Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever really observed tall women?

Aspiring Member

Have you ever really observed tall women?

I've read before that the best way we can learn to be a CD and blend in is to observe the women around us. I always was concerned about my 6-2 height until today when I was among a group of shoppers. I saw 3 different women who were the same height as me. Now I wouldn't mind being a petite 5-7 making it easier to blend in. But these gals had some things in common. They acted like anyone else, they appeared confident, and they carried themselves well. I think they could be proud of their height. They were all conservatively dressed. It made me feel better!

Cheryl Ann

Cheryl, I look at tall women all the time.
    They fill a camera lens for me.
    They are usually elegant, carry themselves well, (you said that) and have an air about themselves I cant explain.
    Their deportment is often flawless and they are great on a catwalk.
    With them in heels it is hard to get a good photo of them unless I am on a ladder.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes, I have a regular business meeting that I go to, where there is often a young lady who is quite tall, and wears heels. She dresses so nicely, and carries herself so well, I really want to complement her, but am afraid she would take it the wrong way. But she is a beauty!
    Stephanie

Sometimes tall women turn out to be us.

Speaking of tall women. I was in the thrift store this morning looking for my latest obsession, bell-bottoms. There were several elephant bells which happened to be half-price in several pastel colors, and they were my size! However, they were all size 8 Tall, and they weren't kidding. Whoever donated these pants...and clearly they were all donated by the same person, HAD to be 6'6". Needless to say, I couldn't buy them, as I'm 5'11". Did they belong to a CDer who purged, or a hippie-chickie basketball player?

Tall is cool. They've got to learn how to deal and present because they truly stand out.

There was a tall, attractive, black woman that used to come into the lounge I played at in the '80s. I suspected her of being a CD, but my bass player said "no she isn't." One night I finally got the nerve to go up an talk to her and I said, "you sure are tall". Her reply, "you sure are short"! Her gender was clear to me after that.

At six foot six myself, I have alwats been mesmerized by tall women, and often intimidated. IO fianally started seeking them for friendship, and dating, and asking some to dance, at singles dances. I am surprised, that many of them seemed to prefer guys a little shorter than them. I see many of them married to smaller men. I have not had much success with them. Many have plenty of guys interested in them, including short men! I think most guys want the extra woman, and long legs. I dress to portray one of them, that i have not been blessed to have. Beauty comes in all sizes, though.
    i

Aspiring Member
    Thanks ladies! I've been around some tall women and need to learn from them. My hair stylist (who knows all about me) is 6-1 and very confident about herself. We've discussed it. I had a talk with a girl friend who told me to not worry about it. I guess I just have to go with who I am and maybe get some attention yet be conservative in the way I do it! <grin!>

Cheryl Ann

i have seen many a tall (over 6 foot) GG lady's out there and they just do life as life is.
    but what i would give to be 10 inches shorter. and 100 pounds lighter.

working on the weight problem, not sure how to do the height.

Platinum Member
    I can't say that I've seen many - but I do occasionally see other women in the 6 ft+ range. its gives me a little more confidence knowing that I may be in the 95th percentile in height, but at least I'm not in the 99th percentile.

At 6'2" I have even encountered a few women who were taller than me...exceedingly rare, but it happens.

At 6'8" I think I've only ever seen one woman taller than myself. She passed by a study room when I was in college. I zipped out into the hallway to watch her walk away. I was mesmerized. She was older, and, um, not terribly attractive. Looking back I wonder if she was a trans woman. She must have been at least 6'10".

I've always loved tall women. I dated a Dutch beauty of 6'4", chased a basketball goddess who was 6'2", and suffered through an insane relationship with a crazy of 6'3". I finally settled on my soul mate. She's 6'5". :-) x 100 (Now if i can only figure out how to make a lesbian out of her....)

I am just a hair under 6' and I have never in my life met a woman taller than me. Where I live people are so amazingly short and the teenagers are tiny. Young guys don't even come up to my chin and young girls don't even come up to my armpits. I'm serious. A couple of years ago I was in line behind a woman who was almost as tall as me but when I looked down she was wearing 3 inch heels. I have even known people to only come up to my elbow. I look like a Harlem Globetrotter already. Imagine how I'd look in 5" heels? Although I am getting some 5" heels really soon. I've been going through a rough time at home and I've decided to treat myself.

Banned Read only
    I've been saying for a long time here, your height does not matter. Own it and get over it. There are too many fun things to do in this life than sit on the couch and boo hoo I'm too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    Sometimes tall women turn out to be us.

Speaking of tall women. I was in the thrift store this morning looking for my latest obsession, bell-bottoms. There were several elephant bells which happened to be half-price in several pastel colors, and they were my size! However, they were all size 8 Tall, and they weren't kidding. Whoever donated these pants...and clearly they were all donated by the same person, HAD to be 6'6". Needless to say, I couldn't buy them, as I'm 5'11". Did they belong to a CDer who purged, or a hippie-chickie basketball player?

