Thread: Walking the dog in the neighborhood

Walking the dog in the neighborhood

Its 2:15 in the afternoon and today is the first day in more than two weeks that I have been able to dress. I’m wearing a sleeveless blouse with a black and tan pattern against an off white background, a tan skort, turquoise sandals, full makeup, and a bob styled wig. I just said to heck with it, I’m going to walk the dog; all of my neighbors around the block pretty much know my dog. When I got around on the other side of the block I was surprised at the number of people out but rather than turn back I continued on knowing that my dog would be recognized and theerfore me too. Nobody said anything and when I when I was a few doors from my house a neighbor was out weeding in the yard and we had a brief conversation. She has seen me enfemme before and the conversation was nothing out of the ordinary, but I enjoyed the walk immensely. Guess I was seen by about half a dozen people but as far as I was concerned I was just a woman out walker her dog.
    Babs

Very cool!

Someday I might have the moxie to do the same thing.

Well you have outed yourself now, don't you think?
    At least you have boost in confidence and the sky did not fall in.
    Good for you Barbra.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I went back out and walked up the street and had a fairly long conversation with the GG out pulling weeds. I always thought she would be one of the neighbors that would not accept Barbra but we had a very pleasant conversation for maybe twenty minutes and she was very friendly and cordial. I have been pleasantly surprised at how accepting all of my neighbors have been; I really don’t have any fear about going out as Barbra among my immediate neighbors. I can’t describe the feeling of beings able to walk out the front door as Barbra and not having to worry that my neighbors will react negatively is such a relief.
    Babs