Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How old we CD until?

How old will we CD until?

I have a few unanswered questions concerning CD'ing into old age.

I have never heard of CD's in their 70's, 80's or 90's...nothing at all.

That leads me to wonder if I will ultimately cease to CD? Or if I do not stop how will I dress? Short skirts and high heels on an 80 year might look extremely odd...woman or man!

I have this morbid fear of getting Alzheimer's and outing myself in numerous embarrassing moments!!

I am mid-fifties now and the way the years fly by now I wonder what the future wil bring as I approach my elderly years of being in my 80's?

Comments anyone?

Personally, I will continue to dress until I am unable.

Platinum Member
    If you've been around here long you'll find lots of CDrs in their 60s, 70s and beyond. It really doesn't go away...until of course we do.

I am in my mid-60's and am 7 years old doing this. I hope I last a long time based on all the fun I am having so far. There are a few members here in their mid-70's. Just be Scarlet O'Hara and put it off until tomorrow to worry about it.

There's no mandatory retirement age..... personally I can't see I will ever stop.... what upsets me most about getting old will be the day I have to stop playing ice hockey.... 61 and I can still crosscheck those young whipper snappers! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A few months back, Patsy, the oldest member of the River City Gems passed away at the age of 86. Though of failing health she attended our Halloween party en femme. She was a decorated World War 2 veteran and I believe had been dressing her whole life. I'll add that one of my sisters in the Gems, Tilda, saw that Patsy was cared for just like she was her own sister. (I wonder how many of the cisgendered people I know would care for a friend like that?)

We have other members in their 70s that show up at our events when they can. They usually dress like elegant older women. Very stylish.

There is no upper or lower age limit on being yourself! Go out and have fun!

Debby
    Debby

i would never give it up crossdressing. only time i would give up crossdressing if i cant do it anymore

My questions refer to finding out if the need, desire or want to CD fades away...I am not hoping this to happen...

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I've always looked and acted at least 10 years younger than my actual age. In drag, people guessing my age usually tag me as 20 years younger. Hopefully I'll be able to continue the illusion for 10 more years or so. I'll be 70 in August. This is the best time of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    This is the best time of my life.
    Big Smile!!!! Thanks Lynn Marie!
    Debby

I don't see age as an issue for crossdressing. I know several people who are in thier 70s and still actively dress. I'm getting close to that age myself (although several years off), and can't imagine myself ever quitting. Of course, I would look rediculous in a miniskirt at that age, but there will always be age appropriate attire that will be flattering and will make me look my feminine best. So as for me, the day I stop dressing will be the day I take the trip to the great beyond.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by NikiMichelle View Post
    My questions refer to finding out if the need, desire or want to CD fades away...I am not hoping this to happen...

I'm sure the need/desire can fade a bit but its ultimately up to you what you do with the lost feeling. I will be wearing women's clothes right till the bitter end.

It will be up to you to be wearing dresses in your late 90's!

There are members here in their 80's.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've wondered what would happen if or when I need to go to assisted living or a nursing home. I'm only in my 50's so this will be a long time from now. Right now nobody knows but my wife. I wear panties 24/7, how could I do that privately if someone else is doing my laundry or helping me get dressed? Maybe when I get that old I won't care who knows. Heck, maybe by then cross dressing will become socially acceptable!

Aspiring Member
    I didn't acknowledge my desire to dress in women's clothes until a few years ago. I am now 79 and reading these posts dressed in an easy long skirt, top and bra. As long as I stay in the closet I can dress any which way I want and enjoy.

Now, where did I put the wrinkle cream?

Ineke

Hi,Niki.I'm 58 and I've wondered about that too.I dress too young for my age group now,but I figure,if I'm going to live in a fantasy world,why not make it a good one.Lately I've been looking for thing more age appropriate because I'd like to start going out soon.Like you said,those years fly by awfully fast,and I'd like to get out before I'm an old lady.As for my 80s,I don't worry too much because I doubt if I'll see them,but you never know.I just figure I'll dress as long as I can do it by myself and try to enjoy every day.Barbara Maria

I do not think age cures it, age does improve a wine, so why not improving your CD'ing.
    If you were 80 and wearing a mini skirt I would put you in the bearded lady category.
    Always try to dress appropriately.

Some eighty year old chicks I have met still have fertile and open minds.
    They have grown ugly legs so they only show the best parts.
    An eighty year old woman I saw some time ago could even wear knee high boots and a pencil skirt with an appropriate loose fitting top.
    Dyed her hair and looked fifty.

I still cry inside because I don't look like I did at 20.
    I do have to make the most of it though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    This is the best time of my life.
    Another big smile from me too Lynn Marie!

Till Death do us part seems to ring true here for me...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    Over the years I have met folks from every age up into their 90s who dress... still haven't set someone 100 or older who dresses, yet (Virginia Prince almost made it at 96.)

It is not absolutely totally unheard of for folks to just stop dressing, but age alone is not usually one of the reasons I have heard.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I'm approaching 70. When I get there I will let you know whether the need to dress subsides! Frankly I doubt it and...............until then; keep donning the heels and lip gloss!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Hi Niki, I'm 70 and I have no intention of hanging up my heels I've even picked out the dress that I want to be laid to rest in.
    Maybe I will be in an old folks home wearing support hose and orthopedic shoes someday.

You can have my pretty clothes and heels when you take them off my cold dead body.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm of Medicare age and believe I will stop when I no longer can fasten my bra in the back....Wait, I'll just get a front closing one.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

The somewhat controversial Virginia Prince lived to the age of 96 and identified as transgendered to the end.

I can't imagine stopping crossdressing/being trans at any point in my life. It's just a part of me. How I will deal with it on a practical level if I am in my 90's and slightly senile is a question, but I don't imagine that the feelings will subside.

At 86 I still love to dress and living alone I am dressed most of the time. I have acquired a lot of dresses and still do a lot of shopping at Macy's on line. Since my libido died years ago it is not

about sex. It just feels great wearing a dress around the house.

Vieja