Thread: Do dreams carry a message?

Do dreams carry a message?

Alright. I have two of them that I have had this week that were very, very..... That little face describes it perfectly.

First up in my femme dream land, I was buying a car. While speaking with the sales man, some celebrity (can't remember as I'm not good with celebrity names, but know the face) came in to buy the same car. It was a Maserati. So, after I met him, he tells me he will rent it for the evening for us to try out. I'm driving around in a black Maserati in a black dress and heels. All the way to where we are going, he keeps looking at me from the passenger seat. Don't know all the details, but we wound up at a condo, and him telling me he will buy the car for me if I... So, needless to say it happened.

Second up, the one last night I remember to the tee. I was dancing in a club when I am pulled up on stage (this dream comes to me frequently). The only thing different was that this time, a man came up on stage with me, and began....squeezing areas while dancing with me. He leads me to the back room, where I dance for him while he watches in a chair. Nothing else happens, but the dream was extremely arousing.

The worst part is I wake up next to my wife, and instantly roll over and start crying. I'm not gay. For....sure. The thought (while I'm awake) is not arousing AT ALL. I feel horrible. I do have dreams about my wife, but none are ever sexual. Most of the time, as that is about to happen, I wake up. The only thing I can come up with, is that it is a mind set being a cross dresser. You can't half it. Your mind has to be a hundred percent toward presenting as a female or it does not work the way you want it to. We can physically limit the things we do, but when we have no mental boundaries in our sleep, our minds roam. Just made me upset this morning. On Easter too....go figure.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Banned Read only
    Jessica, Sigmund Freud said, "The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind." BUT, he also said, "Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." Even the father of dream analysis hedged. Last night, in my dream, I was flying and killing zombies. Don't read anything into it other than what it is: a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post
    The thought (while I'm awake) is not arousing AT ALL. I feel horrible. I do have dreams about my wife, but none are ever sexual. Most of the time, as that is about to happen, I wake up.
    I'm guessing this isn't that uncommon. It happens to me too! But, while conscious, there's never any doubt who I'll end up next to in bed that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Last night, in my dream, I was flying and killing zombies. Don't read anything into it other than what it is: a dream.
    I couldn't agree more with the point of this. It also sounds like you have awesome dreams Jennifer! I've had some humdingers myself and one of my most memorable was about driving a car powered by slinkys that turned into a flying carpet with a glove-box full of cheeseburgers that I had to constantly throw at my friends riding on the back of the carpet. So, yeah, just a dream!

-Bree

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Last night, in my dream, I was flying and killing zombies. Don't read anything into it other than what it is: a dream.
    I wouldn't say that, not exactly.

A lot of my dreams have the basic plot-line of there being some kind of invasion (though not of zombies, LOL), and I lead the people against the invaders. But look slightly further and in each case in the dreams I am an inexperienced and unenthusiastic leader of no particular social rank who gets talked into being leader because I at least had some small suggestions and no-one else in the dreams knows what to do or is willing to accept taking leadership. So in the dreams, I end up taking charge because no-one else is doing the job and it needs to be done and with me there is at least a chance of it getting done; taking the leadership on is at least marginally better than the alternatives.

Back in real life, the above underlying theme is a distinct pattern in my life: I take things on because they need doing and someone has to do them. I overload, I know I'm going to drop things, I know there are better qualified people for a lot of what I do, I work through tiredness and skimp on the fun -- because the tasks need doing.

Thus, although the details any one dream (e.g., zombies) might not mean too much, the pattern of themes of your dreams might be meaningful.

That said, I have no current interpretations to offer Jessica.

I think most of us want to be accepted as female or "passing" when we dress female. The way I read your dream is you being accepted for who you are.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

I do think dreams are expressions of the insecurities and anxiety we have in our sub conscious at times. But our conscious decisions are something else. I have dreams about dressing all the time and many of them have a measure of insecurity in them either of being found out by someone or being out and thinking people know I am not a woman.

I'm 99% sure I don't want to transition and that this is just me expressing a different side of me. Having said that, I HAVE had dreams from time to time where I was in a fully female body.

Sometimes dreams are our body's way of letting us be something else for the night.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

Your first dream sounds like a dream come true for many of us. Not that we would ever use sex to get anything mind you. Your second dream I have already done for real. Performing on stage and a private lap dance for a guy in a room. Nothing happened other than that but the tip was good. Dreams can be real adventures Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Dreams can be strange and I think they have an underlying theme.
    Something you wish would happen in your life.
    The images may be a little distorted and are open to interpretation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Remember what Disney said...."A dream is a wish your heart makes"....

