Thread: Have you ever had a woman ask you for makeup advice

Have you ever had a woman ask you for makeup advice

So on Friday night I went out with a female friend who is very accepting, but the relationship is purely plutonic. She has seen pics of Steph but never seen me in person. She had no idea what to expect. She was totally blown away when we met and told me I need to give he makeup advice. Was quite a compliment!!!

No, But I have wanted to give tips when I see someone that has their makeup all wrong.

I have never been asked by a GG to give makeup advice as I have never been dressed in front of one other than my SO. She doesn't wear much makeup, closer to none, so she won't be asking anytime soon. If I did and a GG asked, she'd have to be in really bad shape to ask me lol my makeup skills, while improving, are horrible.

I saw a girl at a pharmacy the other day and her make up was nice but her cover up, especially along her cheeks and jaw line, looked like a mask, kind of like mine did the first time I use dermablend. It looked horrible and I so wanted to say something to her about it but didn't. She kept looking at me looking at her and smiling, probably thinking I was interested when all I could do was stare at her mask lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

No, I used to give it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lol, this is a funny one, I just started wearing eyeliner, and I started with a liquid liner... lol, I doubt that I'll be able to use it now though.
    Anyhow, I was at one of my suppliers, it was the first time I saw this woman there, and she commented on my liner application, she asked how I can do it so easily, as she has been applying liner for most of her life and still cannot get it done right, here I come along, a guy, and do it better and easier than her,,, she was shocked.

GG/SO of a CD
    You all do makeup a hell of a lot better than my boyfriend does. I do his... I have tried to teach him... But alas. Any way. this reminded me of a YouTube challenge called "my boyfriend does my make up" Its worth watching a couple for a good laugh.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stephanie, Not mkeup advice but I've had someone ask does this top look ok with this skirt in the clothing section.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I had the pleasure of being asked to help my BFF (FAB) for some help on doing her makeup for an event that was more daytime. We finished up and she gave me the best compliment I think I could have gotten. She said I made her look younger, just like she did after High school with a big smile on her face! I told her not to cry because I was not sure I could get lucky in the application again! It is very rewarding to be able to help someone feel better about themselves.
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    You all do makeup a hell of a lot better than my boyfriend does. I do his... I have tried to teach him... But alas. Any way. this reminded me of a YouTube challenge called "my boyfriend does my make up" Its worth watching a couple for a good laugh.
    Well I don't think I will ask him to do mine but it was funny.

and you looked wonderful
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    No, not make up, but I have had two different women compliment me on my fingernails and asked what color they were and then were even more surprised to hear that they were my own and not a full set of acrylics.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Haha- no.

BUT .... I have GIVEN a lot of unsolicited make-up advice. lol And it was dead-on right. ( Mind you that is not synonymous with "taken, heeded or accepted" )

Yes, I've had that happen too, always fun when it does. I also once "talked shop" with a young woman who was a professional makeup artist who approached me to talk about how I did my makeup, ended up giving each other some useful tips and had a very interesting, enjoyable conversation.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

My wife thinks I am much better with makeup especially with eye makeup than she is.

I have done hers on occasion but for some reason, I am much better on myself than doing it for others.

I guess it is like putting on a Tie when I need to wear one. I could tie it myself but could never do someone else's.

I guess the "Point of View" makes all the difference.

Yep, my current GF who is okay with my dressing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My partner virtually never wears makeup, so on the off-chance that she is for an event I am usually the one to do it for her, or help her out with it!

Other than that I've had plenty of compliments, but no specific advice requests from women.