Thread: Whoops!

Whoops!

Just got back from Walmart & realized I charged three shirts, a skirt and a skirt hanger to the wrong card - the company card.

First thing tomorrow, tell whomever cardholders have to account to that you were out shopping with wife/GF/sister/whatever, and you were going to pay and accidentally used the wrong card. Just act like it was an innocent mistake and don't make a big deal about it. Don't obsess, it will draw undue attention.

Rhonda

Expense it! Must have items.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    Expense it! Must have items.
    That crossed my mind. Not sure if that would expense to supplies, or entertainment.
    Maybe health maintenance - maintaining sanity while working in the field.

Business men have argued, and won, that hookers are a business expense. Enjoy the clothes.

You can always fix that, get cash in hand before you go into work and go in and tell them what you did... I totally agree with Rhonda act like it was a mistake while you were with your wife, GF, or Daughter....and apologize. Most employers won't say a thing..... Better you catch it and fix it than have them call you in later and ask why these were charged on company card. Just be more careful next time....

I made that mistake once too. I returned to the store. Returned the items (to document the return) and repurchased the items using a different card. Things were in good shape when the account statement appeared.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go in with cash pay it and tell them it was a mistake.Get a written paid in full receipt.
    You could do the return thing too just get the receipt as well and turn it in and explain the mistake.
    I had the same thing happen one time I just paid the cash and nothing was said.
    They did commend be for being honest.

It has already been explained.
    I think you go back to Walmart with the receipt and both cards and get the transaction reversed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks Everybody.

It was easy enough. Stopped in after work with my receipt and told customer service my mistake.
    She reversed all of the charges and applied them to my personal card.
    Glad I happened to catch the mistake, would have been embarrassing when the statement comes in to accounting.