Thread: a question about being a full time cd

a question about being a full time cd

has anyone ever live full time as a crossdresser without ever taking hormones and transitioned and what was it like

If I didn't have a career, I think I'd dress pretty much all the time.

I have no problem being out & about, but sometimes it's work. I worry primarily about body hair issues, as I seem to be spending copious amounts for permanent hair removal. Shaving just gives me red bumps, ingrowns, and rash.

I don't think I'll be doing hormones at this time, as far as I know......but hey, things could change.

i understand i may want to go that route like i would do laser hair removal on the body and face. Also i would probably transfer some of the fat from my belly to my butt and hips since i am very skinny. But i would not be doing hormones at all

Yes you can live full time as a CD for as long as you want

I assume you would plan on having surgery as part of the transition process.

I have never ever heard of anyone who transitioned without taking hormones.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

maybe idk yet i prob would have butt implants to make my butt look bigger or the fact that when i at home i could use padding as to acheive feminine figure. Also i would like to maybe go out places en femme

Back in 1995-97 I was more or less full time. Arched brows, long hair and nails 24/7. I wore the required conpany uniform to work for a job that required heavy lifting and sweating, so no make up.

Try buying clothes that flatter your natural figure and you may not need the hip and butt padding. There are also exercise programs that will develop butt and hip muscles.

As for going out, put on your big girl panties and head out the door. As with most of us, fear is the only thing keeping the door from opening.

i am heading into full time cd.. as i wear only panties and ladies jeans in boy mode.looking for gilr tops for the summer... long hair and nails.. arched eyebrows.. body shaved smooth.. including arms.. my hair is cut in a girl style.. i wear bangs and a high ponytail like a girl in boy mode.. no makeup.. well sometimes i wear a little if going out shopping.. no forms... unless i am going somewhere as my girl self then it i all out makeup, forms ..etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    i am heading into full time cd.. as i wear only panties and ladies jeans in boy mode.looking for gilr tops for the summer... long hair and nails.. arched eyebrows.. body shaved smooth.. including arms.. my hair is cut in a girl style.. i wear bangs and a high ponytail like a girl in boy mode.. no makeup.. well sometimes i wear a little if going out shopping.. no forms... unless i am going somewhere as my girl self then it i all out makeup, forms ..etc..
    Nice and you are not taking hormones i bet

Like Nathalie, I am dressed any time I am not at work, primarily because of what type of work I do. Being a body guard, security officer and investigator, I don't think people would trust me or listen to me if I was en femme, as I have a deeper voice. I know some GGs have a deeper tone, but mine would be "un-natural". I would like to somehow start hormone therapy, but it is a major decision to make given my current situation. I am out to everyone and am starting to go out (baby steps) and my room mates and parents are very supportive of me. If you have a care-free support group, you should be alright.

I've been full time for fifteen months now. At first I said no surgery, but I'm getting breasts in September. I'm hashing around how far this will go. You know, it's just not over till it's over.
    The greatest thing, imo, is that just being a woman has become my new normal, I never say to myself 'now I'm going to be a girl', or vice versa. I wake up in my nightgown, drink coffee, shower, makeup, and decide on my day, and therefore, wardrobe. It's been the most liberating time of my life, and my friends and family tell me it's obvious that I've found my groove.
    Things that worked in my favor- I'm retired, tho' I worked en femme for the last few years (musician). I moved just before going full time,
    so people in my adopted town have never known me as male. People see me with my wife almost all the time. For some reason, that makes it 'more okay'.
    There's a lot of things to consider, most have been covered well in these pages. If your out and about regularly, your career is not in jeopardy, and your family is in the loop, then go for it. The easy part is, next time you're all dolled up...don't change back.-Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by Asp View Post
    Like Nathalie, I am dressed any time I am not at work, primarily because of what type of work I do. Being a body guard, security officer and investigator, I don't think people would trust me or listen to me if I was en femme, as I have a deeper voice. I know some GGs have a deeper tone, but mine would be "un-natural". I would like to somehow start hormone therapy, but it is a major decision to make given my current situation. I am out to everyone and am starting to go out (baby steps) and my room mates and parents are very supportive of me. If you have a care-free support group, you should be alright.
    you are right about that nathalie i only have a little support group my family friends and everyone else doesnt know i am a crossdresser

You ask good questions.

I am considered by some to be a full time CD, and by others a transexual. I don't really care, because I'm me.

