Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey, I'm prettier than her

Quote Originally Posted by Purple8229 View Post
    Hahahaha! You JUST answered your own question.

Women, GG's, are the most beautiful wondrous creatures on the planet. In ANY shape, size or color. BAR NONE! They are sharp, quick-witted, stupendously intuitive, and run circles around us men...circles under their eyes, overweight, unattractive as they might seem in your eyes, I would suggest you look deeper..into yourself...and ask yourself this question...

"Why do I have these thought patterns?" And then contemplate it.
    What nonsense. Women are human beings, good and bad, wise and foolish, just like men are. They're not goddesses or supergeniuses. Putting humans on pedestals isn't reasonable or healthy for anyone involved, whether they're being worshipped or doing the worshipping.

Sabrina,

You missed his meaning.

Look beneath the surface.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

OK, I looked beneath the surface. I still think it's nonsense at best, and that it may be worse. So I'll have to remain ignorant to the supposed profundity here, unless you'd care to enlighten me.

Boy did this thread stir up some feelings. I am glad I didn't start it. Even though I did chime in and say some things that just might have alienated some of our members. When I made my comment it is what I have observed. I did not cause it in any way but the very high divorce rate in this country says some folks just might not be trying. And contrary to what some say all women are not the angels that some seem to think they are. My second wife got meaner and meaner as we aged and I was ready to divorce her as she wasn't always like that. In fact she actually supported the CD side of me. Finally after a trip to the hospital one night the next day I found out the reason. ALZHEIMER'S it can change ones whole personality. But some don't need that excuse.

I feel pretty! lol.

...Okay, here goes. I've been holding my tongue for a couple days but I have a few things we might want to ponder...

-We all try very, very hard to be beautiful. Same thing with most GGs. How would we feel if there was a forum discussion somewhere titled "Hey, I'm prettier than a crossdresser". We are all beautiful. And we all try very hard to look beautiful. Let's look beautiful. Let's think beautiful and kind thoughts. Let's say beautiful and kind things. Let us all act like ladies. And gentlemen.

-We all want to wear what we want to wear without anyone caring. I would love to wear a skirt to work and have no one care or judge. That would be amazing. If we want that "right", then we have to not care or judge...OR COMPARE if a GG...or anyone...wants to wear sweatpants or a sombrero or whatever to the mall. Instead of seeing a woman and thinking "I am so much prettier than she is", let's think "She is wearing whatever she wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks. Good for her." The moment we stop caring what others are wearing, it puts us on a path of others not caring what we wear.

-We have a loooooooooong way to go when it comes to transgender rights and acceptance. If we as crossdressers want to be accepted, then we need to listen to the words of novelist Kurt Vonnegut: "There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind." When I go out, if anyone snickers or looks funny at me, I smile at them. I'm polite. I don't sneer or say sassy remarks. Do you want to know why? Because when the girl working at Kohls goes home to her husband and talks about her day, she'll say something like "There was a crossdresser at the store today. It was kind of weird, but she was really nice." I'd much rather have her say that instead of "There was a crossdresser at the store today...and she was a total b___h."

Let's just be nice. And let's be beautiful.

Love, Hannah
    www.hannahmcknight.org

I agree with: women are Gods finest creation
    Morgan Lynn Scatterbrain

Good thought Hannah, you're absolutely right

margo

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Exclamation

Wow. Sometimes I cringe when I see one of "these" threads have been posted. Cuz' I know what's sure to follow. It's always the same GG's furiously defending their' (according to them) indivisible sovereignty of femininity. The truth of the matter (as I see it), is that genetic females DO NOT have a monopoly on femininity. There are plenty of genetic males who are more feminine than many genetic females and there are plenty of genetic females that are more masculine than many genetic males. Look no further than our very own TS and FTM sections for proof of this. What's between your legs doesn't define your femininity or masculinity. "Attractiveness" is not a measure of "passability," rather it is the 10,000 other subtle clues that make for being seen as feminine." This quote from Jennifer is puzzling to say the least. She basically just said that "attractiveness" is the sole domain of the feminine id. Also, I don't recall where the OP mentioned anything about passability. "You will never look more feminine that any GG no matter how she looks." This is hogwash as well. I can list many members here who look a LOT more feminine than some gg's. Can any of you sit there and tell me that some of the gurls here don't appear more feminine than say,hmmm, Anne Ramsey? Honestly? Whatever. Get over it! Really tho, why even worry so much about what others think? Just be the best YOU can be, no matter how anyone(including yourself) defines you.

EDIT! Just read Hannah's post.
    Last edited by rocketscientist; 04-11-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

I think you have it, Hannah.

I also think that "She is wearing whatever she wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks. Good for her" was closer to the message of the original post, with a helping of "Then I shouldn't be so insecure about my own appearance", but that it got taken out of context (and it admittedly doesn't sound very good out of context).
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 04-12-2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: quote removed

Quote Originally Posted by alisa63 View Post
    Now when checking out women I see some that are just plain unattractive. ... Once I am convinced she is not my next thought is that I look more feminine than she does when dressed and no one besides me is giving her a second look.
    Several things:

A woman may seem unattractive to you, but I'm sure that she is loved and the people who love her think that she is beautiful. Same goes for men. Do you compare yourself to other men too?

Also, there is an attractiveness scale just like everything else, and we all can't be in the top 10%, especially if we've spent no time on grooming because it is not a priority at that particular time. So if you insist on making comparisons, I suggest you compare yourself to a woman who is your age and weight and who has spent as much time as you on her appearance, for example someone who is on a first date at a fancy restaurant or something.. That's only fair.

Last, although I understand your need to build self-confidence, I think you'd do yourself a favor if you stopped comparing yourself to others altogether, especially if you're comparing yourself to a GG who did nothing more than throw on a pair of jeans to do an errand. Beauty comes from within and judgmental people are rarely beautiful. I've met GGs who compare themselves to other GGs and who feel they are prettier. Arrogance, conceit, and pettiness are not attractive traits in anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Asp View Post
    ... and I honestly think it was because I was hotter than she.
    I can understand why she is your ex-gf.

... and if she didn't like the CDing, believe me it was for much deeper reasons than what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula T View Post
    I am not sure if anyone else ever notices that a lot of GG's when they get in there 40's or older stop trying to look at least kinda attractive. You gals tell me why.
    A lot of men stop taking care of themselves in their 40s too and both men and women have different priorities than when younger. I do think it is rather shallow to judge anyone just based on their appearance.
    Reine

It may be shallow but

It is reality and is just the way the world is as much as one may not like it.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-12-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: no need to quote the whole post above yours

Hi, Yes I check out other women and then think I could pull off that "look", sometimes I succeed other times not so good...Jaymee

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Confetti View Post
    Hope you don't mind my two cents, but I think a lot of cross dressers are more inspiring than women. In fact there are more slovenly women who do their best to present themselves to appear unkempt.
    Confetti, we occasional cross dresses, in particular, tend to use our mimim dressing as the ideal of a woman. Not "ideal woman" but the dressed up ideal because we don't have to live bathe real world. The daily cross dressers are far more casual. I am sure. I have often referred to the casualization of attaire as the cross dressers lament. But that is a cross dresser issue, not a female one.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 04-12-2013 at 03:54 PM.