Thread: I didn't know I was, but I guess I am.

I didn't know I was, but I guess I am.

I have a LOT of GG friends. They're my support group, therapists, and moral support. However, they candidly share everything with me. While I cherish being included as 'one of the girls', I've never heard women talk with each other about the things they confide in me. These ladies confide, and even ask advice about- flacid husbands, hot flashes, sore boobs, vericose veins, their fantasies, fashion, infidelity, cosmetic surgery, jeolousy, and emotions. Also, when I mentioned my upcoming BA, one women I know took my hand, put it on her boob, and said 'check out mine', and another offered to show me hers. I've been to a lingerie party with them, and invited on ski weekends.
    I asked my wife about this. She said 'You're their gay friend'. Huh! They all know I'm not gay, so, explain please. It seems a lot of women have a gay friend to whom they can confide ANYTHING, even more than their other GG friends. Apperantly the gay friend is not a threat, and less judgemental than other GGs.
    Any of you girls somebody's gay friend? Have you heard of it? Do you feel comfortable when a woman bares her soul to you? My friends all know (obviously) what's under my skirt, so why would they want to discuss menopause with me? I found it a bit embarassing at times, flattering at others.
    How about a new term for 'gay friend' like 'bias neutral, confidante'?-Celeste

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have had that happen a few times and I say its a little too much info for me.
    Like you I had one ask me a boob related Q,she asked does one of my boobs look bigger than the other.I said hell honey how would I know so she showed them to me in a ladies room.Yes one was a tad bigger LOL.
    I have had them want to touch my boobs on a good cleavage day.I said sure go ahead.She asked are those yours or breast forms?
    She poked on one and told me that was neat I have never touched a guys boobs.

Not so much "gay" as safe. As in "not a threat." Not girlie enough to compete, and not manly enough to seduce which for some I guess would be "gay" but in your case is TS. Although "Gay friend" might not be technically accurate, it does work. So keep working it, seems you're doing great.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    Not so much "gay" as safe. As in "not a threat." Not girlie enough to compete, and not manly enough to seduce which for some I guess would be "gay" but in your case is TS. Although "Gay friend" might not be technically accurate, it does work. So keep working it, seems you're doing great.
    That is my take on it too. They just feel comfortable and safe with you and include you in their conversation. Another thing is that you may be their unofficial token safe male/TG and they like that you are theirs to be friend with, even though it is a bit shallow for true friendship. I just go with the flow and enjoy the moment, which by the way is very enjoyable. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. It could be different and worse, like they might not want to have anything to do with you.

I have been accepted as one of the girls among many GG's since I came out many years ago. Just go with the flow when the moments occur. I really enjoy being just one of the girls among GG's, they are comfortable with us. I have come to understand women alot better since I have been included in there many one of the girls moments, and have gained many close friendships with GG's because of it. There is nothing to be embarassed about, and enjoy those moments, and be one of the girls. I have had many encounters with women showing me their breasts and or putting my hands on them. It just comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have had them want to touch my boobs on a good cleavage day.I said sure go ahead.She asked are those yours or breast forms?
    She poked on one and told me that was neat I have never touched a guys boobs.
    I seem to get this a lot too lol
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Platinum Member
    Hi Celeste, That's very interesting I guess they just accept you as a real friend.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Xdressed and Tracii- They ALL want to, at least once, touch my boobs. Got used to that years ago.

My GG friends confide in me a lot but maybe because I'm a good listener and am empathetic. Isn't that exactly what a woman is though? This just goes to show that no one(including genetic females) is really born a woman but becomes one. How we apply the womanly abilities is the real "qualifier" I think.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I do have women even in male mode confide in me in a way that makes me feel apprehensive sometimes.
    It is nice that they do confide in me though.
    I would never betray their trust.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

"Gay friend" is a good analogy. Most women intuitively sense that I'm no threat to come on to them and accordingly they can't think of me "that way." Before I retired, my female co-workers made me an honorary "one of the girls." It had nothing to do with CDing though. They didn't know but..... One time a co-worker confided to me that her boyfriend was stealing and wearing her panties. I said something like, "That awful, he should get his own!" She said, "Like you, right?" I just winked. Keep em guessing! I'd love to have a dollar for every time I've heard..."Stevie...don't take this the wrong way... but..... are you.....you know.....um...........gay??

I had a friend a while ago that didn't know about my crossdressing but we would go shopping grab lunch, B***h to each other. It was a lot of fun.

Silver Member
    Years ago I knew a decorator who played gay. Women loved him and their husbands weren't jealous because he was gay. Little did the husbands know their wives were enjoying more than his advice and they were paying.

I shop with several different women, talk about lingerie and some personal things but not to the depth as some here. When I was younger girls confided in me more and treated me sometimes as one.

Banned Read only
    let them know WERE STRAIGHT for those of us who are, but womwn just tend to want the men that lie cheet n steel and go for men only because they can give women the world, so i ride it n just let women think im gay, whater if they know of my Cding or not. Once women just assume we are gay, even in guy mode, once they confide, and then we tell them were straight or just simply askem out on a date WERE CREEPS ALL OF A SUDDEN. when im not Cding i just go on hooK up sights evrey few month or so LOL The dating sceen is almost IMPOSSIBLE and I dont put the time n effort for the GAMES manuplitating and mind playing. this is the true realiaty if we havent locked down a SO in high school. women that get a divorse SWEAR off dating long term THATS THE TRUTH!