Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, I'm prettier than her

Hey, I'm prettier than her

I recently find myself "checking out" women but not for the typical reasons. Now that I am getting to know my body type and personal style I find myself admiring different outfits and thinking I could pull off a particular look. Now when checking out women I see some that are just plain unattractive. I say that in no way to be mean but rather as a point of comparison for myself. If I see a woman with a big nose and dark circles under her eyes and overweight my first thought is maybe she is a crossdresser. Once I am convinced she is not my next thought is that I look more feminine than she does when dressed and no one besides me is giving her a second look. Hos me build courage for the next time out. Can anyone relate or I am just abnormal in this thought pattern?
    xoxo,
    Alisa

A little unkind perhaps?

But I know what you mean.

Banned Read only
    Well, I would bet there is nearly 0% chance of mistaking a woman, regardless of dress, for a man. It is also true that you may be more attractive than some women when you are in girl mode, BUT you will almost certainly be identified as the cross dresser.

"Attractiveness" is not a measure of "passability," rather it is the 10,000 other subtle clues that make for being seen as feminine. My wife tell me all the time that I am an attractive woman but there's just "something" that gives me away. that "something" is the 10,000 little clues.

I know that it can seem unkind, but I think that a lot of us do it. It isn't meant to be unkind, it is more in the way of reassurance. My favourite fantasy when out in public is to say to myself - " I bet I am wearing sexier lingerie than she is"

there is a level of care that goes into looking nice for both sides.
    a girl could look pretty bad if she doesn't care to put work into looking nice at the time. I honestly am a pretty sloppy looking guy most of the time, but when i try to look like a girl, im trying pretty hard to look good for the other side!
    I also love to check out a girls outfits though hehe

Your view may seem harsh and unkind but I know what you are saying.
    There are a lot of ugly men too.
    We all aspire to be attractive, that is human nature.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

People come in all shapes and sizes as well as different levels of aesthetics. Most of us want to be the goregous lady and are afraid of venturing out if one does not view herself as such. Your observation serves as a reminder that we can get out and about.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by alisa63 View Post
    Once I am convinced she is not my next thought is that I look more feminine than she does when dressed and no one besides me is giving her a second look.
    Ok, the red light just came on.
    When I see a crossdresser say that they're more "feminine" than a real REAL WOMAN, well...that's beyond ridiculous. There's no way you can really know what being a REAL WOMAN is like anyway. It's not a competition about "looks". At the end of the day...you may think you're looking good, but bottom line...you're still a dude in a dress.

Unfortunately you've insulted a lot of GG's with this thread, so good luck.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by alisa63 View Post
    I recently find myself "checking out" women but not for the typical reasons. Now that I am getting to know my body type and personal style I find myself admiring different outfits and thinking I could pull off a particular look. Now when checking out women I see some that are just plain unattractive. I say that in no way to be mean but rather as a point of comparison for myself. If I see a woman with a big nose and dark circles under her eyes and overweight my first thought is maybe she is a crossdresser. Once I am convinced she is not my next thought is that I look more feminine than she does when dressed and no one besides me is giving her a second look. Hos me build courage for the next time out. Can anyone relate or I am just abnormal in this thought pattern?
    Wow no I would never think like that. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Life is not a beauty contest. Love is all that matters.

I believe most of us relate in observing and then comparing to ourselves. For me, my challenge are those that are challenging in
    appearance --- are they CDs or not. I usually agree with Jenn's posts but now my experience has put me on the fence a number
    of times: Are they really GGs or not? I recently posted an incident while waiting for my car's bi-annual checkup. Seated across from
    me was a person perhaps in early 60s, no makeup, short unkempt slightly gray hair, no jewelry, wearing sandals, pants and
    top very unstylish and a long mannish type face with big ears. Only feminine item was a clutch bag. When called to get her car she answered in a slightly higher tone than mine. After fifteen minutes watching her, nothing else to do, it was only her walk --- not a man-type walk but could have been after practice by a CD --- that made me question whether she was indeed a CD. My rationale was that a CD would have very likely worked harder to be presentable --- 0nly reason changed my mind. So yes Jenn, sometimes it's a coin toss.
    Julie

Apples and oranges.. It sounds like you're just challenging yourself to try and look better. Alisa I know you meant no disrespect but it could sure look that way.

Alisa that whole sort of thinking is so male oriented. Since you are most likely on the CD side of things it is not unusual. But women rarely think in such terms.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Well, I have a similar situation. My ex-gf knew about my cross dressing and didn't have a problem with it. One night, she wanted me to dress up and try something kinky. When she saw me dressed, she ordered me to return to normal and never dress in front of her again, and I honestly think it was because I was hotter than she.

