Thread: A big step for me

A big step for me

First of all, I have to apologize for extended absences from this site. I do check regularly but I get overwhelmed by the number of posts and all the feelings that they engender (a carefully selected word).

Anyway, my wife and kids went out of town to buy a new cat this last Saturday and because of my cataract surgery a week ago I stayed here. However, I was still able to get to the nearby thrift shop to look for some new tops to match a recent skirt purchase.

This time I threw caution to the wind (at least for this very closeted CD). I underdressed completely (including hip pads and breast forms), wore some hip-hugger pants that my daughter cast off, a woman's watch, and a female top. I also wore a pair of suede ankle boots with zippers and two-inch heels (I'm 6'4"), though the pants did cover them some. The only thing not obviously femme was my jacket, which helped hide the boobs.

I was sensitive (without being too obvious) to the reactions of those around me. Even though I was in the store for 20 minutes or so and the shoes seemed to echo for miles, as far as I could tell only one person seemed to notice. One teenage girl (16 or so) scanned me from top to bottom and focused on my shoes. But after I moved past her I she moved on as well.

It was a very exhilarating experience and I ended up with three new tops for $6 + tax.

Unfortunately, with the warm weather approaching I've stopped shaving my legs and I won't be able to camouflage my breast forms under baggy sweaters.

Until September....

Valerie

Now you have a small taste of the out in public feeling, it just gets better as you do it more and find not many really notice or care.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

Curious-why stop shaving your legs? If it's because of wearing shorts, no one says you have to wear shorts in summer. If it's because people may notice your shaved legs some other way, hell, everybody shaves these days. Check out even the macho guys. The only place it's still de riguer to keep some hair is the armpits. (Makes no sense to me but what the hay) Shave 'em down, oil 'em up, and I'll bet you get compliments on them.-Celeste

Why stop shaving your legs.
    Read past threads here and see all the neutral reactions there are.
    Get another tube of Nair now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good for you, Valerie! It takes courage to do this, and I am slowly getting there myself. Thank you for sharing your post. Good luck to you for more successful outings!
    Di

I stop shaving my legs because my wife complains if the hair on my legs is too short. And in North Carolina in the summer it's too hot to wear long pants on some days.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    The only place it's still de riguer to keep some hair is the armpits. (Makes no sense to me but what the hay)
    I started shaving my underarms first many years ago. Without the hair there is not the favorable environment for the bacteria that causes BO.

If you are not wearing sleeveless undershirts (aka wifebeaters) or going without a shirt, nobody will ever see your armpits.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Sparks View Post
    And in North Carolina in the summer it's too hot to wear long pants on some days.
    So wouldn't it be cooler to not have hair too? Just a thought (but also the main reason many men shave their heads in the summer).
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Apart from shaving them, nothing improves their look quite like a thin layer of some oil. Thats what the shiny stockings are all about. It - the oil - feels good too.
    ~S~
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"