Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: who has given up crossdressing?

I didn't for a long time. And I imagine I could stop if I wanted to. I don't think it's a compulsion. If, for example, I decided to sell everything and just travel for a while, I'd probably minimize it or quit, just due to the limitations of space. But there would need to be something outside the norm that I was doing, I think, or it'd be unlikely to stick.

Honestly, though, I like the tension between the two social standards, so why stop?

If it's causing a problem for you, however, well, you need to think about what is important and what is true to yourself, I imagine.

have not done anything in several years..is that quitting?...it never goes away..i really would never quit because i know i would be miserable...

If I decided to stop, I would have to go completely cold turkey and the thing that is the most unappealing aspect to that is the cost of replacing everything but also the hassle of replacing some things that are very difficult to replace. My sister suggested if wanted to try it out, I could pack everything up and store it at her place. She knows all about Melissa and lives 100klms away. That would be a good middle ground if I decided to get back into it. I would have to find something else to occupy my time and thought processes also

CD or TG just gradients of the same thing in my mind. I do think its possible for some of us to push back the urge depending where we are on the spectrum. Just my opinion so please don't get upset if you don't agree. I'd love to hear it btw as other viewpoints are how we learn. I will never give up some aspect of it but pushed it away many times. It always seems too come back to one degree or another. --ChanDelle

Aspiring Member

not necessarily

Quote Originally Posted by ~Leanne~ View Post
    though by doing that I'm already admitting defeat as they are there for when I need them,,,, I dont know, maybe it is impossible!!!???
    Nothing is impossible, and you are not admitting defeat.. It isn't a battle but something we do in life. Often times there simply is not time to do everything and some things get set aside out of necessity. But storing your things is financially a good plan. Right now there are other things in your life that are more necessary that dressing.
    I quit smoking several times and after a year of two went back--once by celebrating that I had quit for so long, by having a cigarette. It came right back.
    about 20 years ago I heard a story about a guy who late one night wanted a cig, but didn't want to go out in a strange city to look for smokes. He said to himself I've been wanting to stop so I think I'll just stop smoking. Psychologically he wasn't quitting, just stopping. One night when I was out of gigs, I remembered the story and said to myself, I'll just stop smoking. That was 15 years ago, I didn't miss it from the time I got up the next morning to this very minute and I started when I was 18 and smoked for more or less for 37 years. Occasionally I smell a good cig and think it smells good but it hasn't pushed to start again. Good thing too, because a few years ago I developed lung cancer and lost a lung.
    It is possible to stop--quitting has BAD psychological meanings--and do other things. Hobbies are good substitutes or rekindle any former interest. I think a lot of what we do stems from just wanting to do it, not from a total need. I get catalogs and that gets my interest up to look at clothes and then bamm I buy something. I only took this up again about the time I turned 60 or so, so there were many years that I was not even thinking about it.
    Good luck
    JUST a crossdresser

For me Cding is a massive release of endorphines or happy hormones. These in themselves are a drug. I have an addictive personality, drink, cigarettes, marijuana and CDing. I can leave the drink alone when I need to CD, but I cant stop thinking about CDing. Its better to cut down on the drink a few nights of the week so I need to replace drink with CDing. Therefore I don't even want to try to stop now that I have embraced this necessary femme side of myself and finally feel without guilt.

During my marriage my amount of time enfemme went down dramatically, but I never put it away, purged a few times, but the urge was always there and I love wearing clothes that were made for moi.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

It's never been a lifestyle, more of a crutch. The longest was I think about seven years while dating and being married to my ex wife; seems when in a good relationsh ip I can keep the dress monster at bay. Of course after the cat was out of the bag and ex wife went nuts (ending in a nasty divorce), the desire to crossdress pushed me over the edge of the cliff, and I've been plummeting down into the frilly abyss ever since.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I went through the purge,and stopped 3 years ago. My wife had found out about my CD ing the year before. She didn't like it,but tolerated it. I had it pretty good too. The SAs at the local Dress Barn used to love when I came in,and I would literally spend up to 2 hours trying on all the dresses they'd keep bringing out. I also used to fully dress and go to the local Merle Norman at least twice a month for facials,pedis,waxwings,makeovers etc. However when my wife caught me answering an online ad posted by a GG( at least that's what the ad said) it was the beginning of the end. I vowed to try and give it up. Ironically at the same time the Merle Norman closed down & the SAs at Dress Barn left. I went through a full purge and donated everything to charity. Several thousand dollars worth. However,since then I bought an item here and there,but am now back in hiding.Haven't fully dressed in over 3 years and still miss it ! In fairness to my DW she tolerated it to the degree that I was able to wax my legs and experience the complete Kristy. Trips to Dress Barn,Merle Norman etc were allowed and I had my own closet. I even went out a few times dressed to a lesbian bar and was accepted.Everything was fine until I pushed the envelope too far,and tried to take it to a new level with a GG( my wife wanted no part of it,and didn't want to see it) I ruined a good thing,and will always be a cross dresser even with my limited inventory. And I do have to say that dressing for a GG was the ultimate,as was going out fully dressed. I'd probably do it again if given the chance. I lived the dream !!