Thread: Girls dressing as boys, Boys dressing as girls, Why?

Girls dressing as boys, Boys dressing as girls, Why?

Why do some girls dress as boys and some boys dress as girls?

As that group from England, James sings in one of their songs, Dress me up in womens clothes and change gender roles.

emmi

interchangable parts

As a male to female CDer, I often wish that god had made us with interchangable parts, I often read in these columns where GGs are wishing they had male bits and guys are wishing for female bits. Would'nt it be nice to be able to say "I feel like being a girl/guy to day" and go to a friends house and swap the appropriate pieces, we could all dress and be the way we would like, when we like.
    I know that I am in fantasy-land but it is almost Xmas and we can always dream. Please Santa please please please ive been a good girl/guy.
    This proberbly has'nt answered your query but it may put a different slant on it. All the best and a merry Xmas to you. Davina
    [SIZE="4"]Australia S/E Qld. That's not a caterpillar on my lip, just my last bit of [SIZE="1"]macho-ism.[SIZE="4"]When that goes [SIZE="6"]LA FEMME IS FREE>[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Smile Girls dressing as boys, Boys dressing as girls, Why?

I believe the reasoning behind this is the inner feeling we have. I know that I have always been wanting to be a girl ever since I can remember. Some people grow out of this feeling, but others like ourselves keep dreaming that we could be of the opposite gender. I love the feeling of being femmine and dress most of the day en-femme. As you stated some girls want to be boys and some boys just want to be girls, so we dress accordingly.

Aspiring Member

Yes Oh Yes!.

Because it is there and like you say some boys just want to go there permanatly. This boy sure does want to go there To be a girl is somethin I have also wanted for the very longest of times. Yeah we really need to find a real way to do just that be able to change any time we really do wish to. But then once there would you ever really go back this boy would not. I just want to be female so very bad that one can just tatse it most of the time. OH well Suzy!.

A Woman at Heart! Rikki Elisabeth's Avatar

Someone's Gene Had More Influence....

Gender dysphoria, the feel of soft, silky fabrics, that moment of being someone else in your mind. The feeling of wanting to do what the other sex does but some people will not let you: Boys - "big boys don't cry;" Girls - "don't play football because it isn't ladylike."

I would bet some of you have hard your parents say similar things. Rebellion?

Rikki Elisabeth

Kudos To Lex !

Welcome to the club! This is the world that has to have it's finger on definitions to describe any difference in the status quo. Then it proceeds to coax down our numb throats their version of gender stereotype. But that world is ebbing away. And relatively quietly too. And some of the one's who oppose our self-expression are doing the very thing in their closets. And now must feel ashamed. But all that they should do is to accept you and me. And in the process themselves as well. Then comes the healing. Love to you, Lex. And you will find your freedom.
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

But the views aren't changing fast enough.....

I agree that I have seen much more acceptance but it still depends upon whether you are in a metropolitan area or a small town. Fortunately, I go to large cities frequently. Unfortunately, people [until they have actually sat down and spoken with you] conjure up ideas of "flamers".

None the less, we know who we are. It is a shame that many people will never get to know us.
    Rikki Elisabeth

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I suppose I'm lucky as my parents haven't ever told me to do or not to do anything. They pretty much decided to let me be myself. The only thing I was required to do was wear a dress/skirt to church and school (grades 3-6 when I was in private school).
    They let me join a basketball team when I was 8, play softball when I was 11... I got into rollerblading, BMX biking, and hockey, and they were cool with that; I had a fascination with cars and motorbikes. My dad's not the typical "guy"-- he's not proficient in mechanics, he has no power tools... When I was a kid he'd have no problem with throwing on one of my mum's nightgowns or housedresses if he needed something to wear around the house. And he's not feminine at all... He loves watching football, he's a soccer player and loves Texas hold 'em...
    And my mum's not a real girly girl either. She prefers mens jeans and tells dirty jokes and stuff... So my family are really cool about pretty much anything me or my brother want to do... My brother's got long hair (he's a rocker) and at one point had me put eyeliner on him (he looks good in it)...
    I suppose I've just got a really liberal and accepting family. When I was a kid there was never any discussion about what was right or wrong with regard to sexuality or anything, so we were kind of open about anything and I think if my brother had turned out gay or if I was lesbian or whatever, it would have been fine, and they wouldn't have had a bother about it. We wouldn't have needed to even come out-- if my brother had come home with a boyfriend my parents probably would have taken it in stride.
    So, yeah, I'm definitely lucky in that way.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillis
    I believe the reasoning behind this is the inner feeling we have. I know that I have always been wanting to be a girl ever since I can remember. Some people grow out of this feeling, but others like ourselves keep dreaming that we could be of the opposite gender. I love the feeling of being femmine and dress most of the day en-femme. As you stated some girls want to be boys and some boys just want to be girls, so we dress accordingly.
    I'm not sure I'd ever wish to be a female, but I would like to knowwhat it feels like to be a girl. Everyone has an inner awareness of their body, and I would think that that "inner feeling" is quite different for females.

I enjoy being able to be a "genetic chameleon" of sorts. I have grown up as a male, but have never felt "masculine". I never liked cars, watching sports, or other things that most guys drooled over, and always liked silks, velvets, and cute items.

I have been blessed now by having a fiance who loves me for who I am, and thinks I'm beautiful whether I'm dressed as a guy or a girl (the benefit of having a bisexual fiance).

The reason I do it though, is mainly to open myself up to my feminine side. Open up to my emotions, my feeilngs, and the softer side of personality.

~Minx~
    I dreamt all my future, relived my past and witnessed the beauty of the beast.

Why???????

I was going to start a thread on this very subject. To me it the most fasinating of questions, I have always been the one who wants to understand why things are what they are. As a male to female cd'er I know how it makes me feel to look ,act, dress, speak, or have anything to do with being feminine from the actual act of dressing up, putting on make up, nail polish etc. even just to talk about skirts, dresses, high heels, lingerie, mascara, eye shadow ,lipstick or blush , and that is it makes me feel fabulous. I love this forum and it seems we all love to chat about it. Which leads us back to WHY? Is it a chemical thing? Are we born with what ever it is? Is it our X or Y chromosomes gone haywire as we developed in the womb? Why do some boys want to wear dresses and some would rather die than to put on a dress. I thought maybe it was a sexual thing at first which could be true but as with most of us being so young when we may have first slipped our foot into our Mom's or Sisters high heels, I think we were to young to have it be sexual but we only knew then that it made us feel soooo good. I could probably go on even further but I know long answers get boring. Love to hear some more of your thoughts from both sides being GG's and GB's (boys)

Why? Echo the Minx!

There was an old "wive's" tale [notice they used wives] that when the world is at peace more girl babies are born. When the world is at war or about to be at war, more boy babies are born [to replenish the lost males.] Despite what is occurring in other parts of the world and how many people may be killed, in comparison to history, this is nothing. So...I often question whether we were caught on the fence...boy or girl. Take a look around....you see more and more business focused at women. You see women taking the lead. Does that mean that we are the forerunners of tomorrow?

Whoa! Way too deep!

Hugs....
    Rikki Elisabeth

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I've got all the scientific theory as to why in my sticky thread "Exploring Transgenderism" if any of you would care to take a gander...
    As for me... I do definitely feel like I should be a boy but I also lovethe glam rock stuff. I wanna be David Bowie, I guess.
    And as for makeup, I do wear it sometimes, but more in the rocker- type way (eyeliner, pretty much). I almost always wear makeup if I'm going to be onstage (which is weekly, these days), and sometimes I'll get the urge to wear it, if just for a coverup (foundation or whatever you call it, plus a smidge of eyeliner and perhaps some mascara, even though I don't really need it as I've got jet black lashes).
    I like to experiment with different colours and do makeup in odd ways, although I never leave the house like that... But I've seen people do amazing things with makeup, such as this guy:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    Why do some girls dress as boys and some boys dress as girls?

As that group from England, James sings in one of their songs, Dress me up in womens clothes and change gender roles.

emmi
    Why Not?
    Fiona
    xx
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Hang in there, Lex, things will get better -- just make good choices and your parents can't fault them. How you live is up to you! Once you move out of the house on your own, it's not their call -- although they will still worry about you.
    Of course, I never had a father around to deal with, just an incredibly supportive mother who basically let me be her daughter through my teen years. My little family (just my mom and I) was more like Abraxas' environment where my mom didn't care how I dressed, as long as I acted appropriate to what I was wearing.
    I grew up with mostly typical boy interests, but I also liked girl stuff, so I guess I was on the fence, too. I would have been at home in either toy aisle.
    But from the first time I slipped into mom's clothes and high heels as a kid, I knew everything felt right, and even more so when my mother started getting me my own girls clothes when I was like 13. And I loved wearing makeup and the long hair and the nice clothes and everything -- with makeup and a change of clothes, I wasn't just boring old me anymore, I was me-plus! I stayed in the closet for a few years, but by the time I was about 16, I didn't really care what people thought of me and I was out and about as Karen, teenage girl, ready to see what life had for her. At the same time, I maintained my boy interests, so I guess I'm a pretty well-rounded person who has seen both sides of gender from a supportive environment (thank God!). I don't know what I would have done without my mother!

Karen
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

Hi Lex

I know it feels like men can be anything, but that isn't true. Society, if it exists, wants men to be men, and women to be women. It doesn't seem to understand that there'd be any need to be anything else, probably because we are a minority and even then it wasn't talked about.
    You were told to be ladylike, I was told to be a man, and girly males tend to be scorned as sissies or similar.

Life isn't fair, is it?

Take care
    Maria
    xxx

Life is what you decide to make it....

Fair is relative. Life is what you decide to make it. You just have to be willing to accept the responsibilities and be accountable.
    If your decision is not right, based upon the new data, make another decision.

Life is NEVER fair...in the eyes of those who think it is not.
    Rikki Elisabeth

I can and do accept the responsibility for what I do. I am accountable for my actions. But I am also subject to other people's actions and judgments, based upon the world view through their eyes. Life is not always what you make it, sometimes it is what other people make it. If that was not the case, people would not be raped, beaten, stolen from, murdered and worse. Sometimes these things happen for no reason, sometimes they do have one. Being transgendered can be enough to incite someone to hurt you, and that is not fair. Nor is it what you decided to make of life, unless you feel that a decision to cross-dress means being accountable in the event of you being beaten; that it was your responsibility.

Ultimately, bad things happen to good people, and though that IS life, it is NOT fair.

Take care
    Maria

So be it.....

You learn that when you are a lady that you have to be more careful of your surroundings. I have chosen. If things are awkward, we have to deal them. But talking about life being fair or unfair is irrelevant. It is what it is. Only we can make it better.

Rikki
    Rikki Elisabeth

Eileen1969

Wink why ask why?

Its simple~ people like to wear clothes MAN or WOMAN any other fantastic questions? HUH!
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I've been told my whole life not to do things because they aren't ladylike.

And I'm sick of having my dad tell me what to do. Especially seeing as he seems to want to model me into 'daddy's little girl'. ... he bullied me into getting high heels, I've been grounded for not wearing feminine clothes.
    Oh Lex some of this really hit home and hard. I grew up in the 50's and 60's when tolerance was even less than today. I had the **** beat out of me because I naturally walked like a girl. I had it again because I preferred playing with the girls. I suffered unbelievable humiliation (psychological abuse) at age 5 because I loved female clothing and had female mannerisms and thought processes. I had to learn to be male or continue the suffering. The trouble was the suffering then became internal and I am paying one hell of a price for it today.

I admire yours and the other F2M's for the courage you have, just as I admire the M2F's who have come out and live their lives female whether they transition or not. Stand up and be counted because you deserve it.

Me? I'm just so confused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

girls, boys

I agree with you, Lex. I wear women's clothes because I want to. I want express the feminine side of me just as you want to express who you are. There is more gender expression than first believed and the world is just catching on. You will be able to totally express yourself, Lex. My day is coming too. Just be yourself and don't change for any one. .

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Newly crafted MTF Crossdresser. :cheeky:

Looking past the genetic issue... the one thing that I found myself doing is admiring the opposite sex over time despite how taboo it was. Especially things like the general sex appeal, the fashion aspect and clothes selection, the process of make-up and hair, the female etiquette, female mannerisms, female thinking ect. As an artist, I've often put myself into the female perspective to gain insight but slowly wished I could explore and experience it myself for real.

This is where Shannon was born.

Now, accepting, opening up to and allowing myself to indulge in the fem side has been quite a mind blowing experience! Even a slight turn-on. It's also a lot of work!!! The thing that most makes me explore crossdressing is the art aspect of it. Though it does run deeper. Over time Shannon has developed a personality while I dipped into the girly perspective. Shannon now wants to grow some and express herself. Not sure if I'll let her get much of a voice... but feeling the opposite gender from the inside makes me feel much more wholesome.

Shannon S.
    Last edited by Shannon S.; 02-22-2006 at 12:27 AM.
    Enjoying the art of femininity!