Who knows what dreams mean. I just enjoy mine and don't worry about meaning.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

We can learn a lot from our dreams, but often we need help from a wise listener who has experience interpreting them. Dreams are richly symbolic. Sometimes we are not just one person in our dream but ALL the people—both the one dancing and the one watching the dance. So the presence of a watcher may not have anything to do with homosexuality but simply an indication that you like to watch yourself as a women.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn cd View Post
    We can learn a lot from our dreams, but often we need help from a wise listener who has experience interpreting them. Dreams are richly symbolic. Sometimes we are not just one person in our dream but ALL the people—both the one dancing and the one watching the dance. So the presence of a watcher may not have anything to do with homosexuality but simply an indication that you like to watch yourself as a women.
    This is pretty much what I think too. The symbols may represent something else. I did a study on interpreting dreams long ago and read several books on the subject. One source said that dreams are just background noise in your brain that don't mean anything. Other books said that only the dreamer can interpret their dreams.

My opinion is that dressing as a female has to affect the subconscious mind. I tend to have more of these types of dreams if I sleep in lingerie or if I've been dressing often.

The dream world for the most part doesn't make any sense at all. i.e. I'm driving a car which somehow is suddenly a bicycle then I'm walking.

Banned Read only
    Don't worry about dreams that are fantasies. Dreaming about a date with a man does not make you gay. Dreaming about making it with a woman other than your wife does not make you an adulterer. Or making it with your wife en femme does not make you a closeted lesbian?

Worry about dreams concerning past happenings. Those have a tendency to muddy the waters.

Just for the record, most of my dreams are profound and loaded with symbolism. I can change from man to woman at will in them. Many times I have lucid dreams (aware I'm dreaming) and am the writer, producer and director of the outcome. This helps me to experience a variety of perspectives on many things.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't think so. Dreams are just a way to clear the brain.

Jessica, don't watch back to back showings of Pretty Woman and True Lies.

Now you can relax.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post

First up in my femme dream land, I was buying a car. While speaking with the sales man, some celebrity (can't remember as I'm not good with celebrity names, but know the face) came in to buy the same car. It was a Maserati.
    Oh yes, absolutely dreams often come true. I would say that you need to clear the garage out for a new car
    So, after I met him, he tells me he will rent it for the evening for us to try out. I'm driving around in a black Maserati in a black dress and heels. All the way to where we are going, he keeps looking at me from the passenger seat.
    That says you are in control of the situation. That you have it handled.
    Don't know all the details, but we wound up at a condo, and him telling me he will buy the car for me if I... So, needless to say it happened.
    OH....um...nevermind...dreams are "an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato." There seems to be a bit of you that wants to be a bad girl

Oh and that all came true with me except it wasn't a celebrity and he didn't buy me a Maserati... he took my Vega.....
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    I once dreamt that I was tiling a staircase. Be grateful your dreams are more interesting than mine!

And don't take the content of dreams seriously. It's the emotion that drives them, the details are little more than random thoughts coliding. If you were aroused in your dreams..or perhaps aroused by dressing in your dreams..that's about as deep as you need delve.

Some dreams have psychic messages. Some dreams are your subconscious messages or desires to your consciousness. Some dreams are meaningless purges of information. Only you know which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by trishwannabcd View Post
    I do think dreams are expressions of the insecurities and anxiety we have in our sub conscious at times. But our conscious decisions are something else. I have dreams about dressing all the time and many of them have a measure of insecurity in them either of being found out by someone or being out and thinking people know I am not a woman.
    I agree with that statement.
    I have had many dreams where I am nearly naked, and trying to get back home from the middle of nowhere.

Gold Member
    Pretty awesome dream.
    Sometimes dreams can be on our minds all day. I write down the ones that effect me.
    The thing that bothers me is that sometimes seemingly innocent or good dreams may not be so positive.

One I had not too long ago - my mom and I were standing at the top of the basement staircase and calling for one of our cats. She came sort of running upstairs to us. Thing was, we lost that cat not too long after. Then last night we lost another cat.
    One time I had some weird dream where I was getting our place ready to move out and my son was 4 years old again and comes upstairs and he was helping me clean the last room before it got dark outside.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I sure hope not I don't dream very often but when I do its sort of like warning me of something....don't ask me why but I have a lot of dream of being some kind of bank robber lol. and well it always ends up im on some beach living it up and some swat team shows up lol...either that or someone trying to kill me....

In 99% of my dreams, I'm in guy mode. That's probably a good thing because, while I very much enjoy my girl mode dreams, I get depressed when I wake up after having them.

My favorite dream ever I was sitting at a big table with all of my guy friends and their girlfriends. It was kind of like a head table at a wedding because all the guys were in tuxes and the girls were in matching black satin dresses. I, of course, also wore a black satin dress. One of the guys gave me some light ribbing, and I took it good-naturedly because I could feel that everyone accepted me as I was.

A recent dream I had was me in guy mode hanging out with my best friend and his girlfriend. We were talking about something and she let slip something about how because I don't date often, she thinks I'm gay. I had to correct her. I tell her I'm not gay, I'm transgender. She gives my friend something like an "I told you so" look and then her eyes light up. "He can be Mary Jane for Halloween!" she says. My friend immediately shuts it down. I found this exchange to be humorous, but I never found out why it happened.

I suppose it doesn't take a fancy psychologist to figure what weighs on my mind.