Thread: Cross Dressing Day

Cross Dressing Day

At a family dinner last night my 17 year old granddaughter told us her high school was having "cross dressing day" next week. She was going to dress up as a "dude" {as she put it} and was very excited about it.
    I'm not sure what got the schools into this, but I'm thinking it should have a positive effect on gaining us some acceptance.
    I sure wish my high school had done this back in my day!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Some have done this in the past.
    Maybe it is making a comeback.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    I went to a All Boys High School, (Catholic) The thought of wearing anything fem was
    treason. Even the lady sectary in the office wore slacks. That was very unusual for the early 60's.
    Rader

I really think it would be tough on me as a High School male to dress as there are some very cruel students in the high schools now days. My parents would have thrown a fit if that happened in the 60's . Too many labels of kids given already in the schools by other students and teachers to some very undeserving students and this might cause some teasing and other bullying.....I love that the Cd's will get some recognition but not at a kids expense. The girls can always dress like the guys but the other way around in school can be hurtful...Just depends if the "In-crowd kids will also be doing it". Just my 2 cents.

girly girl
    When I was in High School, hopeful pre-members of the "Key Club" (all male service club) had to wear a dress and a big key hung around their neck for a day. Sort of a hazing thing. And we had a girls-ask-guys-to-a-dance dance. But we sure never had crossdressing day!

I never crossdressed in high school but I sure did in college, good old USF (University of South Florida)! It was the best! 95% of the students and faculty were fairly neutral and some even applauded me for coming out. I am quite sure there were many staff and students who were in the closet. I hope I was a small bit of inspiration for them. Now the remaining 5% where quite militant and I was even spat upon by a sign holding religious zealot who was hell bent on letting me know what his god thought of me. All in all, I wish I had come out in high school. I would have probably got the crap kicked out of me but maybe other would have been come out too.

I hope your granddaughter's event goes off with a lot happiness and acceptance, but there are those out there that would just as soon see these acts of random acceptance stop -NOW!

http://gods-wr.ath.cx/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1618
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

What an excellent school event! Unfortunately, such a thing never would have went over at a Catholic high school. The ordained faculty had difficulties coping with homecoming week's "Dress Down Days" where we were allowed to wear any non-denim slacks, any non-uniform collared shirt and non-sneaker shoes we chose. The girls could even wear slacks! What a revolutionary and risque thing, huh?

What I would have given to be allowed to spend a day wearing a girl's school uniform!!!

Wow,things sure have changed since I was a kid.I think it's great.If we'd had something like that maybe I'd have realized who I was sooner.Though I will say that in junior high drama club,me and another guy wore dresses for a play we were in.It brought the house down,but little did they know I enjoyed it more than they did.

I grew up around people just like this. My own mom spent an hour a few months ago trying to convince me these are the "last days". My eyes rolled back in my head so far I could actually see my thoughts rolling their eyes.

My teabagger dad is preparing for when "things get bad".

I can say from personal experience, because most of my family are religious zealots, that these people are crazy as a super villain. I called them simple minded once when I was a kid, but my dad got pretty ticked off about that. ;-)

We all need to do what we can to make sure these people don't legislate their warped morality onto us.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Melissa

I have two adult children, one married. I am truly fearful that society as we know won't be here for their children, We are becoming two nation's. Us and them, and it doesn't matter whether you are us or them, you simply won't be included in one.

There was a poll that came out today where nearly 29% of registered voters believe we are headed toward an armed revolution. I will leave it to your imagination where the sensibilities of the 29% lie.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I went to high school in the 90's. We had "Opposite Day", which was basically crossdressing day. I made the last minute decision to participate. I went over to a neighbor girl's house in the morning before the bus picked us up. I told her I needed something to wear for opposite day. She wished I had stopped by the day before so we'd have a little more time. But we only had like 5 minutes before the bus came, so she hastily grabbed a skirt from her closet and I put it on. It was a long floral skirt. It was kinda drab, but it was a skirt nonetheless. I wore it with my guy t-shirt and guy shoes and headed to school.

To my benefit, I had 1st hour study hall and sat at a table with a girl who just hapened to be in a cosmotology class and just happened to have her makeup kit with her. She offered do do my makeup. I glady accepted! A lot of guys dressed up as girls that day. Most just wore one item like a dress. Very few went all out with makeup, wig, etc. But looking back, I could have gotten away with a lot more that day.

OT - Radar: Notre Dame?

It is a lot of fun to think about, but if they had done this in my high school I wouldn't have participated. I was picked on enough without them seeing this too.
    Stephanie

We did have a cross dressing day It was called Halloween! I dressed at school one year. I just went basic Halloween drag but it was so much fun because I got to spend the whole day wearing a wig a stuffed bra, a mini-skirt and top, heels, stockings and my girlfriend did my makeup! No one cared!

I'm really surprised that a school would do this in this day and age when they are getting rid of Christmas and Easter celebrations and many parents hold their children out of Halloween and Valentine's day parties.

The problem for an actual crossdresser in a situation like this is that he will likely do too good a job of crossdressing and out himself. The average teen age boy (or man for that matter) doesn't have a pair of silicone breast forms, padded panties, and a female wig lying around the house.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Generally, a "cross-dressing" day usually means something more like halloween costumes. Boys will wear dresses but won't try to look really good in them. Girls will wear boys pants and shirts, but won't try to "pass". As a result, it becomes a bit of a joke for everybody. When a boy does to a really good job of passing and looking like a beautiful girl at such events, it often makes him a target, even though he may or may not be transgendered or GLBT.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    We all need to do what we can to make sure these people don't legislate their warped morality onto us.
    Of course, the other side feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Of course, the other side feels the same way.
    Yes but in this case I'm referring specifically to the people commenting in the CD Day link and unfortunately for them, our constitution protects us from a theocracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Aspiring Member

Re legislation...

Unfortunately the "other side" feels that the Bill of Rights is out of date, except for #2. Tolerance is not a word in their vocabulary.

Sigh,
    Sandra1746

Quote Originally Posted by NV Susan View Post
    At a family dinner last night my 17 year old granddaughter told us her high school was having "cross dressing day" next week. She was going to dress up as a "dude" {as she put it} and was very excited about it.
    I'm not sure what got the schools into this, but I'm thinking it should have a positive effect on gaining us some acceptance.
    I sure wish my high school had done this back in my day!!
    I did this in high school. I thought it was quite fun. I had long hair at the time which I put in pigtails and made some fake boobies out of paper towel. Most people seemed to enjoy it.

It came about because our school decided to have a costume day, and the student representatives proposed this. We didn't really have religious nutters at our school (and bullying was quite rare). Yes, there's lots of people with religious views, but they tend to just live and let live.

- Becky

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post

The problem for an actual crossdresser in a situation like this is that he will likely do too good a job of crossdressing and out himself. The average teen age boy (or man for that matter) doesn't have a pair of silicone breast forms, padded panties, and a female wig lying around the house.
    Would the "actual teenage cross dresser boy" have forms, padded panties, or a wig? Well maybe a wig....but as a teenage cross dresser I was lucky to have a skirt or panties to wear. Guess with the Internet now it's easier for teenagers to acquire thing now.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams