Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proud that finally I have accepted me

Congratulations it was hard for me to accept this. I thought I had issues and realized that I did but being a cross dresser wasn't it. I'm a different person now that I came to terms with this.

Way to go Jennifer!
    When I was in your place, I finally accepted this truth about myself and it changed my life. I was in a bad place, and now I'm happier than I've ever been.
    I truly hope you feel the same.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by bobble143 View Post
    great feeling isn't it..... i came to accept it in my life recently when my daughter surprised me with some shoes....talking to her after she said she was proud of me and it didn't bother her at all.......she even told her best friend
    yesterday i got into an arguement with my unaccepting wife who once again called me names as she has for years but instead of going all embarrassed i turned round and told her i would wear what i want
    writing this i am underdressed and she knows it but hasnt said a word........small step
    so you go girl now youve accepted it yourself enjoy it......
    Yes, and isn't it ironic that sometimes when the need to assert our feminine side becomes too overwhelming, we have no choice but to simply "grow a pair" - particularly when dealing with an intractable, controlling, and manipulative SO. And as you have found out, when we confront such bullies head-on and draw our own line in the sand, they usually fold like a house of cards....

I recently arrived at the same place and it is a great feeling. My therapist had me list all the reasons that crossdressing was a 'problem' and one by one helped me address them. In the end, it came down to picking up my things when my sons come over and realizing that I am hurting no-one, sleep better en-femme and am feeling much better about myself in general. I now dress every day after work, have an appointment with Mary Kay consultant on Wednesday for a facial and instructions on how to apply makeup and am making plans to go to Southern Comfort in Septmeber. The best part is that I am not stressed about any of it. It is just who I am...

I hope you continue to enjoy your journey as much as I am enjoying mine.

Hugs

Shelby

Thanks for all the continued support and kind words. Ossian asked me how I came to just accept the crossdressing instead of fighting it? I just stopped punishing myself for enjoying myself. I really am not hurting anyone. My thoughts are my own and it is just how I am wired. I couldn't change the desire to dress anymore than saying I have given up liking a good pizza...it's not gonna happen.

I made the connection sometime as a young boy with the typical panties and the sensation mentally and physically was like everything just fit. (no pun intended) I went to Jennifer when I was feeling good as well as blue over the years. She has been a good friend to me. She helps me stay focused on who I am. I have not always been a good friend to her. I have tried being overly macho with trying to suppress and it comes across as a joke. I have denied her to my wife saying that it was something I used to do. I purged and purged some more. The craziest thing I ever did was enlist in the Air Force thinking that would help.LOL Three and a half years of trying to be someone I am not. The thoughts and fantasies just came right back with a vengeance. I actually thought it would work and if that is not being in denial is then I dont know what is. LOL The only person I am hurting is me and I am tired of it.

These days I am consistently enjoying my own thoughts and whatever fantasy comes my way. The other day I started feeling low and guilty about it but I was proud to stay on course which is a major breakthrough. Funny enough I am from a family of people who can't for the life of them enjoy themselves for too long. Negativity and doomsday awaits them and it really is toxic and a stupid way to live. The light at the end of the tunnel is not always a freight train. If you trust things will work out they usually do. There will be bumps in the road but they usually are just bumps. I am also learning to lighten up and stop taking myself too seriously. Another way that has helped is that I know a lot of people who are downright miserable in their lives. They have a lot of regrets. They wished they did this and the other but for some reason never did. They haven't forgiven themselves and they feel they missed the boat. Quite frankly some of them have especially if they really wanted to travel and now beccause of ill health they are not up for it. They may have the money but the opportunity is now gone. It is a shame. Being me and being happy is the number one priority. I have to be me because everyone else is taken.
    To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.