Thread: Walking

Walking

I am having trouble walking in a feminine way. My wife is trying To help me but it is not pretty. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any videos anywhere?
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 05-03-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Suzanne, your wife is probably your best help....watching girls walking and trying to copy them might also help.
    Just don't give up....it'll come to you......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Take shorter steps than you normally would and try to walk a little like a catwalk model one foot behindeach other as you step out.
    Trying ths means you will not walk with splayed or spread out feet each time.
    Practice and looking at women walk will give you the idea.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's a little late in the season now, but following footprints with a little snow on the ground helps. Step on the print with focus on stride and how the toe is pointed.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

I am a 6'2" guy and just don't look good walking and I take some giant strides but have focused on it more and practiced walking taking shorter steps. This seems to help especially with the taller heels. I have fell a couple times in heels but still love them, so what just a little sprained ankle can't hurt long......lol

5'6" here my walk is somewhat feminine, I guess that I was born that way . After many years od "dressing" three inch heels can give me a pain(in the rear) from time to time.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

This has been posted a lot of times but I think its really useful
    Cath
    http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

Just stop 'trying'. That's your male aspect analyzing. Relax. Give in. Drop the pretending we were all inculcated with from way back when, growing up girls as boys from time immemorial it seems. So yeah...instead let 'him' go. Embrace your stronger self. Your innate femininity. All the rest follows from that more correct in-synch mindset. Naturally. Walking talking and the million and one things that we as girls bring....effortlessly. Don't worry hun, you'll see. Just.............relax, don't worry. Awww...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne F View Post
    I am having trouble walking in a feminine way. My wife is trying To help me but it is not pretty. Dies anyone have any suggestions? Any videos anywhere?
    Suzanne
    Someone here once said, walk like you're holding a golf ball between your thighs. That helped me. Legs closer together, try to walk a tight rope, head up, shoulders back. Practice.

Banned Read only
    YouTube has a lot of instructional videos showing how to take on female mannerisms; walking, sitting, etc.

Good advice. Mine is similar, take smaller steps and walk slower. Practice at home by walking all over the house especially in heels, which will slow you down anyway. With the heels try to get into a rhythm of swaying your hips. All this time exaggerate what you are doing. Later, once you get the more natural feel for it stop exaggerating and you will be there. Listen to the sound of your shoes hitting the hard floor and pavement trying to reduce the sound to something more natural. I don't like when some of my shoes, heels, slap down on to the sidewalk when walking. It sounds unnatural to me. I think that is because of the way I place my foot down when walking naturally and in deep conversation.

Also when walking watch the swing of your arms and hands. Keep your elbows closer to your waist, which is more feminine and also keeps them from swinging so much. You do need your arms to swing (small arcs), otherwise you will look like a robot walking! I like to carry my purse on my left shoulder and squeeze it a bit with my upper arm. That basically takes that arm out of most movements when walking and I only have to worry about my right one. That is easier for my old brain to remember.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 05-05-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Another option is to find a theatre group that might help teach you.

Get a nice high heel....at least 5 inches. It forces you to walk a certain way. You are almost forced to take smaller steps. Dont try to make big strides. Sway your hips just slightly when putting one foot in front of the other. Like Beverly said with the catwalk. Watch models walk on the runway and attempt to emulate them.

My son called me out the other day because I was wearing a pair of not so feminine flats that my wife allows me to wear. He said "Dad, why are you walking funny? Are you ok?" I was like "ya, Im fine. Why?" He said, "you just look like youre moving your hips back and forth like there is something wrong with your legs. You are walking like Mommy." I just laughed at him and was like Waahh?? I didnt even realize I was doing it. Made me feel confident that I knew how to walk as a woman, but also a little too self aware with my kids watching lol. They dont know what I do. My son is 9 lol. Bloody observant kid!

girly girl
    I'll second the support for this animation. I study it often and try to mimic the female setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by KitCat View Post
    This has been posted a lot of times but I think its really useful
    Cath
    http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

I watch and observe and them I go home and try to mimic what I saw.

Just guessing. Try shoving a tennis ball down your pantyhose and position in the inside of the thigh. It simulates wider stance; keeps the knees a bit farther apart. Now bring the feet together in a straight line and walk like a model.
    And look like you are in pain which you probably are. Only young models can use that scowling facial expression, however.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyKelly View Post
    The difference between walking like a cowboy and like a pretty girl is your elbow and hand position.
    A cowboy walks with his elbows out and his hands in and palms facing back.

A pretty girl walks with her elbows in her hands out and palms facing forward.

A swing of the hips is noticeable in both walks
    I think Gallagher (the comedian) pointed this out once. He even demonstrated by walking across the stage, switching his arms back and forth. "Cowboy...lady at a party...cowboy...lady at a party..."

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne F View Post
    I am having trouble walking in a feminine way. My wife is trying To help me but it is not pretty. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any videos anywhere?
    Suzanne
    You're fighting biology; your body's not made to walk like they do; you have to really force yourself to do it, and do it A LOT. One foot IN FRONT of the other, even a bit more to the opposite side; watch models in heels walk the runway, they cross their feet over to the opposite side as they walk and make it look almost natural (because their hips are wider they can do this much easier than males can). Put your heels on and walk the longest straight area in your house like the models do a runway. Stop like they do, turn and do the same. Rinse and repeat a few thousand times, and you'll eventually get it. You can even put a fulll length mirror at each end of your 'runway' to keep yourself on track, like professional dancers do, to perfect every movement. It's not easy, but you can do it if you really put your mind to it. Like anything else, persistance pays off.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The trouble with the walking thing could be the shoes. Are you wearing heels, and if so how high is the heel????? there was an old method that was used to train girls in how to walk (actually glide into a room) and that was putting a book on the top of your head and walking with it without having it fall. Did it work???? I think it did to some extent.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

My walk has always, always been feminine. I've gotten some snide remarks by men all my life. Some women said they wish they had my walk. Just something natural for me in or out of high heels.

You should talk with your wife or other women, who know you of course and get some advice and pointers. Even though, like the old saying says, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ... well it isn't always the 'right' thing to do.

Every woman walks a bit different and every woman is different in so many ways. You should definitely find "your walk" and be yourself.
    "Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions.", Jules Michelet, French historian
    Take care and God bless, Josie06[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I perfected it by starting with low heels and working my way up. Wearing boots helps too especially if your feet keep slipping out of the shoes. Also I watched fashion shows a lot. Tara Banks was great to learn off a. Balance and baby steps. That your time.

Somebody said "walking is controlled falling." That's how guys walk. If you feel yourself falling onto your feet, stop that. And don't swing your shoulders, stand up straight and keep legs together.

I carry a shoulder bag over my left shoulder, and find it helpful to carry something in my left hand above waist level. Then I tuck my right elbow into my waist and let my lower arm swing slightly outward with my thumb forward. Keep the shoulders from moving around too much. It doesn't take long to become fairly automatic when in girl mode.

Lipstick Lez at heart! celtic.blue.eyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duana View Post
    Someone here once said, walk like you're holding a golf ball between your thighs. That helped me. Legs closer together, try to walk a tight rope, head up, shoulders back. Practice.
    Yup, that's the right idea. But rather than a golf ball, put a nickel between your thighs up high, and keep it there as you walk, one foot in front of the other. The "cowboy walk" disappears, and the hips will sway. Try it.
    God's finest work of art is that of a beautiful woman.

Tie an imaginary string to the top of your head. Walk as if the string is pulling you up, but also as if it is a weak string that you have to careful not to break with sudden movements. And when you step, its your hip that starts the movement. Wear heels when practicing and walk with the weight on your toes.
    Chickie