Thread: Changing earrings

Changing earrings

Does anyone else feel faint when changing their earrings?
    I think it's the movement, threading of the hoop/post, or trying to find the exit hole but often I need to sit down and take a break.
    As far as I know it's completely healed so it's not that.

Mods: Not a health related question, it's more general I think.

How do you change yours, or how often do you change them?
    It's rare for me because of the faintness.

I take mine out every night and put them in every morning. If they do not go in easy and you find that you are getting the post in and not able to find the exit, they may not be healed correctly or completely. Put in your healing posts and treat a couple of times with alcohol and let them heal better before trying to wear something other than posts. I have had to do this even after they were supposed to be completely healed.

Cheers

Annette

i never sleep with earing on. the dangles would get bent or broken. maybe a post style if i have them on.
    as for changing. when i get dressed i can change them many times to see how each style / design would look. i have so many i need more space to keep them all.
    big hoops, little hoops, some just a ring some with items on them, then the long dangles. i might have earrings in more styles than some stores do.
    then my necklaces and bracelets. but only two watches, more for show then use.

if you are having a problem inserting or removing them see a Dr about this, could just be a nerve at "that" spot. or could be "other" best to get it looked at.

but then for me a for profit Dr visit only costs me a $20usd co-pay.

I rarely have a problem inserting mine. I put them on walking around the house or searching the closet or whatever. They go right in about 98% of the time. Once in a while they are a little difficult, but nothing that makes me woozy or anything.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Ask your doctor. You may be suffering from vertigo or something similar. I have some friends who get that way when they turn their heads a certain way.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I have had studs for the last 20 some years. I leave them in 24/7. I take them out ocassionally to clean them. Putting them back in is easy, I dont even need to look. What I have a problem with is hoops and trying to hook the clasp on the back.
    Erica

I agree with Annette. I would put your studs back in and wait a couple more weeks. You might of irritated them by trying dangling earrings. I went at least a year without wearing them one time and had no problems, but I had them for about 5 years before that happened. Maybe your hole is not big enough. I would try some dangling ones that use a stud and are a little heavier so it can open the hole more.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Please see a doctor. All you need to say is when I turn my head and tilt it back, I feel light headed. That is a standard test for a problem involving circulation compromise. It could be serious. So please see a doctor.
    Gen

Quote Originally Posted by genevie View Post
    Please see a doctor. All you need to say is when I turn my head and tilt it back, I feel light headed. That is a standard test for a problem involving circulation compromise. It could be serious. So please see a doctor.
    I agree. That's not normal and may indicate a medical problem, often with the ears.

I generally keep earrings in 24/7 although I've recently spent some time in the hospital without them. I can't wear anything fancy to bed (it's not a good idea anyway) so I put small studs in before sleeping. I usually wear different styles during the day so I'm changing them at least twice a day normally.
    Last edited by linda allen; 04-12-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I sometimes have a similar problem when wearing clipons for any length of time.
    They seem to cause a normal amount of pain but sometimes a nerve? gets me.
    I really do not know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by genevie View Post
    O_O
    I will certainly mention it when I go in a few days, but I really only notice it when trying to change my earrings.

There is nothing wrong with the hole and I can wear dangly ones if I feel like it, it's just the feeling of digging a hoop/post/hook through the earlobe makes me woozy.

Edit:
    Doctors up here are free

Do you have a fear of needles?
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member
    Maybe this is unrelated but I feel like I have vertigo. This means I have to sit on the edge of the bed to put in my ear rings. If I do it standing up I briefly get dizzy.

Cheryl Ann

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Do you have a fear of needles?
    Not really, I just don't look when they draw blood.

Back in the day, I used to be a nurse. There is what is called a vasovagal reaction that causes a drop in blood pressure. Needles, blood draws and similar things often trigger this.

Here is a Wiki link on it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

If it only occurs when inserting the earring in the lobe but goes away afterward, I'd say there's a chance you're experiencing a mild form of this and not to worry. Just sit on your bed when putting them in. Your blood pressure is strongest to weakest from a lying, sitting, standing position. Of course if it worsens and happens at other times, go see your doc.

Happens to a lot of people.

Cheers,

Kalista
    Last edited by Kalista Jameson; 04-12-2013 at 03:17 PM.

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Exclamation Changing earrings

Never had a fainting feeling with wearing pierced earrings taking them out or re inserting the next morning. Had my first ear piercing done about 25 years ago and a second set 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalista Jameson View Post
    Back in the day, I used to be a nurse. There is what is called a vasovagal reaction that causes a drop in blood pressure. Needles, blood draws and similar things often trigger this.

Here is a Wiki link on it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

If it only occurs when inserting the earring in the lobe but goes away afterward, I'd say there's a chance you're experiencing a mild form of this and not to worry. Just sit on your bed when putting them in. Your blood pressure is strongest to weakest from a lying, sitting, standing position. Of course if it worsens and happens at other times, go see your doc.

Happens to a lot of people.

Cheers,

Kalista
    Thank you, that sounds pretty much spot-on.
    Weird how it only really happens when threading things in my earhole.