Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 F actually emailed me on Match.com!

30 F actually emailed me on Match.com!

I have a somewhat old profile on Match.com, I put my male pics on it when I was 37 years old. Probably 4 months ago I updated my profile, and this time I gave out that I was a straight crossdresser and I post two female pics of myself. If you want to see my male pic and profile look up cervelobiker...

Anyway, ever since I updated my profile with my crossdressing info I don't know why more women were looking at my profile. And in the years I've been on Match.com I only had 1 woman who was interested in me, but she wasn't attractive to me. But yesterday, another woman just emailed me! The big problem is I can't see her pic or know her profile unless I subscribe, anyone know a way around this? Sometimes I think it might be fishy of fake because I suspect match.com would fake an interest just to get you to resubscribe.

But anyway, I'm just telling you that this is proof some women might be attracted to crossdressers! Has something similar happened to you? Tell us about it?

This is what I say in my match.com profile About Me section:

I'm a Fillipino guy with a college degree from Univ. of IL at Urbana - Champaign. I mostly like women who are near my height and build. Someone who is my exact height would be perfect! I do like bikes a lot, video games, movies, and traveling. I'm slim and fit, not overweight. I don't like obese women, divorced women, or ones that have kids already. I'm not promiscious and never had a sexual disease, so if I end up marrying someone I would be faithful and not a cheater.

My permanent home is Wicker Park, Chicago - in a house that I'll inherit from my parents.

I have a habit of crossdressing, but I'm not gay into men. I just love women's clothes a lot! I look great both ways, and I'm very passable as a woman. But I can dress a woman in real nice clothes if you're a size 4 to 8, my women's clothes size!

If you see a guy biking in Chicago in one of 4 expensive road bikes that may be me!

I'm thinking about learning to cook nice dishes, as I have been collecting cookbooks with nice recipes.

I like working an 8 to 5 job with not much overtime so I can have time to enjoy after work.

I love it when women wear skirt suits. So if you're a professional woman who wears a lot of skirt suits - that's a big turn on for me! Or else I'll dress you up in nice skirt suits! It would be great if you're a size 4 or 6 too (Britney Spear's size)! I have a big collection of over 120 skirt suits!

Platinum Member
    Well, if it works, why not. I'm not in the market but I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of women who have approached me while I'm dressed en femme. It never happened when I was in male mode.

Silver Member
    Kate!!! How much did the women want to meet you? Save your money and don't bother subscribing to Match.com...

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    ...But yesterday, another woman just emailed me! The big problem is I can't see her pic or know her profile unless I subscribe, anyone know a way around this?
    Last time I checked, Match.com is a business. They may accept your information for free, but they won't be giving you any information until you pay for it!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    You haven't had a job in 4 1/2 years, but have 4 expensive road bikes? Do you just have really generous parents?

And what if she is overweight? Have you had many women beating down your door? If the woman is real, give her a try. In other words, do for her what you wish women would do for you - give them the benefit of the doubt.

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 04-16-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Size makes no difference its the heart that means everything.
    I was on Hot Or Not for a long time and I got hits from females more than males if that says anything.Plus I was quite heavy at the time.

The women that I emailed back seemed intrigued by a guy that crossdresses for different reasons of course.
    I did meet one lady and we went out a few times but she was going thru a divorce and just wanted someone to go out with that was different and unique.
    Se met a guy eventually but we still email each other.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-17-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Gold Member
    Match.com, eharmony, and all those other pay date sites are scams. Look up the complaints about those sites before paying for anything.
    They have a habit of sending you "matches" close to time for you to renew your subscription.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I like working an 8 to 5 job with not much overtime so I can have time to enjoy after work.
    Should your ad not say "I would like to work an 8 to 5 job...."

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Match.com, eharmony, and all those other pay date sites are scams. Look up the complaints about those sites before paying for anything.
    They have a habit of sending you "matches" close to time for you to renew your subscription.
    My wife and I met on Match.com. After 10 years I'm pretty sure she isn't trying to pull a fast one...

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    My wife and I met on Match.com. After 10 years I'm pretty sure she isn't trying to pull a fast one...
    Actually, I too, met my wife on Match.com. Of course, that was when it was new and I guess we were early adopters. I think its great to put yourself out there and meet people from a much broader potential pool. Of course, you have to be careful and skeptical...just as you would be in 3D encounters.

Also, as noted above, I would focus on getting a real job. All the apparent interest may evaporate if an interested woman learns that you're not working...unless you happen to be independently wealthy.

Same here, I'm an eHarmony success story as are 7 other couples with whom we are close.

