Thread: Where to go

Where to go

So I have no idea where this should go, but I am looking for another job. Im wondering if anyone knows of good TG safe places to work? Are there places you guys can think of that are not necessarily customer facing but also advocate uniqueness and individuality? Im really looking for personal experience that you know of first hand. I mean, if you own your own business or something and are looking for someone then you can pm me but im really just looking for companies that are good environments for us TGs. Sorry if this is in the wrong area. I wasnt sure where it should go.

There are many similar threads on the subject of employment whilst en-femme. Finding employment at present is exceptionally hard and giving employers a reason not to employ you is wanting to work dressed. It sounds hard but that's life.

Regards

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

Maria has said it for me.
    You need to get a job and not worry about any other activities.
    You could be out of work for a long time.
    Unemployable, springs to mind here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well, i wouldnt necessarily interview en femme, but if i get hired, i wont be discriminated or treated poorly because of of the fact that its part of my personal life. Its not one of those things i would talk about in the interview process lol. I am just looking for safe environments. I mean, if i could dress en femme to work, that would be amazing, but im not exactly counting on that.

A lot will depend on your talents and what you can do or learn quickly to do successfully. Some industries, especially start up high tech companies have very liberal policies, especially out here near Silicon Valley, and probably in other similar areas. They generally do not care, i.e. if you have the talent and a decent personality you have a fair chance to get the job. Other types of jobs would ones where you can work mostly at home, or travel a lot. Also, do a search here for past threads on this same or similar topics.

How about a call center, or any other phone or internet job where the employer wouldn't have to worry about losing customers due to their (customers) own biases.

First - procuring a job as a person in general is rough unless you have good qualifications experience, degrees etc.
    if your bound and determined to go en femme - post your résumé on linked in. I get about 5-10 head hunters trying to recruit me weekly. If they are seeking you, you have a much better chance of naming your conditions.
    When I was recruited for my current position, my conditions were pay, work from home, expense card, hours of my choosing. I didn't even think about the crossdressing part. I got 2 of my requests of 4, prioritize what's important.
    Your more likely able to qualify if your going for SRS as dressing in general usually falls under dress codes.
    Like the previous posts stated, large companies or startup tech jobs will probably have the most leniency.

Good luck! Let us know how you do!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I have to agree with everyone else, In this economy, getting a job should be your primary objective. Where I work, there are many people of different life styles, but you can allways tell when a lifestyle clashes with a managers world view. Yes it's unfair, and as a society we should be more noble, but the fact is peoples predjudice will allways cause issues.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Hi Eva,

There is a website which lists jobs which are available for members of the LGBT community. I have thought of applying for a part time job now that I have retired, and if I do, I want to find a position where I can work as a woman. Try looking at this site to locate an opportunity.

http://www.lbgtjobs.com/a/jobs/find-jobs

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    How about a call center, or any other phone or internet job where the employer wouldn't have to worry about losing customers due to their (customers) own biases.
    I've worked in call centers in the northeast and we had one person who was transgendered work there. While some were uncomfortable with her because of the dressing, many more were uncomfortable with her obnoxious personality and poor hygiene practices.

My point is, I think call centers would be a great place for you to work because the dress codes are generally very casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Brown View Post
    Hi Eva,

There is a website which lists jobs which are available for members of the LGBT community. I have thought of applying for a part time job now that I have retired, and if I do, I want to find a position where I can work as a woman. Try looking at this site to locate an opportunity.

http://www.lbgtjobs.com/a/jobs/find-jobs
    Great link, Nicole!

Silver Member
    Try doing some networking within the trans community in your city (you have a very large trans community in Atlanta if I remember right.) Ask around, see if someone (trans) is looking to hire someone etc.

No idea what you can do, but if you like real estate, you could get licenced and join Gay Real Estate. They are just that; an LGBT community. If however, you think you might find a place that accepts people for who they are, forget it. It doesn't exist. Someone will have something to say about you at some point. Walmat does have a very good tg policy.