Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cozy vs aroused

Cozy vs aroused

Something I've experienced and may be worth discussion. The feelings I get from dressing (to the degree I do) vary across the board. There was a time that I would get aroused by it. Most of the time now it is just the sense of wonder and feeling cozy, like my earliest experiences. Now and then, though, it is being aroused.

I think it may be that the tactile sense of feminine clothing creates the male response, even though I'm in the clothing. When dressing is all about feeling feminine, like the early experiences, and most of the time recently, the reaction is more confortable.

What do you think?

I compare it to a couple who falls in love. In the beginning for most people it is intensely hot and passionate. These intense feelings actually have a biological purpose. They serve to form the bonds that the couple will need to stay together, in order to provide a stable environment for their growing children. But eventually as the couple ages, all that passion settles into the more comfortable phases of any long-term relationship. The intensity and frequency of sex between most couples greatly diminishes during middle age compared to the way it was in their 20s. But if after so many years their marriage is still good, they will be devoted to each other and they will not be able to imagine living life without their partner.
    Reine

Gold Member
    Reine;
    You hit the nail on the head. My wife and I are married for over 19 years now,
    Not a great amount of time, but it is still a great feeling between us.
    We are both over 65, she just had a stroke, and Rehab is just working out.
    I might have to put her in an Rest Home. This just tears me up, as I adore her,
    and wish she was back at home. But I still and always love her to the end.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    I guess I don't fit the pattern. Arousal while dressing switched off like a light switch - almost literally overnight - about a month and a half ago. It wasn't gradual at all, it was rather immediate.

Arousal with my spouse of 17 years is about the same as when we got together. Maybe better.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I compare it to a couple who falls in love. In the beginning for most people it is intensely hot and passionate. These intense feelings actually have a biological purpose. They serve to form the bonds that the couple will need to stay together, in order to provide a stable environment for their growing children. But eventually as the couple ages, all that passion settles into the more comfortable phases of any long-term relationship. The intensity and frequency of sex between most couples greatly diminishes during middle age compared to the way it was in their 20s. But if after so many years their marriage is still good, they will be devoted to each other and they will not be able to imagine living life without their partner.
    I'm sure that's generally tru, Reine. However, it's exceptions that prove the rule, rite?

When my ex and I separated after 10 years, we weren't having sex, period. Sherry renewed both my interest in women and in sex. That was 16 years ago and now I'm 16 years older and she still blows my hair back.

I'm well past middle age, but Sherry just turned 16. Maybe THAT explains it?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I think Pavlov's dogs is the simple answer.

Pleasureable, as well as unpleaureable things, can easily become entrenched in our brains.

And let's face it, Os are pretty fun. And highly "addictive" Which is WHY men are so visually oriented. More Os/easier Os are an elegantly simple solution to producing MORE offspring - a man's most basic programming.

Few people here of any age will claim they have NEVER had an orgasm while "dressed". [to some degree] Some say "only in their teens" or "for a period of time".

Whether it was only 10 times or a hundred or thousands... Certainly the brain would make that association and latch onto it? ANY activity that could perhaps drag a 7 second O into a much longer drawn out experience?

Although it's certainly not a given, it IS an expectation that with the passing years, more kids, most likely higher weight, more job stress, more bills, probably popping more pills for more "ailments", most men are going to want/need "it" much less?

I seriously doubt if FtMs get very excited from dressing as males or put ON clothing items to help get to the "promised land". But admittedly, I am only guessing and maybe I'm all wet.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Geena, this mirrors my experience. I started as mainly a fetish dresser, preferring silky nightgowns, but one of my "awakenings" as a CD came when I tried a couple of dresses I had ordered, and found that I wasn't aroused, but felt comfortable and happy. This started me on the path to developing a proper wardrobe and a full femme presentation, and led me to the belief that I had a part-female soul. I can still get aroused by my gowns on occasion, but I can be happy and relaxed in one now as well.