Tall is cool. They've got to learn how to deal and present because they truly stand out.
    Not necessarily a CDer, Anneliese...

Bear in mind that tall women tend to have longer legs than men of an equivalent height, and correspondingly shorter torsos. It's not by accident that the New York Radio City Music Hall Rockettes and all those Las Vegas showgirls are not only uniformly tall, they are also exceptionally "leggy", and that's what makes their high-kicking dance steps so fabulous.

It is actually not all that uncommon for a woman of even "moderately" tall height say, 5'10" or 5' 11") to have a 38" inseam, whereas her male counterpart might only top out at 34" or so.

I TRY to find tall women. I absolutely love watching them..they move so gracefully and are sooooo leggy!

Per the bell-bottoms, perhaps the woman who wore them was also wearing 6" heels, something I own but am very unsteady on. I have had one girlfriend in my life who was taller than me. She was 6'2" and it was fine but weird, as most of my relationships were with women who were around 5'2".

I definitely have met and know a fair few women who are well over my height (5'9") and there are even a reasonable number of women over the 6' threshold.

For those interested here's a chart of male/female height distribution in the US, 6' is ~183cm, and the midpoint with the most overlap between male/female height is around 5'6"/5'7".

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Ok...I am in New Orleans for a professional meeting. In my hotel over the weekend were staying most of the tall women in the college basketball scene.

They all carried themselves with great flare. Only we worry about it! The amazing thing was that most of them were wearing heels, but that could have been a psyche thing!

Aspiring Member
    Everyone's comments have given me great insight and also some assurance that I can be tall and present myself well. I think that tall genetic gals may have realized this and find they must simply present themselves with confidence, OR just don't care at all and be themselves. We all come in all shapes and sizes! Let me add my usual disclaimer-----"So what?!"

Cheryl Ann

Many tall women that I see tend to carry themselves well. For the most part they dress conservatively. I'm six feet tall when I wear 3 inch heels and I dress conservatively.
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I've been saying for a long time here, your height does not matter. Own it and get over it. There are too many fun things to do in this life than sit on the couch and boo hoo I'm too tall.
    Yep. So I am learning. Makeup and clothes can conceal and change many things. Height is a constant. There is no changing it. It is what it is.

I've had the exact opposite of what most have said. In the last couple years I can't recall a single time I've seen a woman over 6' tall. I don't know why that is as I have a natural attraction to tall women (although oddly enough my girlfriend is barely 5'1"). That is why I am to scared to attempt going out, I'm afraid of turning heads and getting scrutinized then all the possible results from that. There just aren't many, if any tall women around where I live and or go it seems.

*EDIT* Forgot to mention I'm 6'4" barefoot hence the problem, at least that I see and am terrified of. Especially as I don't consider myself properly "dressed" without some type of heel of at least 3 inches. I don't cry about it but it does make me second guess and end up not doing a great deal of things I would like to do.
    Last edited by Sylvermane; 04-11-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

I shared before - When I was just beginning in my full-time transition, my wife and I went out to dinner one evening. Thankfully my wife is 5'10 but I am 6'3+ so we are a tall couple of gals walking into the fine restaurant. We're getting the "looks" ...which always bothered me while we sat in the lounge waiting for a table. Then in walks a couple of the Dallas Diamonds - womans pro basketball team in Dallas in the early 80's - and they were awesome. They complemented us, we sat and talked for a few minutes but the key thing was they took the pressure off me/us visually. Here are two women 5-6" taller than me and acting like they owned the place. It taught me, in just those few minutes, that confidence was everything. I never looked back and my transition to womanhood was almost seamless after than night as I knew I was who I was and could be anything I had the confidence to be.

Banned Read only

Have you ever really observed tall women?

Yes, I was married to one for 30 years. I have known my ex-wife since high school. We also went to college together. I think she was very conscious of her height (6'-0", which is about 2" taller than me) as a kid as she was taller than almost all of the girls and quite a few of the boys. I think as an adult she became fairly comfortable with things, but I think the important thing was growing up psychologically. That seemed to make a big difference. We divorced about 10 years ago. And no, height was not a problem...

I would not normally mention anyone that I have seen as I do not believe in talking about other people but because this might help some of you I will mention that today while shopping in a store with my wife ( in the woman's underwear section, "where else ") we noticed a young lady who was very elegant and attractive who had to have been at least 7ft tall , very confident in her manner and not the least bit concerned about her hight , not that she should be .

( Just in case there is the slightest likelihood of the young lady reading this I apologise for mentioning you but it is just to point out to some of the members that you can be tall and still be elegant and attractive and your hight should not worry you )
    Last edited by Joanne f; 04-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Banned Read only
    One thing about tall women, they look like women. The majority of tall men look like tall men. Putting a dress on me (six foot even, once six foot two) does not make me look like a woman.