Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who has given up crossdressing?

who has given up crossdressing?

Does anyone know anyone who has completely given up the crossdressing/transgender lifestyle?
    I only know of one person who quickly went from occasional fetish dresser for parties-more mainstream dressing-heading down the full time path-then disappearance and the last I heard from him was that he had completely distanced himself from his female path and gone back to fully male. He may have gone back to it since, I just don't know. This person wasn't the best at responding to messages at the best of times.
    Otherwise, what is the longest time you have gone between dressing and what caused the urge to resurface?

Mel

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I've seen something very similar in the CD girlfriend who helped me get out the door. Same difficulty in communications, full time dressing, and finally total disappearance. She was quite active right here.

I don't believe to honestly give it up is possible.

Platinum Member
    Hi Princess, It's like the Mafia you just cant quit!!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

everyone hates a quitter... i know i couldn't do it. i want to dress as much as i can. i think the longest i went without dressing was about 3 weeks
    but that was a long time ago
    paula

Just get some T gel an rub it in ,, That will take the Wind Outta of your sails ,,lol,,,

Many people try new things: smoking, drinking, golf, etc. only to find out it's not for them. I'm sure there are people who tried crossdressing and the thrill just wasn't there to continue. Whether they were really crossdressers who quit or experimenters who moved on to something else is a debate I hope we don't have.

I didn't dress for 10 years.... It just faded away.... never even thought of it at all.... then my doctors found the reason.... a brain tumor .... and after being successfully treated my crossdressing came back with a vengeance! Still today if I slack off on my medication for a while.... I don't want to dress up.... Hormones really effect me more than I think... Chemically induced crossdressing! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Princess29 View Post
    Does anyone know anyone who has completely given up the crossdressing/transgender lifestyle?
    Since many, perhaps most men who crossdress don't tell a lot of people about it, it would be difficult to know who was a crossdresser but has given it up. A person who has given up crossdressing is unlikely to be posting on a crossdressing forum.

My guess is that there are many men who have tried crossdressing to some extent but then decided that it was not for them. There's no good way to tell though.

Of course, before we can find the answer, we would have to define the term "crossdressing". Is the man who went out dressed as a female to a Halloween party once a crossdresser? A man who played a female in a play or movie? A man or boy who tried on his wife's, mother's, or sister's panties and/or bra once a crossdresser? How about ten times?

On this forum, we have men who wear a pair of panties when nobody is looking all the way to men who live full time as females and have possibly had SRS. Where is the line drawn?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Just get some T gel an rub it in ,, That will take the Wind Outta of your sails ,,lol,,,
    I'm assuming you are talking about testosterone replacement medication? I use Androgel every day to increase my testosterone levels to near normal and it doesn't make my desire to dress go away. I used it this morning and I'm sitting here right now in panties, bra and forms, wig, a nice blouse and skirt.

If I am really sick, I often don't dress but I'll still wear a housedress and possibly panties.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Well, I guess it's time for me to confess on here that I haven't dressed in two years.
    Do I miss it...yes I do!
    Why did I quit? Guilt in hiding it from others and decided it was a dead end street for myself without a good ending.
    Also I have friends in another hobby that has always taken my interest.
    I think this "other interest" made it possible for me to get out.

So why am I still on here you ask?
    Because I enjoy seeing and reading about what could have been me, if I would have been born later in life when the internet was alive.
    I read on here the people that are happy about their dressing and also the ones that it has become a burden.
    God bless

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Princess, It's like the Mafia you just cant quit!!
    The good news is that nobody is apt to come by to break our kneecaps with a baseball bat either if any of us decides quit our unique "sorority".

If anything, the line of unaccepting wives and SO's anxious to cheer us on if we decide to do so is long and winding, and forms on the right.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    Hi Princess! I'm one of those who has "quit". By quitting, I mean I purged my fem articles of clothing and make-up. About three years ago, maybe? I did so for several reasons. The main reason however was my family and not wanting them ever to have to be embarrassed if I got caught. It's that simple.... no more, no less. It was a decision I made, based on what was right for me. Do I still desire to cross dress? Yes. Do I have urges? All the time. In my heart, I know I am a cross dresser... possibly even more transgendered than just CDing. While one might be able to give up the behavior or stop the activities of CDing... the wiring in our brains which causes the cross dressing is always there.

Why do I come here still then? Well I enjoy reading of the adventures that many here have and staying up to date with friends I've met. Just because I'm not cross dressing actively, doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't be friends with someone who does.

Just my

*Disclaimer... I have CDd on Halloween since purging. That's an annual thing which I can't get away from with friends who saw me do it for several years prior to the purge. However there is no shaving or forms involved. In fact there isn't even underwear/panties involved. My opinion here is that everyone has to do what's right for them... not anyone else.

I have certainly stopped for awhile in some cases a year or 2. I don't think I have ever lost the desire just the time and opportunity wasn't there so no panties I don't think the desire will ever go away.
    Also there have been times when I dressed for several days and grew tired of it. It was just too much hassle to bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I had to purge when I was twenty. I couldn't dress for three years. After I came home from the service my first purchases were a car, gas, skirt, panties, bra, girdle, nylons, slip, blouse. Basically CDing was all I thought about when I was in the service and couldn't wait to get back to it.

When I was actively chasing girls there could be a two to three month hiatus but as the novelty of a new girl waned so the urge came back.

Obviously the best way to give up X dressing is to find something REALLY interesting to occupy your mind.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've only known one CD who decided to quit. A few months and it was back to dressing and an admittance that quitting was a really bad idea.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Banned Read only
    I don't know if it is possible to have gone the full route of dressing en femme, and, then just one day purge everything and start collecting stamps or coins. It's not a hobby. I think that term is a rationalization of behavior the person is trying to justify.

When I was a teenager/very young adult I dabbled in crossdressing to the extent of wearing my mother's clothing. I did have some "sexual motivation" in crossdressing. I could never figure out why I liked wearing women's clothing, although as a single digit kid I did like the feel of my mother's nylon slips on my body. Maybe I liked sensual feeling clothing?

When I was drafted all interest in crossdressing was lost. I did not think of crossdressing. It wasn't just because there was a total lack of privacy living in fifty man barracks. I had no interest in it. I did not think of it. Actually, I had no interest in anything other than training to avoid getting killed by "Charlie."

I met my wife while in the military. My interest in crossdressing did not resurface. Before I proposed to her I did think about my past interest in crossdressing, but, from the viewpoint of whether I may be gay. In that time frame there was no internet and information available on anything sexual or sexual identity in nature. It was a very confusing time. I still had no interest in wearing women's clothing until a couple years into marriage when I tried on one of my wife's floor length nylon gowns. I loved the feeling.

I still do not understand why I am drawn to this. Can I live without it? I think I could. However, there is a stress relief component to crossdressing. I think a man who has not gotten too far into crossdressing may be able to find some other outlet for stress relief. There is some truth to those pictures of a guy sitting on a dock with a fishing pole, not really caring whether he ever catches anything. Me? I have a spot on the coast, where I am totally relaxed and into a world of my own. Yep, I think I could sit there and watch the sun sit into the horizon and never don a dress again.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 05-03-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

how does one give up who one is?
    someone can try and deny who they are but you can only be you when it comes down to it.
    yes there are some activities and friends where loni is not around.
    now if i could grow hair then loni could truly enjoy blasting a sport bike up a mt pass or down a canyon rd.
    but wigs and helmets do not mix. and the cheek pads in the bucket mess up my make-up.

but sometimes life needs can get in the way. job, family, bills, etc.

but at 53 i wish i could go back in time and take over my brat body at age 10. how lovely loni would be now.

but to just give up dressing....never. even when not putting on a dress/skirt/etc it has been so long now that i can not even remember the last time i had mens undies on. even my socks are ladies socks.
    last time i went in to buy the steel toed boots for work i walked up to the women's shoe rack and did not even know till the sales lady pointed this out. (as she pulled me away from them).

but if one was to stop dressing for a time would we even know about it? as the person would just not be posting here any more. (number of reason to stop posting here).

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    I had to purge when I was twenty. I couldn't dress for three years. After I came home from the service my first purchases were a car, gas, skirt, panties, bra, girdle, nylons, slip, blouse. Basically CDing was all I thought about when I was in the service and couldn't wait to get back to it.
    I know what you mean BillieJo. When i left home at 18 to go to college, i didnt dress for the 4 years i was there. While i missed it thought i was "growing" out of it. When i graduated and reported to my first assignment (Fort Hood Texas) it hit me all over again and the desire became insatiable. I drove to Austin and went wild. I spent a long time building my wardrobe. A few months later i met my "drag" mom who took me under her wing and taught me how to do make up, walk, talk, just be a proper girl. Two years later, i deployed to Iraq and, as i've told earlier, i purged all of my stuff as i didnt want my family to find out should something happen to me. While deployed, i didnt dress - obviously - and but thought deeply about it and the implications. When i returned, I spent a significant amount of my pay replenishing my wardrobe and not looking back. So yeah, I've quit but the desire and need pulled me back everytime. As a therapist once told me, being a crossdresser is not somehting you can choose to "quit" or not to be. Its like being an alcoholic - you always will be one, you simply choose not to dress. I quit twice and came back to it as soon as i could.
    Last edited by Sabrina133; 05-02-2013 at 11:33 AM.

After a few purges years ago I found out you can't quit....so now I quit trying to qiut!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NV Susan View Post
    After a few purges years ago I found out you can't quit....so now I quit trying to qiut!
    I heard that. I know its useless for me to try to quit and absolutely dont want to -- and neither does my SO - what can i say. .

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I do know someone who has indicated they lost interest after starting testosterone. "It just wasn't there anymore", they told me.

I have just started really am enjoying the feelings and satisfaction I am getting from it, kind of makes me realize maybe this is what I should have been into all along. I had always loved the experimentation but realizing this may be who I am.....

i believe it is totally impossible to quit.i hav tryed sooo hard.im coming of a 4 month quit.i want to stop because it has cost me so much pain. and still more to come.but i cant do it.in fact each time i quit i come back wanting to take it farther.its all so hard