Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG!! My Son Is Taking A TS girl to Prom!!!

Picture of the happy couple

Finally prom night. OK! Here they are just before leaving for prom. So proud! And I did ask for permission to post their picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

For me the most important part of this story is that young people are understanding themselves and their sexuality and being open about it. That is so much healthier than the closeting approach and the "denial" that has caused so much misery for so many over the years.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Sexuality doesn't come into it. Josee's son took a girl to the prom.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    That nice news to hear, i hope there both have a great time.
    Come join me on facebook

That's awesome! Thanks for posting the pic Josee.

What a lovely picture.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Just a lovely couple going to the Prom. Hope they had a great time.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I'm glad your child and his date were able to attend. I'm hoping that there were no issues at the prom? If so, I'm glad that you live in an enlightened area that isn't afraid to let the kids be themselves! You hear so many negative stories that it's refreshing to hear a good one.

Josee...they make such a beautiful couple...I know that you are proud of your son

I'm very happy for you josee, what a lovely couple. I'm glad they didn't mind you posting their pic. to your girl friends here on the forum. Be sure to tell them thank you for me... or you have my permission to show them my post if you want.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

what a heartwarming story. i am proud for you and of your son. i hope they both have a wonderful time!
    when in doubt, smile

Amazing Member
    This is such an inspirational story, that I shall cherish it. Thanks for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    For me the most important part of this story is that young people are understanding themselves and their sexuality and being open about it. That is so much healthier than the closeting approach and the "denial" that has caused so much misery for so many over the years.
    Friends have pointed out that the difficult time I have had with my relatives, is so foreign to the younger generations, that some day, those younger ones who have been 'shielded' from the truth, when they find out what really happened to me after being banished from my family's gatherings, simply won't understand what the fuss was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Sexuality doesn't come into it. Josee's son took a girl to the prom.
    Well, it would have been at the heart of the prejudice in previous, narrow-minded times. The fact that we have advanced beyond the point that the first thing people used to think about in such a matter is sex, is real progress.
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 06-11-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Unfortunately most of us were born a generation or two too soon to enjoy this more enlightened age. It is still good to witness and know that future generations of Trans children will likely have a smoother go of it.
    Last edited by josee; 06-11-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Gold Member
    At least the TG of today have a fighting chance. How are those two doing anyways?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.