooms in the bar and restaurant. Everyone else takes their losing bingo sheets, crumples them up and throws them at the winner as they go by while yelling "pelt them, pelt them". The person leading them around tends to get hit more than the winner since the leader is in the front. That happened both times I was leading the winner around. At the end of the night, a fat envelope with about $1500 was given to us as the donation which was fantastic. The worse part was picking up all of the crumpled up bingo sheets on the floor at the end of the evening. They were everywhere and filled 6 large garbage bags. It was a very fun night even though I had to work at it.

BTW, I work at Weave Inc. as a woman. No one at DGB seemed to notice or care there might have been something "different" about me.

The entertainment can vary as far as lewd jokes go.
    Just remember, laugh at the funny bits, cross your numbers off and ignore the crude bits.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I never heard of it either but it should be okay as long as it's not like "frog baseball".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning