Thread: Where the heck is spring???

Where the heck is spring???

In my little part of the world, Spring may be here according to the calendar but you sure couldn't tell it by looking out the window Still snow on the ground and more forecast for the weekend.

Kind of puts a damper on even buying a new spring/summer wardrobe.

At this rate it will be July before a girl can go cruse the city in her convertible.

Phooey.

Denise

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Where do u live, Denise? Alaska?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If I had to take a guess you are in Upper MI or Northern WI. Where I am the snow banks are finally going down. High school baseball is already two weeks behind because they still cant find home plate. And yes over the weekend they are calling for rain/snow mix. Ick... Bring on spring and warmer weather. Have a goal to get out in a cute dress and Im not a cold weather person.
    Erica

Here in northern Illinois, it is finally getting up about 52. Still a few patches of snow, in shady places. The fish are spawning late, and the poor robins came noth way too soon, and can't find worms in the frozen ground! Global warming? NOT! I agree with the guy who says we are entering a small ice age! Crossdressing as an Eskimp lady, in big parka?

Well I have to say, spring WAS very nice here in Phoenix. Both days. Sitting here on the back patio at 8 pm and its 76 deg. Calling for 85-90 tomorrow. Got to break out the tennis skirts, rackets and sunscreen.

Banned Read only
    I think it got stuck trying to get past Memphis...

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Here in northern Illinois, it is finally getting up about 52. Still a few patches of snow, in shady places. The fish are spawning late, and the poor robins came noth way too soon, and can't find worms in the frozen ground! Global warming? NOT! I agree with the guy who says we are entering a small ice age! Crossdressing as an Eskimp lady, in big parka?
    Don't confuse short periods of weather with the overall climate. And while this year the cold seems to be dragging on forever, last year in February we had temps in the 70's (20+C). There doesn't seem to be a happy medium. <sigh>

^ Right. The erratic weather patterns, worldwide, are extremely worrisome. They're also affecting crops.
    Reine

Sounds like Wisconsin.I spent my first 50 years there and every year about this time I used to ask myself that same question.Alot of things I miss about Wisconsin,but that's not one of them.I won't even tell you what it's like here in Austin.Barbara

I'm wondering the same thing here in North Texas myself. We're finally starting to get the spring weather that we were supposed to be getting weeks ago.

"Global Warming" is a misnomer. It's actually "Climate Change" and is characterized by extreme weather patterns.

I have to say that the rain we are getting here lately is nice. Hopefully we can get out of stage one water conservation restrictions this year.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Aspiring Member
    Spring finally arrived here this week felt good to pull out the bike and go for a long ride

Platinum Member
    Hi Denise, It will be here soon enough then Summer and you will be wishing for some cool weather.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think somebody just turned the switch here today, a very pleasant 20C (68F) at the moment.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    This sounds like the great white north of Canada. In Alberta, where I live we had snow off and on all day yesterday, and some more over night last night. The forcast for tomorrow doesn't sound much better. The only two months that I personally have never seen snow fall here is June and July, freak things happen. I have heard about snow falling in other areas of the province during those months though. Put your big girl panties on... you have to be tough to live up here...LOL
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 04-06-2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: missed a word
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Indeed the weather sucks here in New England as well.

Not even close to that far north Doc. Alberta Canada

Denise

Living in the Great White North, we seldom get to 30 C and then usually only for a day or two.
    Denise

Wow, that is too bad for sure, we been lucky and have had a open winter this year, this week had a few day in the 70's, so i got some sunbathing time in , got to get the tan before summer to look good in the bikini's hope it warms up soon for you, by the way i heard snow in the report for a couple of days from now, i could do without but it still only april, hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I have my "fur lined"big girl panties on Gillian and I'm still freezing half the time. It just seems like this winter has lasted forever this year. How are things with you by the way, and yes, we know each other.

Denise

They keep telling me it is around the corner.
    When I looked someone threw a snowball at me.
    So I don't know anymore either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.