The tactile sensations are a big part of what I loved (and still do) about the nightgowns, and that's present with other parts of my wardrobe as well. It's one of the things that combines to create the warm, glowing "aura" of femininity I feel when dressed. But these days, it doesn't have to develop into full-blown arousal to make me happy.

So maybe it's just that you're passing into a new stage of your dressing. Don't fear it.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

For me it was a conscious decision, quite some time ago. I still get excited sometimes, but instead of focusing on it -- and acting on it -- I just move on and let it blend with the overall glow. It doesn't go away, exactly. It's like being a little bit aroused all the time.

When I am dressed I feel "turned on" but not in a sexual way. Large parts of it are not sexual at all, and the older I get the less important it is. Such is life.
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 04-05-2013 at 04:18 AM.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Well like many here I was aroused when younger. This came mostly from lingere, just the feeling and the taboo nature of it all was extremely arousing. When I began dressing more fully is when I found the cozy part. The calm natural feeling while dressed as a woman. I still get aroused when I stand in front of a mirror in just panties, stockings and a slip. If I continue to dress it remains exciting but in a different way. Recently after a bout with a kidney stone which also brought on a UTI I had some "dribbling" problems for about a week. My wife who has similar problems due to her poor health gave me one of her feminine pads to contain the problem. For some reason I became very aroused because of this. Partly because she's the one that came up with the idea (she is only recently accepting) and partly because of just the idea of something so personally feminine. The UTI cleared up in about a week but I am still wearing a pad sometimes just for the feeling. It also makes tucking more comfortable, who knew.

As far as the comparison to a long term relationship as Reine suggests, I agree. I am pushing 60 and with the wifes health issues, physical relations ended quite abruptly a year ago. I love her deeply and being suddenly sexless has only increased my desire to dress which I think is partly due to no longer needing to prove my machismo to my spouse. Which I think also contributed to her acceptance after all these years. Just my thoughts.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    Something I've experienced and may be worth discussion. The feelings I get from dressing (to the degree I do) vary across the board. There was a time that I would get aroused by it. Most of the time now it is just the sense of wonder and feeling cozy, like my earliest experiences. Now and then, though, it is being aroused.

I think it may be that the tactile sense of feminine clothing creates the male response, even though I'm in the clothing. When dressing is all about feeling feminine, like the early experiences, and most of the time recently, the reaction is more confortable.

What do you think?
    Certainly now after around 40 years dressing, I can look back on a time when it always had an amazing arousal effect on me. Now, as it feels more natural, more right, still exciting in a different way, it is as you say more of a comfortable feeling. Together with my understanding wife, I am certainly more aroused when I am dressed, but we do have a great relationship either way. In honesty she prefers having the man, but understands why I want to be the woman.

I'm finding lately that I'm dressing for comfort. It was a lot about fetishising and arousal in the beginning and a lot of times it still is. But lately having found myself on my own and stressed over my recent separations and stresses at work dressing has made feel pretty and confident and sexy but also very very relaxed, and comfortable and well just plain relaxed.

Who needs prozac or valium??

CDing Its the best. Its a vacation in a D Cup
    xxx Chloe xxx

If You Are On The Rainbow Then You Are on the Team

When it is cold and I am curled up by the fire........
    I just feel warm and fuzzy.
    I am always dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Arousal is still a significant component of my dressing. But I am finding great comfort and contentment in being fully dressed and made up for a much longer time. I've also been tucking a bit more securely lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Whether it was only 10 times or a hundred or thousands... Certainly the brain would make that association and latch onto it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    The tactile sensations are a big part of what I loved (and still do) about the nightgowns, and that's present with other parts of my wardrobe as well. It's one of the things that combines to create the warm, glowing "aura" of femininity I feel when dressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich Salem View Post
    When I am dressed I feel "turned on" but not in a sexual way.
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenJo View Post
    I still get aroused when I stand in front of a mirror in just panties, stockings and a slip. If I continue to dress it remains exciting but in a different way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne York View Post
    ... still exciting in a different way,
    Quote Originally Posted by CDChloe1972 View Post
    Who needs prozac or valium?? CDing Its the best. Its a vacation in a D Cup
    Right! I've been trying to find a word for the notion of being turned on but not sexually, since so many CDers say that it is not outright sexual for them (necessarily leading to orgasm) and therefore, not a fetish. Yet, they do feel a heightened sense of "je ne sais quoi" that people like me simply don't experience on a regular basis. Actually the only times I have felt a sense of elation or euphoria that comes close to how CDers in this forum describe their feelings, were during specific, romantic highlights of my life such as the butterflies phase of falling in love and my wedding day. And even then, the heightened sense of happiness that I felt on my wedding day had absolutely nothing to do with the way that I was dressed.

