Thread: Well the doctor knows now....

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem

Well the doctor knows now....

So i have a cardiologist consultation this morning to discuss a previous test. Thinking there was no reason for an EKG, I wore Barbs undies under my boy cloths....sure enough when i get there they want to do another EKG (for those that dont know what that is, they put a bunch of stickers and wires to your chest) I asked iff i needed to take my shirt off, thinking i could take my bra and fsmall forms off, no we can just pull your shirt up. Taking a deep breath, i pulled it up and laid back. Verbally she was composed, but she did a couple double takes and then went to work.

So, my cardiolgist and his nurse now know. No fuss, no freaking out, just went with it. It is nice when people are. At least polite and professional.

When i go back in a couple months, peerhaps Barb will go in my place.

All this to say, be who you are, no, not everyone will accept you as a CD or what ever title you prefer, but if we all stay in hidding, we will never gain any acceptance

Barbara

Gold Member
    You are a brave one; I think I would have freaked out.
    Now for the next visit, maybe a red Bra???
    Rader

My doctor knows because I asked him if my cross dressing could possibly have started because of my radical prostatectomy. He has asked me if I was taking hormones because I don't have body hair ( I use an epilator) and my face was so smooth.
    His nurse knows because I had a problem with my right foot and removed the red nail polish from just that foot before going in to have it checked out. When I said it looked different than the toe on my other foot she said "let me see your left foot". I pulled off my shoe and sock and said "Don't be shocked, I didn't think I would have to take this one off".
    Both my family doctor and my urologist have talked with me several times about my cross dressing after I told them about it.
    It's no big deal with any of them.

Suzi Q

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    If you were wearing a bra and forms chances are that they knew long before they decided to do the EKG.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    You have reminded me of a time I went for what I thought was just a talk with my doctor about a vasectomy. I didn't think an exam would be needed, but guess what? before we even began to talk about the procedure he got to see my panties!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

A few months ago my doctor sent me for blood work, I went the next day and was going underdressed with pantyhose and panties, half way out the door I changed my mind and undressed. When I arrived there the nurse told me my doctor also required me to do a heart test. I laid on the table and she started sticking things on my chest and I was saying to my self I would have been ok even underdressed and then she lifted the bottom of my pant leg and put one of those stickers on my ankle. My heart started beating fast and then I was thinking to myself that she was going to in for a surprise if I didn't get changed. I think I didn't do to good on that test.

Back in early 70's in graduate school one of the male students who had worked in a Dr's office told that you'd be surprised how many guys come in wearing panties and anything else you might not expect, but they always treated everyone the same no matter what they were wearing.
    Chelle

I use the excuse of the EKG stick on probes to shave all over now. First time they ripped hair out chest & legs. Sort of like an eliplator.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Silver Member
    I don't understand why so many cross dressers feel the need to underdress when going to the doctors. Why do it? Is it extra exciting if a nurse notices your panties or bra? If you want them to know you dress as a woman why not just go all out and present outwardly as a woman so they can see what u do up front and don't have to be in for the surprise when they lift your shirt or ask you to pull your pants down ? They may have to act professional when they see what you have on underneath but I bet a lot of them find it rather creepy.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    If you want them to know you dress as a woman why not just go all out and present outwardly as a woman so they can see what u do up front and don't have to be in for the surprise when they lift your shirt or ask you to pull your pants down ?
    I agree. In fact, I'm going to see my Doctor monday morning, and I'm seriously considering going fully dressed, presenting as a woman as best I can. I'm already out to him, and I guess it'll show I'm serious. And it will be hilarious to start his week out with something so unexpected - since he's only known me as a guy for 30 years or so...

It's funny. After totally melting down this week after finding out I'd been outed a bunch (thus the reason my doctor visit), I'm finding I really don't care what other people think...