I wear women's clothes at all times except when around certain family members who cannot see me as female. That happens infrequently, at most a few hours a week.

I shave all over where I can reach. I cannot afford laser, so don't do it. I was recently diagnosed as having dangerously low Testosterone, so am on that (go figure) and it has made a world of difference with my energy and stamina levels. (My doctor explained that with low T, the body generates more Adrenal to make up for it, which then in turn affects my heart, and I already have PAT when under stress.) I do progesterone creams, and that's not only to get a bit of breast growth, but I have a serious issue with burning hands, caused by a certain form of testosterone, and it got worse on the meds, so the progesterone stops that burning feeling and peeling.

I do soy products to boost my estrogen as well, and that showed up at a good level on my latest labs a couple of weeks ago. It also helps stop the burning hand issue and contributes to breast growth. I love the calming effect that the moderate amounts of natural estrogen (aka phytoestrogens) have on me. Taking it internally in such a way has been said to affect the liver adversely, but my doctor says it's fine for me as my labs show it.

All this without losing libido or functionality.

So, as you can see I am in a gray area and don't fit cleanly in either box. More power to you for being full time CD. I love it and think it's the best!

Ann
    Last edited by Ann Thomas; 04-07-2013 at 02:20 AM.

I'm "not quite full-time" as my spouse wants "her man" around at times, but I leave the house more often en femme than in drab.

I am an active woman, a member of several women's social groups as well as of a couple of religious congregations, one of which is a women-centered congrgation. I exercise at a women's gym and socialize as a woman. While there are people from my past who know my history, there are a great many people who do not know me as other than a woman.

Steps 1 through 5 (or 6 or 10) are to be able to "pass" in stealth if that is your desire. It can be done, even by relatively tall gals, but it takes commitment, practice, and confidence along with lots of technique - from learning to walk and move to selecting appropriate clothes, to learning to apply makeup and style your hair.

Here on the forum we spend most of our time posting about those items as if they are the important parts of successful transition.

But they are the least of it. For someone who was raised and socialized as a male it can be a complex and daunting task to migrate into girlworld. Everything is different, the language, the culture, the customs, the practices.

My favorite simple example is a team moving a table from one room to another. As a guy you know the body language and instructions men use to communicate which way to lift and turn the table. Those words and gestures are not universal and are subtly different among a team of women doing the same task. It takes a while to get it.

Your facial expressions, your vocabulary, your manner of speaking, eye contact, the way you have to listen to others and what you say in response all have to change, as does your awareness of subtext. In the male world, except for lies, most conversation is straightforward, even fights are straightforward, but in women's world there can be a whole lot of "what did she mean by that?"

Yes, I may be overstating some of the cultural differences that exist across the great divide, but I can assure you that for someone first crossing that gap the differences will appear to be even wider than I have described.

I had to laugh today over something that happened. I have a bit of a cold or virus or something, a gift from a relative who visited us for a couple of days after a month of cruising around South America. So I have to keep cough drops handy. When in "guy mode" I still take my purse but generally just throw it on the floor of the back seat and leave it there. After a few hours I had to get out of my car and go to my purse to get a cough drop and it was only after I got back in the car that I thought, "Uh, I have pockets! Why can't I just put a couple of cough drops in my pocket?"

Maybe that sums it up best.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

You dont need to do hormones to live full time as a woman, I dont want to take hormones when I go full time as a woman, I dont want the surgery either, I just want to live full time as a woman, I will do laser hair removal, and or electrolyses to get rid of body and facial hair, I however would like to get breast implants, and get a more feminine nose.

I don't think much of it, only when I have to get dressed to go to work as a male.
    Sometimes I am a bit slow changing, but when I come home five minutes and I am done.
    I must have the cleanest shaven face of anyone I know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If I could live in a city where I don't know anyone, and if I was single and worked from home, I'd LOVE to try it, at least for a few months. Sadly, I don't meet any of those three conditions...

Platinum Member
    Like so many others that responded, I live a large percentage, maybe 70-80% of my time, en femme. I haven't considered HRT nor permanent body modifications this far. But as Natalie says, things could change. I'm surprised by how far I've come in the past three years.

I'm another one that's in guy mode for work or certain family functions. The rest of the time, I'm all girl. I would like to transition, but can't; financially unable, and now three cardiologists are opposed to the idea. I use soy products and take soy isoflavones. Good luck in your endeavour.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.