Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am i a true crossdresser?

am i a true crossdresser?

I love wearing feminine underwear, dresses, lingerie, boots, heels but have no desire to wear wigs and makeup. I paint my toenails, shave my legs etc but am I still to be considered a cd even though I don't go the whole hog? I would appreciate your thoughts

Platinum Member
    Yes. There's no requirement to dress completely en femme nor that you desire more than what you're doing now.

You describe perhaps the majority of CDrs.

I would say yes you are, but more importantly what do you think?
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unless you do this on the third Wednesdays of each month...but only on a full moon only, you don't count.

No, seriously, I was only kidding, welcome aboard!

Everyone dresses for different reasons, there are no rules. There is no "one model" for a crossdresser, transgender, or even transsexual person. We are all snowflakes, snowflake......every snowflake is different than the other. Do what makes you you, and what makes you feel best.

Banned Read only
    Actually, a couple of years ago, a Scientist [or maybe a group of them?] with maybe too much time on their hands decided that YES indeed 2 snowflakes can be alike.

It's a safe bet though that no two CDers will ever be exactly alike, if one is to judge by this Forum. Of course you are a CDer. Only YOU can decide if you are a "true" crossdresser. Or a "false" CDer. Or a "mean" CDer. Or a "nice" CDer...

The main thing is not to worry about WHERE you fit in or IF you are "doing things" wrong or assume you are on a journey just because many here are.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I, too, only partially dressed for years. I progressed slowly from just lingerie, to heels, to skirts and tops, etc. Why do makeup and hair when I'm not going anywhere and the crossdressing was mostly erotica anyway? During that time, I avoided looking in the mirror. Just a guy in sexy lingerie and heels. Slowly that changed. I wanted to look better. Little by little I worked on the other parts of the feminine look and eventually achieved a look that I really liked. Then a friend came by and she took me out with her to a club in another town. Needless to say, I've never been the same since and my wardrobe and look keeps evolving hopefully for the better!

You may never go any farther than where you are now. Then again, you may someday do the full SRS transition. Nobody knows until it happens.

I really don't understand why you should care what label you or others puts on yourself?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes.

Few people start out with full-on dressing. It usually does begin with just the clothing. In your other post you said you are exploring this with a new partner, so it will be interesting to see where you'll be in a year of two.

My SO began with just panties. Now, she goes out fully dressed just like I do but with forms & pads, several times weekly in the next town over. She does NOT identify as a transsexual, she will not take hormones, nor wish to transition, nor wish to live full time femme (at least at this point). She told me some years ago that she always thought the need to present as a woman would disappear once she reached middle age. She was wrong. lol
    Reine

Honestly, when I "de-femme" myself, I do it in stages and check out the various looks. It's still me there. The last thing to come off is usually the make up but it still feels pretty damn good to me.People's definitions vary so really that's why I mostly avoid labels and go with names instead.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I totally agree with you about starting out. I'm like your SO and thoughts and desires would magically disappear like they appeared, was I ever wrong, awhile back I got rid of all body hair and got breast implants and love new me. More outgoing and friendly,but implants is as far any transioning will go, but living full time is still an possiability.

I feel fine as I am. I feel feminine and complete

thanks for all your replies, you have reassured me !!
    Last edited by Eryn; 04-07-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

A month ago I would have either bristled with indignity or hid away quietly if I was identified as a "Crossdresser." But, then I read the posts on the thread on the first time you put on an artlcle of women's clothing. About half the posts sounded like I could have written them. I say it now -- I am a crossdresser -- I like to wear women's clothing. (I don't plan to wear it on a T-Shirt or anything, but that's my situation/burden).

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Labels mean nothing remember that.

Yes, you are. I am also a crossdresser. Hugs!

Banned Read only
    By what you described, I used to think not. But of late over the past couple of years, I have learned that you can put on panties and that be all that a man does, then he is then a cross dresser. It's like there are no degrees on that. And it doesn't matter when you started, for when the first time you adorned anything most commonly worn by women, then you become a cross dresser. So you ask are you a true cross dresser, yes you are.

Who the hell cares??!! I mean, if you enjoy what you are doing, and you are not hurting anybody, by all means keep doing it. You are you are you are you. Isn't that enough in and of itself??!

Banned Read only
    I'm with you Anne, who the hell cares?

Anne and Tara, I've got to say that when you were new in this forum with only 4 posts, and if you were just starting out like the OP and trying to define who you were and how it fit into your life, and possibly where it was going ....

... how would you have reacted if people here had told you, "Who the hell cares?"

It's just not a very welcoming statement.

So to translate for the OP, I can tell you that they meant there is a very wide spectrum of people here, who all have their own definitions of who they are. For example, people who call themselves crossdressers might either dress just like you, or dress full on as women and go out 3 times per week, or 5 times per week, or be retired and want to live full time as women but without altering their bodies in any way.

Likewise, there are people here who did call themselves crossdressers because they hadn't yet realized they were transsexual.

There are also others here who call themselves crossdressers but who feel internally as if they are outside the gender binary. They feel they are a mixture of both genders.

The "Who the hell cares", really means that it is difficult to get specific answers when it comes to using just one word to describe yourself.
    Reine

That's the beauty of it.You are if you say you are.I used to wonder that too because I'm strictly closet and don't go past my own yard dressed(yet),but since joining the forum I find alot of the girls are in the same boat as me.Personally,I feel naked without my wig and forms,but that's just me.It's different for everyone.Don't worry about it,just enjoy.Welcome to the family.Barbara

Oooh. A t-shirt would be cool. As long as it had a cut tha t emphasized my bust...

You. I like you.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-06-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

Hi,

If you look around you say down the street or shoping well here any ways ( down under ) many of our women dont wear makeup & i know many of them. & some dont have hair because of cemo so wear a hat or scarve .i know a few,

Myself i dont have any hair so wear my scarves or warp around like a turbin, or sunhat or some others i have , as for makeup. if you count lippy & eyebrow liner thats it, & im a very public person so im seen every day. & accepted for who i am.
    so you know im just a woman. so when you get known people will accept you for who you are, .

...noeleena...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara58 View Post
    That's the beauty of it.You are if you say you are.I used to wonder that too because I'm strictly closet and don't go past my own yard dressed(yet),but since joining the forum I find alot of the girls are in the same boat as me.Personally,I feel naked without my wig and forms,but that's just me.It's different for everyone.Don't worry about it,just enjoy.Welcome to the family.Barbara
    True so trueI am a underdresser have ben since age 7 no forms make up wigs for me my head is shaved yet I have the desire towear panties and a bra everyday and often fantizes about wearing heels but heels or just a dream so to each there own just be you

I think you're who and what you need to be at any given particualar time? If that simply means nothing more than painting your little pinky toe on your left foot hot pink? Then that's who and what you are at that particular moment? GG's do this all of the time.

I spoke to a GG who obviously had her nails done, and noticed that one was painted totally different than the other nine? I asked about it, and she simply told me that at the time?

She simply said "Felt" like it.

A few years back? It wasn't un-common to see young teen age girls wearing boys/men's boxers as "outerwear"? Were you to aske them why? They would simply tell you because "I felt like it!"

That is one of the aspects of "feminity" that I've simply not seen here on Crossdressers. com

When one thinks of women, feminine, being feminine, feminity ~ one thinks of nurturing, caring, giving, sharing, etc ~ but a serious major aspect of being feminine is being expressive?

Why does a otherwise "normal" heterosexual male want to dress in women's clothes?

Simply becauce they want to be expressive, experinece feminity and most of all?

Because

They felt like it!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I guess if you cross the gender lines by wearing female cloths I guess its called crossdressing. If it was up to me there would be no term such as "crossdresser". I am just dressed, whether it be boy jeans and a sweatshirt or a skirt and blouse. They are my cloth and I am dressed. What dont I understand? A female can go to the farm and barn store and buy Carhartt jeans and a flannel shirt and wear them out, is she a crossdresser?
    I guess what I am saying is, are any of us true crossdressers? I dont think there is any set level that say "Ok you made it, you are OFFICIALLY a crossdresser". Do what makes you happy and to the level you are comfortable. If it progresses and you want to wear make up and wigs then you will know. Have fun and be yourself.
    Last edited by Erica Marie; 04-06-2013 at 06:12 AM.
    Erica

I would have to say YES!