Thread: Compromises to save a mariage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I sometimes wonder where I fit in this whole mess. I may be able to live a bi-gendered life. But I know how hard it would be to do so. Living in the middle would be very difficult and confusing to those I interact with daily. I believe for me the best solution is to transition fully and then let the chips fall where they will. At least for me I will no longer have to hide and in the end it will be less confusing to those I come into contact with. I do not care what or how people want to characterized me. I am living my life the way I think is best for me and for me it is authentic. Lynn will have to find her own way. Having a spouse certainly complicates things. Actually for my wife and I navigating a new way to relate to each other has been proving to be very difficult. To date it has been the most difficult issue in this whole process. Disclosing to clients, family, friends and employees has been a cakewalk compared to forging a new relationship dynamic. Where will we end up is either of our guesses, but our communication as never been more open, candid or honest. I wish Lynn well in her pursuit of inner peace and contentment. Lynn and her wife need to develop and as all couples with trans issues, the trust, candidness, openness, and honest conversation skills to facilitate a new relationship dynamic.

I Identify with Melissa's term Transitioner, as it best describes me at this point in my life. I can also understand the anger those that have transitioned or are transitioning have against those that say they are ts but are dreaming or fence sitting. The latter have no skin in the game. Those of us that made the decision to take action and actively transition have made real sacrifices, And in many cases have suffered true loss to be who they are destined to be.

No transitioning is not undertaken by a brave individual, but by one that has run out of options. We all face fears and I know I have for years. It finally reached a point I had to battle those fears and take action. My biggest fear losing the love of my wife has materialized and I have no more fears left. You may think you are ts and if in your mind you find solace, who am I to say otherwise. But you can see how not taking action would bother those of us that have or are actively transitioning deal daily with the challenges of attaining our true nature in spite of the odds against us. It is hard for me to consider someone that is dreaming or fence sitting taking absolutely no action of any kind whining about their angst seriously.

What was it Roosevelt said "The only thing we have ot fear is fear itself"
    You might also want to analyze my sig
    Last edited by stefan37; 05-09-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W