Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do if I did?

Dawn, a lot of us would be ok with it "IF" we knew you.
    Having a stranger come up is a bit offputting as you do not know if they are crazies or what they are likely to do next.
    I have had some I know come up and squeal in delight at a unique situation and then we fade into the distance.
    It draws some unnecessary attention, but that is how life is. We can get used to that.
    I know your enthusiasm and consideration is in the right place but it can have unforeseen consequences.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Dawn, if you ever see me out and about, do everything you can to approach me and engage me in positive interaction. I would absolutely love it. I was in a Dress Barn and a lady approached me to tell me I looked nice and would I like to meet her spouse who was in the dressing room trying on clothes. I was elated. They invited me out to dinner with a group of friends and I had one of the most memorable times of my life.

Please come say hi.

Wow. I am so warmed by all the responses. This question was actually brought on by a real situation. I was in the mall with my daughter, and I walked passed someone who was dressed (I know they were genetically male because of the adam's apple). She took my breath away she was so beautiful, but I didn't want her to think my reaction was shock. It was, but not in a bad way. I just didn't know how to approach her.

And yes, I've had that reaction to genetic females too. There are just some people who are so undeniably beautiful it's breathtaking. It's not an attraction thing, I just appreciate beauty. Inside and out. I'm happily married to my SO, and I think I even forgot how to flirt. LOL!

I like the idea of a compliment on something they're wearing. Simply put, I have yet to see someone out who has had bad taste, so a compliment won't be hard. I like the idea of volunteering to help people with makeup and such. I truly enjoy that time with my husband. I don't know where to start looking for a group like that. I live in a pretty small town pretty far from any large community. But it's a thought!

Again, thankyou for all of you thoughtful responses. You have all made me feel like I'm part of a community here. It makes me feel all fuzzy!
    If it's easy, it's not worth it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Dawn find a local transgender support group close to you.
    My group helped me a lot I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for them.
    This site has been a big part of my transformation as well.

Nice thought but would you do something like that to everyone, not just CD's? I'm sure many of us would be flattered but there would be many that would prefer to be treated just like you would treat everyone else. That said, if you do that to everyone, by all means do it to a CD also.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Aspiring Member
    Dawn,
    Thank you for being supportive. For people like me, the best thing is when I am treated like a normal person. A kind smile and sincere complement can always brighten my day.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

I've had it happen, and it felt pretty good.

Your husband is in a great situation!

Michaella

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnD View Post
    I feel excited to have a place to express myself and listen to others. I have watched my husband struggle for so long, I wish I could be there for everyone. I see someone in the mall or out and about dressed and I want to tell them how beautiful they are. Just so they can hear it. Hug them. I see how it can be for my husband walk through the grocery store. The stares and the whispers. I just want to let people know that it's ok, and not EVERYONE is a jerk!

Don't know how well that would go over though. Walking up to a stranger and giving them some moral support that they didn't ask for. If you're trying to pass and I walk up and call you out, sort of deflate's the illusion doesn't it?

Just a thought...
    Everyone loves a compliment---telling one of us ladies at the mall how great we look will always be well received
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Dawn, You seem like a very caring person and if I even met you at a mall, restaurant, or other public place, I would be proud of any compliment you gave.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I try to fit in when I am dressed. A kind word or a compliment from anybody is always appreciated but to have it come from a GG is really special. I love special people like Dawn and Nurse Sam who accept us girls and are so kind to us.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCDTV View Post
    Nice thought but would you do something like that to everyone, not just CD's? I'm sure many of us would be flattered but there would be many that would prefer to be treated just like you would treat everyone else. That said, if you do that to everyone, by all means do it to a CD also.
    Actually I do that to random people sometimes. I'm weird like that.
    If it's easy, it's not worth it.

Just a compliment would be great. And much appreciated, too.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    Just a compliment would be great. And much appreciated, too.
    Yes, I think that would be sufficient. It would leave one in a good place and probably not have to wonder what the real motivation was.

Keep
    It
    Simple