Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More male to female crossdressers ?????

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Would you like to see more male to female crossdressers in society?
    If it meant acceptance by the general public, then yes, I would like to see more male to female crossdressers in society.

Of course, I would like to see the general public be more accepting to everyone. Black, brown, yellow, white, male, female, tall, short, gay, physically handicapped, etc., the list goes on.

Realistically, it doesn't matter what I would like to see in society. I try to be accepting and do my part, I try to set a good example, and I sometimes make a small effort to steer others towards acceptance.

Remember also, what is acceptable in one area may not be in another area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina133 View Post
    ........... What i would like to see is is revocation of laws that criminalizes wearing clothing of the opposite gender. .........
    I was not aware of any such laws. Can you provide examples?

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPith View Post
    Blend, don't blend, look like George of the jungle in a dress... whatever, just don't be obnoxious about it. Don't scare the natives.
    Sadly, many of us cannot help but look like George of the Jungle in a dress. 6' 6" tall? 280 lbs? Size 16 shoes? I feel for these people, but life is not always fair. Their size allows them to do things I cannot do, but my smaller size allows me to come closer to passing as a female.

I do cringe though, when I see or hear about a guy out in public in female clothing, but unshaven, male hair style or bald, etc. I would like to see people make an honest effort or stay inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Jeffreys View Post
    ............... Anyway, why is it okay for a woman to shop in the men's department but not the other way around? ..............
    In most cases It's fine for a man to shop in the women's department. You could be buying something for a wife or girlfriend. The point is to not look creepy. Don't do things like rub the panties or bras against your face. Don't scare off the other customers. If a SA comes over to help you, let her (him) help.

A few stores may not be comfortable with a man in the women's department, but I think if you are hones and not creepy looking, they will be glad to sell you something.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-30-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Merged posts into one. Please use multiquote or reply to all posts in one post
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

boy revision 2.oh Lisa Jeffreys's Avatar
    Linda, I totally agree that it IS OKAY for anyone to shop in ANY department. I admit I really was nervous on my first solo flight but I really could be picking out stuff for a girlfriend. I kind of was in a whole "split personality" sort of way and in that regard I am licky as Lisa always likes what I get. I'm over that now and have no problem picking out panties, skirts, blouses or whatever in drab mode. I don't have enought to go out fully femme quite yet but I am sure I will soon.

But what about guys who appreciate skirts or dresses or blouses but don't want to present as a woman? Why suggest they stay home? Equality is equality isn't it? In the hot southern summer I could see wearing flats and a nice light weight skirt with my dress shirt, short hair and masculine manner. I won't because I want a check each month but I see all clothing as fair game for all genders. Just me and my little thoughts.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I do cringe though, when I see or hear about a guy out in public in female clothing, but unshaven, male hair style or bald, etc. I would like to see people make an honest effort or stay inside.
    Do you cringe when you see "a guy out in public" in male clothing, "but unshaven, male hair style or bald, etc."

If not, why the difference?

For that matter, do you "cringe" when you see women, especially women who don't meet the usual beauty standards, go out in public in unflattering clothes, bad hair, poorly made up, etc?

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I would go with yes. If there are more of us, that tells the market there is a demand, which in turns increases the supply of things there needs to be more of, like size 13W shoes!!!!

I was in Goodwill yesterday and saw two other men (separately) in drab shopping the women's section alone. It was nice to see I was not the only dude buying women's dress slacks. It made me less self conscious, honestly, about my own shopping.

Yes, definitely, and I reject the idea that the public presence of less-than-perfect CDs is somehow bad. Of course, it's not going to happen anytime soon but I thought acceptance was a good thing. The fascinating thing about this message board is how a simple question or topic can illicit such a range of replies depending on what type of "CD" we are. Was this question really about shopping?

What I would like to "see" in society is better looking people of all kinds. It doesn't matter if they are male, female, TG or from another planet. However what I want to "see" doesn't amount to a hill of beans. When I go out into society, unless I'm sitting on a bench at the beach, I'm not there to "see" anybody. The civility of which people interact is light years ahead in terms of importance than any way they might present themselves physically. I'd much rather interact with an overweight guy in a dress with a beard that treated me with respect then a 19 year-old cheerleader with a crappy attitude.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

The average run of the mill crossdressers, no. The public has a preconceived notion that all of us are brain damaged perverts, and having a few hundred homely non feminine figured males walking about in drag and make up isn't going to improve that image. What we need are all the super successful businessmen, sports stars, politicians and all celebrities that crossdress to come out of the closet DRESSED which would let women know that who they were so very, very attracted to and turned on by, are actually crossdressers. It would bring some hope to the rest of us. As much as I admire Dennis Rodman for coming out, he was already considered a nut case by everybody by the time he did it, so he didn't do us any favors; if anything, he just reinforced the idea that we're all just a bunch of weirdos.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Lyn View Post
    Personally, I want to look like a woman/girl when I am 'out' dressed as such..!
    No desire to be/look like a 'guy wearing a dress'! Makes no sense to me....
    If I desire to shop for womens clothes, I should be dressed that way.. and LOVING it..!
    Exactly! My whole desire is to blend in, nothing more, nothing less.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    If it means more competition at the clearance sales.... hell no! Plus if they are going to be wearing womens jeans.... I really don't want to see more of them.... they can stay home in the closet...
    I feel the same way!! Has anyone noticed the sky high bordering oil speculator high prices for pantyhose on EBAY? Despite most economy's recovering from a recession, Euro Zone debt crisis etc.! I doubt it's GG's paying $125.00 for Victoria Secret, Wolford hosier etc. I could only imagine how really inflated prices for some items could be if there were more of us, and cross dressing ever became the "in thing" to do.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth