Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: who has given up crossdressing?

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    As of five weeks ago I have given up crossdressing...Now I chose to live in the gender I was intended too from birth....while it isn't the same gender I was assigned at birth...Finally now I feel as though I am living right and correct as I should as Wendy and not that guy David...so yeah, I no longer crossdress.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

give up cding, no thanks
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Yup. I gave up crossdressing years ago. I stopped wearing men's clothes.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

While I don't believe it's something you can give up, in the same way that one can't stop being short or have blue eyes, I haven't had much connection with this area of my life (except for the sporadic visits here) for around 5 years now. It's not something that's gone from my sense of self but it's not something I feel the need to actively participate in to "relax" or to simple "be" me.

Perhaps it was never such a powerful force in my overall sense of being until I allowed it to, but realistically at this time in my life, I have a good number of things that take most of my time and focus so dressing isn't something I feel an urgency about... but who knows down the road when Jenn will start feeling neglected or devalued. I can't really say, but I can't say I lose any sleep over it and I'm not stressed about it.

jenn

Sure, it's like what Mark Twain said about smoking: "Giving it up is easy -- I've done it dozens of times".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

For me, I have actually quit. I didnt want to and I highly doubt it will last but I'm giving it my best shot for my wifes sake. Yes, it is at the cost of my own happiness which I know everyone disagrees with. In all honesty, I am just trying to make it past the end of May which is my 10 year anniversary. After that, I will be suggesting counseling. I personally don't think it can just go away. It makes up a part of who you are and helps shape and define your personality. I say I quit but in reality, it is more of a sabbatical lol. I love that part of myself and am not willing to give it up forever. I am hoping for some sort of compromise later on down the road once we are in counseling. Until then, I visit this site many times a day and live vicariously through you ladies. You all are how I get through the day. I hate to say I rely on you so heavily, but at the moment, you are the shoulder I lean on. Thank you all for being there for me. I love you all.

Other than extreme experiences, can anyone mention something as intensely limbic-lobe and hypothalamically pleasurable than cross dressing ?? Just the sensual alone can be quite overwhelming. I think this is the way certain drugs work with huge endorphin release.

How does one give that up ??? especially as it is much easier than most extreme experiences.

Hugs,

Flo-

I am probably not too far away from giving it up. At a minimum, I will probably be giving up this site first. I have spent a lot of time on here since I've joined, and read a lot. Found some very good discussions, and got a lot of answers, and tips. But, the more I read, the more I feel I don't belong here, and should probably be moving on.

Me
    This is too short, so I have to type some more but I don't know how many words I need is this enough?
    I am not who you think I am

After I started HRT, I lost all desire to cross dress or present as a woman. Plus it reduced my GD. The blue pill really works.

Some of us have testosterone toxicity. It's a best kept secret.
    http://www.avitale.com/TNote15Testosterone.htm

I tried to quit and it never lasts. The longest I went was maybe six months.

I tried that recently,the idea being that I was trying to be something I'm not.After 5 days I realized that I had it backwards. When I have to be in male mode is when I'm being something I'm not. Fortunately,I didn't purge. I dressed up and immediately felt good about myself again.I doubt if I'll try it again.Certainly no time soon.

Banned Read only
    Simple basic math. The # of CDing sites, [according to many who water here] the "many" places online selling "giant" high heels that very few females could possibly need [according to many here] give clear proof that a "large" percentage of men CD but most likely have ZERO need or desire to ever leave their house.

There IS nothing more ADDICTIVE than an O for a man. Evolution knows best. Most men CD as a vehicle to O. Even most of the regulars here won't deny that during some period of time, O's were a giant piece of the puzzle, but that they have since moved on.

More OR less.

IFFFFFFF one has ever used female clothing items to "get there", the chances of them completely giving it up are slim and none IMO. Unless and until they no longer have any drive at all.

Pavlov's dogs come to mind here. Makes perfect sense that so many members here become happy with "just the dressing" as they mature. A ringing bell can obviously be enough to trigger old "fond memories".
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 05-03-2013 at 02:27 AM. Reason: sp

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I dress less now that I never really think about quitting. Strange, I know.

Leanne, I have come to realise that I need to go completely cold turkey if I decide to head down the path of trying to stop. It would be hard though if for no other reason than we would see hundreds or even thousands of reminders everyday called.......women. Its either cold turkey or just completely out myself to everyone and let things fall where they may and deal with the consequences when the occur. This "neither here nor there, half and half stuff" will get me nowhere. Full time is not something I have the slightest desire to persue in any way, shape or form. I don't identify as gender dysphoric

I can honestly say, there is always a battle going on inside me. My male personal vs my Female persona. Sometimes the male wins, sometimes the female wins. Ive thought of giving all of it up, but all it takes is to look at a girl who is good looking and is a great dresser and i wish i could be her. Its something ive dealt with since i could remember. Recently ive come to terms with it. Keep the girl and the guy happy. Keep the girl happy by keeping my femenine figure and allowing myself to be a girl and keep the guy happy by realizing that what matters most is my mental and physical health.

I have temporarily not fully dressed in a while. The feelings are still there to dress. My SO has asked why and the reason I explain is that I am super busy/new job stressors etc. But mostly because it's my activities i.e. wood splitting, chores and maintaining the house and my hobbies. Once it gets warm I will be soon be outside sitting on my patio on my vacation, dressing and enjoying gurl time. Big picture, I seen woman at work wearing certain outfits and the connection is there mentally. Colors of the nails to tights and skirts thinking on how it would look on me etc. //Kara//
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If you dress for fetish reasons it may be possible to quit. But I think for a true cd it is part of who they are. It may be possible to suppress it temporarily, but it will never go away. Or at least for me it never did. I am who I am, and I am a crossdresser.
    Erica

Tried and failed miserably (to my total delight).
    I think the longest I've ever gone without dressing is about 3 months. Those darn purge/buy cycles didn't last long, but there were quite a few when I was younger. Now that I've been out to my spouse totally for almost 10 years I don't go a day anymore without being me and I can't see a time when I would want things to be different.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Its been over a year for me since I stopped.

Aspiring Member
    I have quit being an active CD several times. The first time was when I enlisted in the Air Force. It was a four year tour and I didn't dress fem for the first 2 1/2 years. Then I was assigned to a remote location that didn't have barracks. We all had to rent something in town. Well that was my opening and soon I had purchased a wardrobe of women's clothing. But I purged that when I got married. But the urge to dress was too strong so the cycle would start all over again. I finally quit being a CD for good in 2008 when I realized that I am a transgender woman. Now, when I dress up I don't consider it cross-dressing. I'm just dressing like a normal woman. And other than an unfortunate birth defect, I am a woman. Leanne

I quit smoking. I can't stop dressing it feels soooooo right. Dressing causes me a lot stress and pain wife doesn't understand.

give up? why on earth would I ever want to give up? It's been too good to me to give up now.

I must say, NOBODY!!

I have been crossdressing on a more or less weekly basis for the last 5 years. Last year I ruptured my Achilles tendon and during the recovery, I did not dress for around 6 months and didn't really miss it at all. For a variety of reasons, I've been winding down my crossdressing activities for a couple of months now with the ultimate goal being the end of all my crossdressing behaviors. During that period I've had a bucket list of things I wanted to do before I declared an end. I am now within one crossdressing session of calling it quits. This week I had to choose between crossdressing or doing some mods to my new Dodge Charger. The Charger won so it looks like next week will be my last crossdressing session. I now how hard it is to quit. Will it really be my last session? Time will tell but I consider what happened this week to be a sign that it can be done.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha