Thread: Similarities

Similarities

I am blown away by all the similar experiences that are shared by so many of us here. A lot of us seem to share the same progression of expression, on our own timescale, the same marital issues, the same internal conflict.

I also noted that a lot of us have taken 30 years to come to terms with who we are. With this in mind, I theorize that we must be a strong bunch to have survived such a struggle and come through without totally breaking down.

Ciara

That's mostly because it is generally a work in progress that finally comes to fruition.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think the forum itself and the wonderful girls and GG's here are what help the most. I think we have always told ourselves that this was wrong and until you truly start believing that it isn't, you get no where fast. Yes we are a strong bunch and we get stronger every day
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Yes, I agree with you Clara, we are a very strong bunch of people. We have had to be very strong to survive in what we are. We never forget all the struggles we have had to live with in ourselves. I'm talking about the ones that were born this way, doing this from the time we were toddlers. It is like in stages as life progresses, I think almost all of us can remember all of the shame, guilt, frustrations, uncertainty, confusions, purges, thoughts of suicide, grouchiness, and downright fear. But at a certain point in our lives as all of these natural progressions have passed and we learn so much from each other,and can see so many similarities with each other that at long last, we can accept ourselves and lose all of the shame and guilt and learn to embrace this side of ourselves. I have met so many cd's in real life. I have not met one that I didn't like that grew up with this as I did. It's like we have known each other all of our lives.

I must agree. These forums and all the wonderful girls and GGs have been most helpful for me.

Thanks to all!

Ciara

Ciara, we also try to help others who for whatever reason cannot make the cut and have failed family relationships.
    It is heartwarming to see some of these people come back together.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    This forum has given a great deal of confidence. It was nice to find out that I
    was not the only pebble on the beach. When I was younger, I thought that I
    had this urge to dress, and dressing was something wrong. Again, Thank the
    stars for this forum, and all the great people here. Lots of support, ideas, and
    methods on how to dress, etc.
    I am so glad I found this place.
    Rader

There are stark differences, too. But when I happen across someome with interests similar to mine, but different than mainstream CDers, I like to have a chat.

Coming to fruition

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    That's mostly because it is generally a work in progress that finally comes to fruition.
    So if my progress has finally come to fruition, does that make me the fruit? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DianeDeBris View Post
    So if my progress has finally come to fruition, does that make me the fruit? :-)
    Naw, you have to flower before you can bear fruit...lol

I do think there are some common themes. Foremost is coming to terms with allowing ourselves to be comfortable in our own skin ( such as it is).

Cheers

Annette

Platinum Member
    Hi Ciara, Like I've said before, When you are here you are home.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My only wish is that we had had this type of place to go when I was a young 'girl'. There was no chat room, forum or anything but the magazines and papers you could find in the Adult bookstores.
    How much easier it is now for someone just beginning to find information and input that is 'real' and not just seedy. Seeing how much we all share in common is certainly a positive in a world that can be so negative to us.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Considering all of the persecutions, ostracicsms, marital issues, fears, anxieties, depressions, and constant guilt that are plastered over this and every other forum, this lifestyle can only be lived by those with incredible intestinal fortitude! No wimps here!!!

I also think that same thought pattern leads us to understand that it takes years to work one's way through all of this, or like myself, to take years to even find my feminine self!

I do think that if we were all teenagers again, with the resources and changing ideas of gender, that our outlook for an easier existence would be improved, but it all still takes a lot of guts! IMHO