Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple things women just know, the we have to learn...

just remember when getting into a car.

sit down with both legs together and spin into the car.

reverse to get out

spin both legs out together then stand up.

tall trucks make the man put out a step stool for you.

and he should offer you his hand for support.

keep the knees together at all times.

having no prostrate helps a lot here.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The list has no end. When we first found Tina, my wife explained that Tina had to (in an accelerated fashion) live through growing up as a girl to experience and learn the vast array of things that girls learn and guys don't!

That's years worth of information and experience! Just think of all the words related to fashion that we, as guys, don't know!!!

And the rest of the 14 years of experience!!!

My wife is putting Tina through her paces! We are just past adolescence!

just knowing how to apply make-up to ones self has me...
    so love heels... I need truing.. how do girls just do this?
    matching the right outfit to the occasion
    matching the right colours to the out fit!

OMG.. so much to learn..
    am enjoying it ...

go girls

Be careful what you eat before going out dressed up. Gas and pantyhose is a bad combination...seriously you could blow out a toe and ruin some nice shoes.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    Many late starting cross dressers are like 11-12 girls who are in the early stages of learning more about fashion, makeup, hair, deportment, etc....
    Very true! We face a steep learning curve. Luckily, we usually have a larger budget and we don't have parents worrying about us wearing makeup at an early age.

One thing I found difficult to learn was how to use shoulder bags and handbags gracefully. Wearing them, putting stuff in and taking stuff out of them, takes techniques that males don't learn. It wasn't until I started carrying a bag in male mode that I got a handle on the nuances.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    Be careful what you eat before going out dressed up. Gas and pantyhose is a bad combination...seriously you could blow out a toe and ruin some nice shoes.
    Joan Rivers once said, "My pantyhose are so tight that when I fart my ankles swell up."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Girls have to learn it all as well. If you have watched a mother raise a daughter you will see that to be true. What they are not taught they copy. If a young boy was taught the same as girls, there is no reason to think he wouldn't have the same skills.

Do not wear a jacket with Velcro fasteners while wearing nylons. I bent over to pick up something and two tabs locked onto my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Don't wear short skirts when climbing a ladder.
    Be careful going on a step-stool with long skirt (esp. with heels)
    - Phoebe Brenne

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    ........................ thats a good one, need hose with relief valves!

Quote Originally Posted by Annette Todd View Post
    I drive a truck and I am cut off and endangered by aggressive drivers every day.

Annette
    Now I understand your frustration. Don't you just hate those little mini cars just zoom in and out your lane. They just don't understand that you can't stop on a dime and you'll crush @ 30 of them within your braking distance.

One thing I learned the hard way is never walk over a street grating wearing high heels.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

All-sequin strapless dresses are hazardous to your underarms! Learned this firsthand last night.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member
    Always keep your knees together when seated, and never forget your purse!

Simple things women just know, the we have to learn...
    ...that women are always right. Just ask any one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Applying makeup on the run. The other day I saw a woman driving,using a cell phone and putting on her make up. How do they do it?
    Womens' brains are wired differently. They can multitask way better than we can, but we are better at doing any one, single task. Evolution; women have to be able to watch the children, talk with other women, and do assorted other little tasks all at the same time.
    We, on the other hand, have to kill 'lunch' before it eats us.
    So those with the genes to construct a human with the needed capabilities were the ones who survived and passed on those skills. Hence, I can't answer the phone and type this at the same time without constant task switching every few seconds, while my sister for example can easily do both at the same time. Sure, with practice, guys can get better at it, but never really to the level that women are.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Oh, and a bit more about handbags...not only do they have to be handled gracefully, women have to be adaptable and be able to switch from one to another seamlessly. Today I'm starting out with my normal male shoulder bag, but later on Mimi and I are going out to a nice restaurant. I have to decide which of my dressier handbags will go with my dress, figure out what subset of the things I carry in my regular bag will fit into the evening bag, which additional items I will need for the evening, and organize them so I can find everything without digging too much.

It's like living part-time in a mansion and part-time in a series of different efficiency apartments but being expected to host fancy dinner parties in the apartments!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    When wearing a long elastic waisted skirt,check it isn't caught on anything before standing up quickly! And wear a petticoat to be on the safe side if out in public in such a skirt.

I still haven't found out how people put on eyeliner without a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Women LEARN everyting, just like a cross dresser, but they have more time with it so it seems like they "know"
    Don't we wish we had the time to learn that they had! I'll add one from my experience: always keep your car keys in your purse, so you won't drive off without it.
    Last edited by Claire Cook; 04-21-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    Yes, all those things are very hard to learn. When my wife and I are out, we usually eat in a restaurant. I often find that when I get up, I tend to swing one leg out first, and have observed that women usually swing out both legs together. When I forget, my wife points it out, and will ask "Are you trying to tell everyone you're open for business?"
    "snort"

/sorry, that just struck me as funny

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    Yes, all those things are very hard to learn. When my wife and I are out, we usually eat in a restaurant. I often find that when I get up, I tend to swing one leg out first, and have observed that women usually swing out both legs together. When I forget, my wife points it out, and will ask "Are you trying to tell everyone you're open for business?"
    Also, make sure you are not showing anything you don't want to show after you stand up either!

^^^^

That applies to cars too. Sit with both legs outside of car, then swing knees in. Getting out, swing both knees together and touch both feet to the ground at the same time with knees togetherl
    Eryn