So if intense feelings are felt just over presentation, is 'non-sexual fetish' a good way to describe it? One of the definitions of fetish is a material object such as a talisman (or a situation such as as putting on the clothing?) regarded with reverence or devotion.
    Reine

I think, in the early game, I felt aroused. Going into taboo territory can seem very exciting, for whatever the reasons may be.......we all know that.
    Nowadays, the idea of wearing women's clothes does not arouse me, it's just the way I express myself as the way I am. I somehow migrated, a few years ago from the short haircut dude, in a polo shirt and some facial hair, in a corporate environment, and the reality is I did not feel the look reflected the real me...as who I really am: a gender non-conformist.

For me, putting on a dress doesn't arouse me, it just simply makes me feel like a girl, thus I feel complete and whole. Being female is only a part of me, not the sum or the whole.

Non-sexual fetish doesn't ring true for me. The only reason I have reverence for women's clothing is that they cost so frickin' much.

I suppose I like exploring my feminine side partly because I was pressured by society to repress it. Getting dressed up feels like a release, a relaxation into a place where I simply feel more comfortable and can be myself. It isn't the physical objects, it is what they represent. I don't know how to explain it better, except to say that it feels Right.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    And even then, the heightened sense of happiness that I felt on my wedding day had absolutely nothing to do with the way that I was dressed.
    Gosh, that's neat, Reine, but the wedding gown industry would like to suggest that you are probably in the minority in your view on this issue.

Do you ever feel good when you are dressed especially nice? Good about yourself? You just know you look nice, so you feel nice?

Is it so farfetched that some of us feel the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Gosh, that's neat, Reine, but the wedding gown industry would like to suggest that you are probably in the minority in your view on this issue.

Do you ever feel good when you are dressed especially nice? Good about yourself? You just know you look nice, so you feel nice?
    I always feel good about myself and the way that I present, unless I am the only person in the room who is underdressed at a dressy function. Or, if I am the only person in the room who is way over dressed compared to everyone else. You know, it's like having a dream where you are the only person who does not belong.

Luckily though, I seem to hit it just right no matter where I go. I do enjoy presenting nicely with clothes that flatter vs. hanging loosely like a burlap bag, but the clothes really don't give me a buzz the way that many CDers describe. I'm just as happy on a casual evening out with my SO in a well fitting pair of jeans and a soft sweater, as I am more elaborately dressed at a charity ball.

As to the wedding dresses, I agree that many women go for tradition replete with the traditional gown. Some women care more about finding the perfect style and fit for their bodies while others may well want to look like a princess on their day. Or maybe they want to look virginal. But I promise you that none will feel the same type of buzz that I have read about here time and time again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are CDers who don't feel any buzz at all. But, this thread is about feeling a buzz vs. not feeling one, and I had a question about the people who did say they get a buzz, even though it no longer culminates in orgasm each time. This topic comes up a lot in this forum, and in my view it is helpful to find words that describes fairly well, something that a lot of CDers seem to experience.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    @Reine - I apologize for the acerbic tone of my remark, I respect you.

But I promise you that none will feel the same type of buzz that I have read about here time and time again.
    1. How can you know this? It may be true for you, of course.
    2. I think it is fairly obvious that many women get some sort of a feeling from clothes.

Whether it is the same or something totally different, I dunno. I've certainly watched women who seem to be every bit as obsessed with shoes, for example as anyone on this forum.

I'm not trying to be obstinate - I'm just asking why is it different, and how do you know, in general? Do women who put on especially sexy clothes not feel, in general, at least a little sexy while they are wearing them? That never happens?
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 04-05-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post

1. How can you know this? It may be true for you, of course.
    LOL Because it's written in the girl code!

There are things that my SO can tell me are near universal about men that don't make sense to me either, since, well, I'm not a guy. I ask him the same thing ... "How do you KNOW this is true"? and he shrugs his shoulders and says it is just the way it is. He knows.

Seriously. We just don't get the same type of thrill about wearing our clothes as CDers do. I don't know how else to explain it. The clothes are not and were never TRIGGERS for us!

And yes, of course we feel sexual at times just like men do. And a woman who feels sexual will enjoy attracting a male (or fantasizing about attracting a male). Enter the lingerie. But, unlike a CDER, if a woman is not aroused to begin with, the lingerie by itself will not act as a trigger for arousal when she puts it on. In other words, it's not about putting on the lingerie. Or the stilettos, thigh highs, boots, etc.

As to women being obsessed with shoes, yes, there are women with shopping addictions. It's not the same thing. The shoes do not and have not triggered a sexual response or some sort of buzz just because it's a woman's shoe, the way that it does for CDers.

I guess the fundamental difference is that a CDer's excitement over wearing women's clothing is rooted in sexual gratification. That's how it all started for the vast majority of you! Whereas this is not the case for GGs.

EDIT I sometimes wonder if it is this buzz, or glow, or heightened feeling (however it may be described), that makes a CDer feel "feminine". Yet, you will hear GG after GG tell you that femininity has nothing to do with feeling this way (since we don't get a similar glow when we put on our clothes), nor does it have anything to do with looking particularly girly or feminine.
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-05-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    Reine

I imagine women do get a buzz out of dressing up. I recall my SO getting giddy over trying on an outfit that was pretty or sexy or just made of material that felt good. I have also noted that it doesn't happen as much now as it did 20 years ago. The only buzz I have gotten out of men's clothes is if they focus on some machismo idea (hunting, bikers, outdoorsmen).

(Hey did I complete the cycle? commenting how the other gender feels dressed up? LOL)

Hmm. Geena, I'd love to have your SO come into this forum and describe exactly how she felt when she put on that outfit. Sometimes, we read into others what we feel ourselves.
    Reine

Just to add another dimension to this -- since it has been hinted at in several posts. When you've been dressing, do you find you are more affectionate to the SO? That doesn't necessarily mean while you are dressed.

I have found that I do show more affection when I have been dressing. (Uh Oh, come to think of it, my past binges were at similar intervals to the birth of my children. Fortunately, that won't happen this time.)

Both of these things at times - my SO says my whole demeanour changes when I dress. It's a happy place. And I do treat her better - I love all the more for accepting this part of me.
    Last edited by TeresaCD; 04-06-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Let me try a different tack. Reine, have you ever accidentally worn clothing to work that was too tight? When you get home at the end of a long day, it just feels so good to take it off. There's a feeling of relief, relaxation, and feeling normal again.

When you feel like you have to permanently hide some part of your soul from society, you walk around uncomfortable all day. Maybe there's no buzz from crossdressing after all; maybe I am just feeling normal, after not. I honestly don't know if my mood is elevated above yours, all I know is that it feels more comfortable than not doing it. Maybe I am just raising myself up to the normal that you experience every day, so you don't notice it.

When you are hungry, food tastes really good. Day to day, it's just food and you don't think about it. Maybe crossdressers are just foodies, focusing on each bite.

I don't find peace in "pretending to be a girl"; I find it in not pretending to be a boy.
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 04-06-2013 at 01:02 AM.