Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: approaching another Crossdresser

Thumbs up approaching another Crossdresser

On Monday 4/8/2013 while I was doing my shopping in the Salem NH Walmart clearance aisle, I could not help but notice acute looking CDer. Now by checking her hands and viewing her black flats that she was wearing and double checking her hair and minumun amount of make-up(just enough to get by and not overwhelming) I wanted to say hi and comment first on her shoes as a ice breaker to start talking and hopefully share our likes for cding.
    As it was I didn't and she disappeared off into the sunset...never to be seen again in the store as I looked for her to assure myself that she was a he!.
    Would of I been wrong to approach her and start a conversation? or any tips on Breaking the Ice" with other CDers? '
    Thanks in advance
    Mykchelle

Banned Read only
    This will get you a few views/opinions.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ou-do-if-I-did

Silver Member
    How do you know she was really a crossdresser? What is she was transsexual, think she would want to talk about CDing with you?

Sounds kinda cold but if someone wants to start a conversation with me then fine, but if some CD comes up to me and start's talking about CD ing believe me I'm not going to be very friendly about it.

I think it is something you need to be cautious about doing.

I almost did this the other day at a book store!! actually, I think I posted it somewhere, but I saw this guy with a beard and makeup..oh yeah, just remembered where I posted this....hmm....anyway, the point is I felt compelled to talk to him, just to have a local friend. Didn't care what level he was on just needed a friend, so I searched the bookstore and never found him.....I'm kinda glad in a way because I probably would've offended him with my awkwardness...

I agree with Arbon. I wouldn't want to be approached either while I'm going about my business. It should be an unwritten rule.

If you need to interact with other TG girls look for a social group instead.

Thanks Lynn exactly my same view of making friends!

Are you actively seeking other cross dressers why assume a person is CDer. My thought is compliment her on something, clothing, hair etc and make light casual every day chat if she opens up to you fine, if not fine you still her feel good. Do you want people know you crossdress, or just want to be just another girl?

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I agree with Arbon. I wouldn't want to be approached either while I'm going about my business. It should be an unwritten rule.

Here, Here... Agreed. Leave her alone, always

Banned Read only
    If this were any other person whom you thought was not a cross dresser, would you strike up a conversation? Also, how would you feel if someone came up to you BECAUSE they noticed you were a guy in a dress? If you talk to anyone and everyone as a normal course of your day, then go ahead and converse.

I do not think an approach other than a passing remark or smile is polite.
    It puts both of you in an invidious situation with a possible unpleasant outcome.
    If the passing remark is taken further engage in other meaningful conversation for a while.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    there are NO groups in my red-neck town....we are few and FAAAAAR between...Which was my main motivation for chasing after "someone like me" it stinks here and I'm sure he felt the same way

If we all wore secret pink decoder rings that flashed when we neared eachother it would make meetings a lot easier!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

After all the effort to blend in it would seem like I've been outed to have someone approach me and want to discuss the subject if I didn't already know them. I would not appreciate the attention from that person or that which it might bring from others around me. If anything just smile and hope you get a knowing smile in return.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnmorgan451 View Post
    there are NO groups in my red-neck town....we are few and FAAAAAR between...Which was my main motivation for chasing after "someone like me" it stinks here and I'm sure he felt the same way
    Lynn, perhaps a road trip is in order then, if you can? As how he felt... no way of knowing for sure. I know I'm just fine on my own. These threads come up a lot.

That's what I'm talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    If we all wore secret pink decoder rings that flashed when we neared eachother it would make meetings a lot easier!

how about if we wear two different types/color of footwear? Problem solved!~

Instead of asking them directly, why not approach the same product/s they're looking at and share a comment about it with them? That way they can decide how to handle your approach with zero embarrassment likely.

Hi. My thoughts are, that while I am comfortable talking to and sharing stories with people here, because we all have a common bond of sorts, this is not necessarily the reality outside of these forums. If I were en femme and out somewhere like a store, I wouldn't want anyone drawing attention to my crossdressing, be it a male, GG, or another CD. The point is for me to blend in and not have attention drawn, but as normal of an interaction with the world as possible. So I can imagine others might feel the same way.

That's not to say, that I wouldn't appreciate an indirect compliment on my attire or something like that if the situation naturally permitted it, just nothing direct that has to do with my crossdressing. Like others have mentioned in other threads, people don't know why I dress up. Better not to assume I'm a CD, transgender or Valkyrie Warrior Maiden in pantyhose. =) I think most people are like that to some degree, so while I may wonder at what the other's situation is, I'll take the safe road and leave them alone. If I naturally make eye contact with them, en femme or not, I'll smile and may say hi if I pass by them. That for me would mean the world, so that's what I'll try to do for others.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

I think I have replied to a similar thread in the past. With my luck I would probably approach a masculine looking GG and embarrass us both. Best not to say anything. Jaymee

That is one of those situations where I would play it by ear and gut feeling. I have seen several while out and when interested I would try to get near them to talk about whatever, which I generally have no problem doing. I never say I am a sister, nor ask them about their dressing. If I am also dressed at that moment, then it is obvious. Today at my local Starbuck's a person came in with a GG who was flat chested, had naturally long hair, was older, 50++, wore a bold reddish colored simple cotton top and a bolder blue long skirt and bright red tennis shoes. I would guess that this person was a "T" something. I did not approach the couple because I was with friends. I did however watch the people around them and it was very interesting that I only saw 1 or 2 quick looks and mostly indifference to that person. The clothes alone, though tasteful to one degree should have been enough to cause people to look, since most people in the suburbs around here tend to avoid the brighter contrasting colors.

I am curious why there is resistance to approaching someone - CD or not. I have approached a lot of people who I found interesting visually and either complimented them or indicated (in whatever manner) I might want a little more conversation.

Sometimes I am ignored (nicely or rudely), sometimes I am told to bug off (nicely or rudely) and sometimes I have actually made a new friend/acquaintance.

I do agree that "Hey, are you a CDer, so am I" is not an appropriate approach, but you shouldn't shy away if you would like to meet the person (see my sentence above!)
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I don't even know why this question ever comes up. When I see somebody who I want to meet for whatever reason, I do something pretty radical; ...I say "hi".

Then I follow with whatever caught my interest. Love those boots, or your hair is amazing, or I used to have a car just like that, or where did you find that top? or whatever.

How do you people get along in life without rudimentary people skills?
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Does it matter if they are crossdressed? I would treat them as any other lady I saw and if I wanted to strike up a convo I would but it wouldn't be about something as personal as what gender they are.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Just a viewpoint, but I think that in today's society we should be very careful about complimenting a person presenting as a female, irrespective of birth gender, on her appearance. Didn't President Obama just get into a storm of controversy because he made a fairly innocuous comment about a member of his cabinet?

That does it! I'm gonna go out and buy an inspector Clouseau trench coat and magnifying glass and look for imposters. Maybe we can start a trend here?