I believe this is a very delicate subject. I am not sure if anyone else ever notices that a lot of GG's when they get in there 40's or older stop trying to look at least kinda attractive. You gals tell me why. Is it because they have a husband who doesn't care anymore what they look like? Are the kids keeping them so busy that they don't have time? Can it possibly be the thought is "I've got my husband now and I don't have to take care of myself anymore" "He won't divorce me it would be too expensive" I know that us "gurls" even when we are trying to blend do try to look as nice as we can. I can only speak for myself maybe its cause I am pretty persnickity about what I wear when I am out shopping whether its at the supermarket or in a department store. If I was somehow magicly transformed into a real gal I know I wouldn't change how I present myself to the public even though I know most don't give a hoot. This is just an observation that I have noticed more and more the older I get. I happened to be shopping one evening in a Khol's and an SA as she walked past said to me its sure nice to see someone dressed nicely out shopping for a change. I just smiled and said thanks.

Ya know I get pissed off at being told that " I look better more feminine than an GG" get over it over it because you will never look more feminine that any GG no matter how she looks.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

What!!!! lipstick on a pig is still a pig???? kinda like some of my guitars, it may look like a black beauty but, it ain't a Gibson looks great but ain't never gonna be one. I've got a tele (squire) and an amercian std. both look great but what a difference. we all strive to look our best, but we will never be O.E.M. little car humor

I kind of understand and I have never thought that way. My thought is "she could have done better" or something like that. Then I might try to put myself in her shoes and imagine what her life might be like. I don't do that often though. I mostly move on to what I was originally doing.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Hi,

Im not sure what you'd make of me then yes i dress in womans clothes quite nice ones as it is yet would you look at me & say a dresser, maybe even trans, or some other whatever, no makeup no hair nothing at all that would say oh im devinetly a female or woman im over 65 no looks that would even hint other than a bloody male,

im a female yes A WOMAN. .................. who does not have those looks .............................

Yes that kicks my backside, Iv contended all my life because i dont look right, . you know what , iv had to be so strong to not let that take me down. iv got through it yet its allways there to remind me,

I have the strengh to be myself a very strong woman confidence in who i am , selfasurance an all out public P R person seen by 1000's & well known.

You see we are females we dont all have the == looks == yet are just normal women getting on with life with what we have, part of the communitys we live in & just accepted for who we are,

That pic on the left is myself & how im seen take what you can from that what you will.

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 04-11-2013 at 05:14 AM.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I have to agree. But here is my rationale
    Ever since I was a kid I would psyche my self up by looking around at other people. For example, when i was going for my drivers license, i would look at all the other kids that passed the test and tell myself.. if he can pass it I sure as hell can. And the same holds now. When I am out and about I look at other women and tell myself.. I sure as hell look a lot better than her. and often I find some that I really aspire to look as well as they do.
    It keeps me on my toes and learning different tricks of the trade
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I will never be prettier than my wife or any woman for that matter and don't care. I am me and I am my feminine me when I am dressed. That's the best I can do. I do admire well dressed women and wish I could emulate them but I am a CD not a GG and that is all there is to it. Like Consuelo though I often think that I am wearing prettier lingere than some women do.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I don't think it is mean, but when I see an unattractive woman it reminds me that I am not that much worse than her and that if she can blend so can I.
    Of course, we do take alot more time to look presentable and she doesn't have to or just doesn't care. I especially cringe when I see some women wearing over-stretched stretch pants and dirty stained and ill fitting tops. Don't they look in the mirror before they head out.

I check out women all the time,and I see women who look very masculine,I have had to look real hard to make sure they are really women,I know I look alot more like a woman than some women do,alot of this is in how they dress,some women don't care about how they look,I try to look as feminine as possible when out....and still try to blend....

"Never look better than any GG no matter how she looks" I beg to differ on that quote as haven't you ever been in a gay and lesbian bar? Some of the ladies seem to do their utmost to look "blah" and they ain't crossdressing either its what they always wear. And its not feminine at all. So I have to say way way more gals on this site look so much better than many GG's. that you see. I am just saying so many don't even seem to try and look good anymore. What is the cause of it I don't know do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Ya know I get pissed off at being told that " I look better more feminine than an GG" get over it over it because you will never look more feminine that any GG no matter how she looks.

Hope you don't mind my two cents, but I think a lot of cross dressers are more inspiring than women. In fact there are more slovenly women who do their best to present themselves to appear unkempt. So your born with what ever gender, looking your best in anything speaks volumes to others regardless of what clothes your wear. Society shifted in such a way were it seems like women are losing details of being beautiful no matter how old or what is received as attractive, where as cross dressers strive to be and succeed.( Economy too maybe to blame) But, when I travel overseas there are more well kept men and women and probably *cds* (but are so passable couldn't tell) than here.
    Any doll(cd) can be a passable women, without really trying using light make up,a good wig and dressing appropriately.
    So yes Alisa, why not you could be prettier if the lady who walked out the door dressed in unisex clothing , is a genetic woman perhaps she is doesn't know any better or is trying to be a man.