I agree with the creepy bit Arbon.
    In your case it is clear cut what is going on, but in my case it is playtime.
    Underdressing that is.
    When going for an examination I present as a man no frills at all, and the doctor can do a diagnosis based on what he sees.
    If you present a little out of character, he may think you are not being honest with him.
    I take medication religiously for blood pressure about eighty percent of the time and I tell my doctor so.
    This is reflected in my blood pressure readings which can vary widely.
    At least he knows why my BP is high sometimes and normal others.

You do not need to distract the doctors or otherwise confuse them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Arbon's post has me thinking. I haven't worn male underwear for years, so always wear panties and usually a bra. When I'm due for a chest exam or X-ray, I do ask if I need to remove my bra, and I've never had a negative reaction (meaning yes, you should take it off). I have gone dressed to the Dr.s office (not for my physicals, although my physician knows I cd), and some of the staff know me both ways.

So maybe it's time to just say OK, this is me.... which is what I do when I go to my lady dentist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member
    I've been wearing panties for years. Whenever I have my annual physical the nurse will hand me a johnny and tell me to change and leave the room. So I'll stuff them in a pant leg. I had an EKG and only had to strip to my waist so therefore, no bra. Now for the rest of the story. I have a friend who is an EKG tech and who knows about me. She has told me that usually medical professionals have seen people like us very often and they're used to it. There are probably many more closeted CD's than we know. Besides, workers in these professions are supposed to act professional, and of course maintain confidentiality.

Cheryl

I don't think the care givers care about personal dress attire - I know (my wife's a nurse) they have seen it all; however I was stationed in a hospital ER as security guard and heard it all from them - so it does get around - I try to be descrete if I go to Dr. or hospital - either way no worrie........................Debra

I go for an ultrasound in august and I''ll ask for which one I'm scheduled for and underdress. Which will probably be panties and peds.
    Ive had all three ultrasounds on my arterys so it don't make much difference. My cardioligst and his PA have both seen my breasts and
    haven't said anything about them.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    One physical I had to strip down to my underwear all the nurse said nice color @ yes they were panties.Didn't phase her on bit.

One of the nurses I used to work with works for my cardiologist. She doesn't know about Billie Jean and I'm not wanting to let her know. She is one of the most gorgeous women I know and we are real close friends. Billie Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    One of the nurses I used to work with works for my cardiologist. She doesn't know about Billie Jean and I'm not wanting to let her know. She is one of the most gorgeous women I know and we are real close friends. Billie Jean
    If you let her know, you could become girlfriends and maybe even go shopping together- something to consider...
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I agree with Arbon and find this a bit imposing, after all the medical staff has no choice in the matter so it is not really acceptance. Doctors would like to know your history however, but there's a better way to inform them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    If you let her know, you could become girlfriends and maybe even go shopping together- something to consider...
    Having worked closely with her for years and noting some of the things we've seen I'm sure that would not be the case. Billie Jean

No problem, especially if they were a neutral color.

Its amazing, the medical profession in general, takes out of the norm in stride. I have been dressing for over a year 24/7, being who I really am, and out of habit got dressed to go to my doctor's appointment. As we were talking, I realized my attire about the time the Dr. noticed them, complimented me on my blouse. At the end of her interview, and letting me know of pending blood work, she said "oh, The nurse will be in to do an EKG shortly. EEK. Knew what was next. Stripped down to panties with stockings down to my ankles, waiting for the nurse. She walked in, put the probes on me, did the test, un-hooked and left the room telling me I could get dressed, never batting an eye. As I'm checking my hair, she popped her head in the door, told me to pick up my next appointment card up front, smiled and said, " you look pretty", and that the test was good. Thanked her for both, got my next appointment set and the referral for bloodwork, no one there appeared taken back. And this was the first time the staff saw me as who I really am. Smiled almost all afternoon.

Bobbi
    Last edited by BOBBI G.; 05-08-2013 at 05:51 AM.

So I guess the general concensus is, if you don't care, then they don't either. I'm gonna say that they may be professional about it, but don't think for a minute that they're not talking and telling others in the office about it. I've been around nurses enough to know.