Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: let my hair grow?

let my hair grow?

Have you ever let your hair grow out long just because you are a CD? I was thinking that after a while I might have long enough hair to not need a wig. I think it would look more natural. Thoughts?
    "Boys can be Brides too!"

Even shorter hair done in a feminine style can look as good as a wig and is more convenient.
    You can run and it does not fall off.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've always worn my hair a little long, sort of a 70's throwback. I prefer using my own hair in a short style and in general like women with short hair. Jaymee

That'd be my natural hair in my picture, I've always worn it a little on the longer side.

After two years for starting from nothing, I am happy to be where I'm at now. I'm pretty much now where boink above me ^ is.

I wish I still had enough hair to grow long.... in college my hair was super long.... used to wear pony and pig tails... but one nice thing about wigs is you. can change your hair color and style in a heart beat!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Natural hair beats a wig every time if you can grow it and don't have thinning at the forehead. It's more comfortable than a wig, but it's more work to take care of than short hair.

If you are in a position where you want to be out in public dressed, but not be recognized, shorter natural hair and a wig when you're dressed makes this easier to pull off.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Fortunately, at 66, I can!!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Aspiring Member

Two years now...

About 2 years ago I decided to let my hair grow; from a buzz cut. It is now below my shoulder blades and I like it. It is white with "tan" highlights and it has curls too. I expected white but not the highlights and curls.

I like it and am letting it grow. It takes more "care and feeding" than the buzz cut but it is far more to my liking. It also helps a lot in allowing me to "blend" as a female.

The advantages of being retired,
    Sandra1746

I've been growing it out for about 9 months. I work full time but made sure people around me knew I was planning to grow it to my shoulders, like I had it in college. Only one person, my boss, asked me why and I said "because I still can."

It's about 4" now, and I don't use the wig anymore. I back-comb to build some body, and wear bangs to cover my cave man forehead and widow's peak, and I pass pretty well if no one is paying much attention.

If you can... do it. I'm about 2 years without a haircut and loving it! I wear it in a ponytail most of the time and it's just past my shoulders. I still get chills everytime I turn my head and feel my ponytail move across my neck / upper back.

Cindy
    ​Cindy

Here's an idea. My wife and I are both growing out our hair to donate to locks of love. She has a pretty good head start, though.

Here is the site: http://www.locksoflove.org/

It is a great cause and it makes a realistic cover. Plus, the donations really do help people. They cut it from pony tail length after a point, but for those that need a reason to justify to a curious crowd or cranky boss can enjoy long hair and be doing a good thing, too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I grew my hair out because my fiancee likes me with long hair. Having it for Amy is a bonus...and why I didn't fight the suggestion in the first place.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I don't have a choice in the matter.My hair jumped ship years ago.But I've found wigs in styles that my hair wouldn't do even when I had it.

I started letting my hair grow and got my ears pierced right after retirement to help with my CD. Although I am thinning a little up front there is still plenty to comb over. It is a lot better than using a wig.

Yes, definitely because I am transgendered, my hair has been long for about 40 years.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A year and 2 months letting mine grow and yes its for CD reasons.I love my wigs and still use them.
    My hair is starting to sit on my shoulders.

I haven't worn a wig in nearly three years but as I have written elsewhere, my long hair is going bye-bye exactly one week from now. The ride has been fun but it's time. I easily have about 15" that can be cut off, maybe a little less depending on how much I keep. The plan is to still have enough on top with a little length in the back to be able to pull off a feminine style, yet have better options for guy mode than a long ponytail.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

MPB precludes growing long hair. Even if I could, my tight curly (think Art Garfunkle) limits the styling.
    joank
    Southern California

It has been almost 5 years since my hair was cut.. the photo here is my real hair.. i do have some thinning going on but nothing really yet. I wear the bangs to help hide the long forehead something my grandmother also had..
    As for the long hair and me, it was a game changer i feel more comfortable being out dressed with my real hair long and confidence went though the roof. My hair is cut in a fem style with bangs, i put my hair in a high girls ponytail when in boy mode and side sweep the bangs.. looks very fem but also works for me as a guy... well as much a guy as i try to be...lol

I have long hair, have for over 10 years now, it helps that I am a heavy metal fan so I don't look out of place in male mode .

I have bangs cut in which can be side swept when in boy mode and look super girly when in girl .

I love my hair

Its been 3 years and counting for me, its past my bra in back now. Its getting to the point where its a pain sometimes, but I love it, feels and looks so fem. I would guess in about 6 months I will be ready for a trim to even it up and I am thinking of dying it, just to get rid of some of the grey that is peeking out. Did I mention that I love it?

Heather

Makeup addict!
    Nope, never. 99% of my time spent is in male mode. I'd look weird if I had long hair. Besides, I love wearing wigs with all sorts of lengths, styles, and colours

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
    I have long hair, have for over 10 years now, it helps that I am a heavy metal fan so I don't look out of place in male mode .
    So am I. I'm also a software engineer, and the programmer with a ponytail is almost a cliche figure.

I love my hair
    Oh, as Amy, I revel in it. I love the feel of it cascading over my shoulders and down my back. I love seeing myself in the mirror as I brush it. I'm also fond of cute hair accessories like headbands and barrettes.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I have been growing my hair out for about a year now. Gotta say I love it. I may have to get it cut for my Fall security job though. They don't allow men to have long hair. Such a crappy double standard. Women are allowed to have long hair, but not guys.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland