Thread: Lost desire

Lost desire

For some reason I Hv no desire anymore to dress fully. Before my divorce a yr ago I thought I was a woman . then for a short period of a 3-4 months after we seperatedWas in therapy started telling family an friends. Most accepted. Then everything slowly faded away. Just dont no why . Anyway thought I'd post whats on my mind. Kinda miss being girly but no ambition

Hey there! You're not alone!!! Many of us have experienced that, myself included and recently. But just give it time...you went thru a tremendous amount recently. If you don't CD any more then it is meant to be...just carry on and I wish you good luck!!

Joan,
    I can't really relate as I have dressed for over 50 years. During my 30 year plus marriage I rarely dressed, but that certain feeling never left me and now I dress enfemme about 95% of the time. Best wishes and time will work things out...all for the best I hope. HUGZ...you have many friends here and they are willing to help.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

do you have any history of depression? loss of interest in things you used to derive pleasure from is a symptom of depression. i'm no psychiatrist mind you, just someone who has first hand experience with it. also, i'm on meds for it, which sometimes lowers libido, and can also lead to decreased desire to dress. hope that was helpful joan, keep your chin up!

Depressed a little . Usually dressing always made me feel better. Hope to figure out soon what the deal is. Once in while I think I'd like to but then im like whats the point.

Quote Originally Posted by sandybaby View Post
    do you have any history of depression? loss of interest in things you used to derive pleasure from is a symptom of depression. i'm no psychiatrist mind you, just someone who has first hand experience with it. also, i'm on meds for it, which sometimes lowers libido, and can also lead to decreased desire to dress. hope that was helpful joan, keep your chin up!

Let me second this suggestion, as I know from personal experience that Depression affects all types of desire, including the desire to CD. After I got some effective treatment, my desire came back stronger than ever. Take some time, get some help, and see what happens.

A divorce is on of the most traumatic things you can go through, losing a spouse to divorce is almost as bad as losing one period. That kind of stress really messes with your head and hear. Take it one step at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

I've gone through periods of 3-4 months not wanting (or desiring) to dress. Usually been when life was throwing a lot at me. Soon as things settled down, Misty subtly reappeared. Also, when I've had time away to dress for long periods of time, I start to care less about it and take a few days off. Always rebound.

It might be depression, or simply a natural phase you're going through where the new wore of and the normal is setting in. I see you mentioned seeing a therapist, so hopefully you've shared this with her/him.

I had a nine year break once. The urge came back, stronger than ever. Now, I'm not sure that I haven't moved to another level beyond just crossdressing.
    Last edited by steftoday; 05-02-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Joan

We all go through different segments of our lives that sometimes make no sense. If I may, does your username Joan21 have anything to do with your age. At 21, I had no interest in dressing - it was not a part of my life. At 25, dressing became the catalyst for a divorce.

At 66, I really like Miki and glad she is around.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

33 actually. Thanks ladies I hvnt seen my therapist for bout 7 months as moneywas short but UN going back.this month

Stress will do things to people. Life situations upend everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sandybaby View Post
    i'm on meds for it, which sometimes lowers libido, and can also lead to decreased desire to dress. hope that was helpful joan, keep your chin up!
    The meds or less testosterone sure can make a difference. Those who start HRT may experience less cross dressing instead of more as would be expected. My cross-dressing came to a screeching halt when I started HRT. Joan, maybe you could have your testosterone level checked. Perhaps there is an underlying physical reason for not cross dressing, which can happen when libido is low.

I've had that happen a few times,but it's never lasted more than a few days and has always come back stronger than before.Just take it a day at a time and go with your heart.Barbara

Could it be reduced stress and personal acceptance? ...its what happened to me, after I opened up some and let loose and learned that I'm not crazy, the compulsiveness has gone and the desire is less, but its still enjoyable...just no real need to do it.
    Chickie

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm sure you know that depression can be a medical condition or simply a situation condition. It's hard to enjoy CDing when you have a lot of other stuff on your mind. Seems to me that stress and other unresolved problems can really affect anyone's libido. Hopefully that's all that's bugging you.

Have you hooked up with someone else.
    This is the greatest dampener of all for cutting back on dressing.
    Lasts about three months and comes back with a vengeance when the novelty of a new girlfriend wears off.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Been there myself. I think right now you just have too much going through your mind. Time to take a step back, take a deep breath and it will sort its self out. If you have to need to dress it will come back naturally.
    Erica