Thread: Re-uniting with an old friend (shock and awe)

Re-uniting with an old friend (shock and awe)

My former business partner called to ask if I would look over a run down house he was considering for a flip. He had not seen me since me for many years, as I left the reno industry, quite a while ago. He had NO idea what I look like now.
    I pulled into the driveway, and he and the real estate agent were chatting. I got out of my car, wearing red suede heels, black dress pants, a white crepe blouse with a red cami underneeth, and carrying a Coach purse, and my femme briefcase.
    As I walked up the drive I could clearly tell he had no clue who I was. As I got closer, I took off my sunglasses so he could get a better look. On recognition, he became totally dumbfounded. I wish I could have photographed that look. The agent looked just as confused, as I'm sure my freind had said 'There he is now' or something as I drove up.
    I introduced myself to both of them as Celeste.
    We toured the house, and I declared it $70,000 overpriced. The R.E. agent was astounded, and said that was exactly his impression. We had a good long chat, catching up with the years, and other than lots of missed/mixed pronouns there was no problem.
    I'm sure he had some great dinnertime conversation with his wife.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    And I will just bet you could not keep the great big smile off your face during the meeting. Glad it went so well.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Should have said" same me in a new package" when he didn't initially figure out who was standing there. And you showed them you hadn't lost any knowledge in the repackaging process either!

You believe in giving shock treatment don't you Celeste.
    I am pleased it was a good outcome for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    Should have said" same me in a new package" when he didn't initially figure out who was standing there. And you showed them you hadn't lost any knowledge in the repackaging process either!
    LOL!!! LMAO! Good for you Celeste! I'd love to do this with someone I used to work with who long ago was an A$$**** bully and use Rogina's quote above. He was never a friend but I'd love to embarass the he** out of transphobic him.

Cheryl Ann

Good for you Celeste! No kid gloves for you!

Sometimes when we "prepare others for the shock" or offer explanations, it seems almost like we're apologizing for what we are. And what have we got to apologize for anyway?

Quick follow up. My friend called this morning. He's bought the house, and asked if I can do the reno. I'm retired, but offered to be general contractor. Then he asked if I work 'as Celeste'. Absolutely. I've got my pink hardhat and boots. It'll be Celeste's first time bossing around sweaty tradesmen. I'm looking forward to the combination of boobs and a nailgun.

Sounds like fun Celeste.
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    I'm looking forward to the combination of boobs and a nailgun.
    ...although not in proximity...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Good for you Celeste! No kid gloves for you!

Sometimes when we "prepare others for the shock" or offer explanations, it seems almost like we're apologizing for what we are. And what have we got to apologize for anyway?
    True, but then again, I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone swallowing their tongue...

So, are you getting a CD crew together? I am an electrician

Fantastic story, I'm glad that it all turned out so well. I would love to see a pic of you supervising the renovation. HUGZ !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Platinum Member
    Hi Celeste, I hope you know how to do CPR. you could've giving him a heart attack.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!