Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doing a crossdressing transformation service

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    No matter if you use a professional transformation service or not, you're going to need expert advice on what works for you.
    I take it your goal is to "pass". I can't tell you what you should do, but I can tell you what NOT to do.
    1. Don't wear too high of heels.
    2. don't over-do the make-up. Subtle is better than loud.
    3. visit a dentist and have your teeth cleaned. A good smile is worth a million bucks.
    4. If you smoke, quit. Nothing but nothing ruins a wig faster than smoke.
    5. Don't wear anything too tight, it's not healthy and is a dead giveaway.
    6. Wear what all the other girls are wearing. If they're in jeans, wear jeans. There's a time and a place to dress up, don't over do it.
    7. Always take a survival kit with you in case you get a flat tire or something (guy stuff, shoes, pants, shirt, a packet of cleansers to wipe the make-up off).
    8. If a guy tries to "pick you up" make sure he knows you are a CD. Say something like, "Well, I'm a CD and I like to do girl stuff" or something like that.
    9. ALWAYS be aware that it's a dangerous world out there if you're a girl all alone. Park in well lit parking lots, stay away from 7-11's, and keep your eyes open.
    10. Avoid eye contact unless it's safe. Dressing the part is just the tip of the iceberg: you've got to think and act like a woman too.
    11. Yes, you got to wear everything "she" would wear. I wear real ($150 each) mastectomy pads and Jodee Bras ($50 each).
    12. Once you finally decide on your favorite wig, buy two so you can rotate them. Use wig stands so they can air out.
    13. practice walking in heels (mine are 3/4").
    14. Above all, have fun. All of the hard work will be well worth it.
    15. Thrift stores are the best bargains in town.

I had the opportunity to work with a transformation service in St. Petersburg FL several years back...it was one of the best days of my life - my emotions gushed and at one point I started crying - from happiness...The service was call Dress Me Up by Cherie, but I note that her current website says she is no longer offering makeovers in the Tampa Bay area. I have meetings in Orlando in a couple of months and I'm hoping to go early to do a makeover with Trading Faces - I understand that Josett provides excellent service. I'd like to go with someone else if I can, allowing us to go out afterward.
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

Fishers by Indianapolis switcheralso's Avatar
    In Indianapolis there is a girl named Kris. Kris is a licensed Cosmetologist and offers Make-up and Picture services for Cross Dresser's. She provides full make-up, along with some clothes, shoes, wigs, jewelry, hosiery, & lingerie. She is located at 4954 e 56th street.
    True
    Friendship

“A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway”
    Fr. Jerome Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Stone View Post
    I wish there was something here in West Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2bejoanne View Post
    Hi. Good luck with the makeover. Have had quite a few myself and for me my favorite salon is true colors makeup artistry, amanda does amazing work and i am always pleased with my results.
    Amanda is in Bethlehem PA, near Phili. There are a number of people here who are Amanda's girls.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.