I did a few dates on match.com and they were fun, but nothing really developed. If you really want to start using a dating website, go for it. There is a living social deal for a month for 15 bucks. But, remember most ladies prefer you to contact them, rather doing the wink or the wave. I have friends who tell me that they get a bunch of creepers looking at their okcupid or plentyoffish accounts.
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

An interesting mix of results here.
    I am always skeptical of some sites but there is always a mix of success and disaster stories.
    Just know how to sell yourself and be wary of what you are buying
    Caveat emptor.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    An interesting mix of results here.
    I am always skeptical of some sites but there is always a mix of success and disaster stories.
    Just know how to sell yourself and be wary of what you are buying
    Caveat emptor.
    I agree - let the buyer beware. I'm sure the mix of people has changed a bit since my wife and I stumbled upon each other back in 1997. At that time, Match.com seemed like a huge universe, but I'm sure that there are 1000x as many users today. Being a paid service does have one advantage - it screens out people who aren't serious enough to spring for the $15/mo or whatever it costs these days. Also, the same rules apply to meeting on line or in person - that's just the beginning of learning who a person is. Sooner or later, you have to talk in real time, then if it seems promising, meet in person under safe circumstances. Probably better than having a half dozen drinks, stumbling up to an equally intoxicated woman and "falling in love". I wonder how many failed relationships began that in that much more traditional manner!

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Hi Kate,
    I've seen a number of posts from you over the years, but your recent one about Match.com really caught my eye. I grew up in "Chambana", and am a class of 85 Urbana graduate. Just wanted to say hello to another Illini... Seems like we already have that in common. And BTW.. I never came out to anyone on Match.com, but have been dating a girl who is very accepting from pof.com.

Allie

PS.
    I tried to private message you, but your mailbox is full.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congrats, Kate! I've been on Match for some time. I beleve they r legit but that's not a recommendation. I was not aware they accepted pics of females on male member pages. They deleted mine saying they werem't pics of me. Of course, Sherry doesn't resemble me at all.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

....But anyway, I'm just telling you that this is proof some women might be attracted to crossdressers! Has something similar happened to you? Tell us about it? ....
    Oh yeah...I get 'hit-on' by GG's all the time when out n about. Some, not a lot. And I love each one. Unfortunately tho, lots of guys too...which makes me vomit (no..not really. I just turn away ignore em).

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    You haven't had a job in 4 1/2 years, but have 4 expensive road bikes? Do you just have really generous parents?
    By my definition Kate's not really "unemployed" because she's on SSDI which means she's disabled, and I suspect like many in her position with living parents...she probably does get some money and gifts from parents, or perhaps lives rent free in a place they provide.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Where do I begin? 4 expensive road bikes? (no one cares about your material objects prices) and also Britney Spears is a lot smaller than a size 4-6 lol. I have a hard time taking you seriously with your posts that are always all over the place!

I probably won't subscribe to Match.com just to see her email. But if I get a job then I'd subscribe just to see her email. And maybe then I'' look for a woman on Match, too. But generally, I find that Match.com has a poor selection of women, and I can easily find pretty enough women when I go shopping, grocery, or doing a workout bike ride.

I bought most of my expensive bike collection from money that I earned while working. But I got several bmx bikes from unemployment and SSDI. I have a $35,000 collection of bikes.

Again, nobody cares! 35 grand in bikes? That's absurd.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shortskirt87 View Post
    Again, nobody cares! 35 grand in bikes? That's absurd.
    It's a hobby of hers and is quite proud of her collection..... nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    It's a hobby of hers and is quite proud of her collection..... nothing wrong with that.
    She has several "hobbies" if you read her posts. How many are true? That's where the big question lies.

shortskirt you really are prejudiced against me here... My hobbies are just video games, crossdressing, vintage bmx bikes and bmx freestyle. I like some arcade machines but I don't have a big house to store arcade machines. I'd like to get into R/C cars but I don't have the money for then yet.

I used to post Pic threads with the prices of my skirt suits. JUST TO INFORM YOU PEOPLE, because sometimes when you people post pic thread I wonder about the cost of your items. And then you people mistakenly started thinking I was materialistic, because some of my skirt suits were expensive St John skirt suits. But I am not materialistic and I'm not that snob driving a BMW and looking you down. I don't even have any rich / money / materialistic friends so don't accuse me of that. Maybe your just sensitive because maybe you're jealous and have nothing.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    [QUOTE=KateSpade83;3169615].... But generally, I find that Match.com has a poor selection of women ..........QUOTE]

Did you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY mean what you posted ?, It's not a grocery store for heavens sake

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Have to agree, there are threads here about peoples cars, boats etc. Nothing wrong with a good hobby. I collect ticonderoga #2's and have and extensive colletion of 4 and 1/2 . I beleive I'll retire early once they reach a price of .07 apiece that is.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57