Thread: New early bird record for me....

New early bird record for me....

My wife and I both started out Halloween costumes early this year. Just decided that since they are going to be a bit pricey, we may as well order them with tax returns. I had to laugh. Not even Easter when we ordered them. This years theme...Steampunk vampire hunter and vampire. both as ladies of course. Here is my wife's dress..She is the hunter...
    http://steampunkthreads.com/Merchant...tegory_Code=D4

And my vamp...ire dress....
    http://steampunkthreads.com/Merchant...tegory_Code=D4

Now I am trying to decide between either a blacK or a red crinoline for underneath.

Last year I did not try on all of my costume till last minute, and it was a disaster. I hope to have all of it together 3 months in advance this time, so I can deal with unexpected issues properly.....

I love the red with the outfit! I don't think I ever heard of getting ready for Halloween in the middle of April before!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Great dresses both of them

Really cute! I love the steampunk movement! If it wasn't for my 400 existing hobbies I would love to get into it.

Whichever crinoline (I like the red) that you do decide on, have you considered a matching corset worn over the dress? Or maybe matching corsets for both of you?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Kimmy, it is good to get in early and set your ideas in cement early.

Barbara get a life, diversify, only 400 hobbies, what about macrame, scrap booking, collecting all the different series of Walmart bags.
    Ever thought of collecting rocks from each county you visit.
    Just think, you can swap all your collectibles with the doomsday preppers for food.

When/if it happens.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think the red crinoline for underneath would look great.

However I agree with Persephone, and think a red and black corset would go a long way towards completing the vamp outfit.

I'm not completely sure that I agree with her about the huntress outfit. While yes, I agree that it would work. I think it's fun to come up with a "background for the costume. Would a corset work for the huntress or is she a more conservative huntress from that period?

I was wondering what other accessories might be used to complete the costumes. A corset with leather straps to hold extra wooden stakes would look really cool for the huntress. Does she use other gadgets to hunt with?

Sorry, I get a little carried away when it comes to the steam punk looks.

Hugs,
    Jamie

P.S. I love those dresses and I may have to find something for myself.
    Last edited by Emma Beth; 04-15-2013 at 05:30 AM.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Both outfits are so cool. Super cute as far as halloween goes.
    Erica

Thanks for the support everyone. I will be wearing a corset underneath the dress for shape and to hold up stockings, so another one over it would be overkill. I like the red crinoline also, but may have an issue with matching the color for accessories and shoes so... I am not sure yet. Jaime: The Huntress is getting a full vampire hunting kit. We already purchased a vintage doctors bag and we are working on the internal props. Stakes of course, and holy water, garlic are all planned in glass bottles with handmade labeling. We also have bought a Nerf gun that i am going to modify and paint to become more steampunk. I have a friend with access to a 3D printer and we hope to do it up well. Even the foam darts are going to look as if they are silver bullets. This is why we start so early. Lots of planning and work go into what we do every year.