Thread: finally an answer.

finally an answer.

Well after 1.5 years of discussing it my so has agreed this is part of me and I should be able to express myself. So for now its a don't ask don't tell. She said she will go from there. But at least it's a start. Are we on the right track?

Yeah! Much better than it was a few weeks ago for sure! Any positive progress is positive!

Hi Sara,

I don't know your full story, but it sounds like a positive move under difficult circumstances, so be encouraged. Sometimes we have to step back, see the whole, to realize, three steps forward and two steps back is still progress. Don't know if that specifically applies to you, but just a thought to stay focused. Wish you all the best.

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

I think you are on the right track. as I get on my soap box and preach.

Tread slowly and do not overwhelm her.

You now have a good thing going, don't spoil it.

I wish you all the best.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Hi Sara, yes, you are on the right track, and this is definitely positive progress. Congratulations. I know this has been a real struggle for you both.

Banned Read only
    A big improvement from where you were!

Now, is discussion also included in DADT for her?

Sounds like you are being honest and willing to compromise. Two difficult things to do. Give yourself some credit and breathe!
    Suzanne

Sounds like you're on the right track. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing because it's working! I wish my ex was willing to compromise. My crossdressing has killed all chances of us getting back together because she doesn't want it anywhere near her. Bit of a hypocrite though, she's quite happy to borrow my stuff!!

Glad things are working out for you.

Stacey.

Sound great. Little at a time. Keep it going in the right direction

I'm happy for you, Sara! It's always great to hear of couples overcoming the taboo of CDing. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Summer View Post
    Bit of a hypocrite though, she's quite happy to borrow my stuff!!
    When I bought my first batch of clothes last month, much to my wife's dismay (I even had to shop on one of her favorite sites, because they're about the only place that carries stuff tall enough for us), I bought a really nice top that turned out to be too small for me. I gave it too her, and she wore it for the first time last Sunday. Looked really great on her. ...no, it was an accident. No, really. Really! :-)

She wants me to discuss my feeling but doesn't want to know what I wear or when. Baby steps I guess. And she said no makeup.

Things change. They did for me. Have hope.

It's a step forward I'm guessing. Well done for being so patient!

Congratulations. Take it slow and be patient. (Sounds like you've got the patience thing down, but don't ruin it by going nuts when you get the green light) it's a journey, isn't it?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgsara View Post
    She wants me to discuss my feeling but doesn't want to know what I wear or when. Baby steps I guess. And she said no makeup.
    Talking about your feelings is a good sign, and the right place to start. Be honest with her about them. This will help her understand that this is a part of you.

It's funny about makeup, each person has their own things that are really tough for them to accept. FWIW, there are a ton of cosmetic products for men. It's not exactly the same - but there is most certainly makeup for men. Things have changed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgsara View Post
    This sounds strange to me. She doesn't want to know what you wear or when, as she acknowledges your need but doesn't want to see it. Yet, she wants to dictate what you [aren't allowed to] wear in private. So much for acknowledging your need.
    Anyway, DADT works both ways. You shouldn't tell, and she shouldn't ask. Or else it's not DADT. However, your lines of communication should remain open, so that if either of you need to talk, hopefully the other will be willing to engage the conversation. At that point, it's no longer DADT, and your arrangement needs to be renegotiated.

Banned Read only
    Sara after one and onehalf years of discussing it and she acknowledges your needs, it's time for you to assert yourself, after all you don't live your life just for her. Start wearing panties 24/7, when you undress at night and she see's them, so she cop's an attitude but with a little time she'll get use to it. Remind her CD's are born this way and there is no cure, the plus side is you both enjoy feminine lingerie, so get over it, it's your right to wear what you want. It may take a while but she'll end up respecting you for not letting her have control over you!!! After a while if you want to underdress by adding a bra and hose then do it, she'll just have to learn to handle it and if she is smart about this the two of you can go shopping together.