Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Compromises to save a mariage

YMMV
    what you're describing sounds more like self-immolation to me, but each to his own lol

Last edited by mary something; 05-16-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Omg ! Nice picture, Mary. I think you captured the moment. I'd feel better setting fire to my face than eating Limburger and onion sandwiches! Lol.
    John, thank you for the advice
    I'm not going to be able to do that but it's a funny thought to say the least!

My wife and I are working on working things out. So far the things I said I'd do as compromise have kinda showed her that I love her, and the compromises are easing more into my favor. My legs are hairy :-( but only the calf portions of my legs. Everything from the knee and north is smooth as silk. My "sideburns" are laughable. Since they never really grew much anyway, they just look like nothing unless you're right up on em. I keep em thin but PRESENT to satisfy the agreement. We negotiated away the mustache simply because it looks ridiculous and as soon as she saw it growing she told me to shave it off. Thank GOD. We are up and down emotionally though so we still get to each others throats, but just not as much. I really think I have a chance to make things work, at least for a while
    Morgan Lynn Scatterbrain

Untitled
    I honestly cannot believe some of the advice that has been given in this thread.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Antagonizing an already pissed off wife IMO is always a great idea! Go ahead and throw some more gas on the fire by showing your rebellious side. Afterwards come back and tell us how that panned out for ya.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

YMMV
    hmmm, married with 3 little kids isn't a picnic for anyone. Throw in a couple people who have a "passionate" side (I probably know a little too much about what that's like myself ), and then top it off with both of you guys on estrogen, you're (Lynn) dealing with the wanting to "become" that you have to stifle...

sounds like you guys have a LOT going on. I admire you being able to compromise and do what you have to for your families sake Lynn, vent here whenever you need to

Banned Read only
    Lynn, you need to stop this thread. My position really has not changed since my original comment (#12). I'm not a marriage therapist, but, nearing forty-two years of marriage does give some indication my wife and I have survived some degree of turmoil that was self generated or imposed by others.

There is a lot of childish behavior happening between you and your wife. There is a lack of constructive discussion. I would venture to say that neither of you know how to communicate. You and your wife need to see a marriage therapist to learn how to communicate without the infantile behavior. Is there a risk? Sure. Once you and your wife sit down and learn how to really communicate, you and her may realize what both of you want out of the other spouse. That may lead to termination of the marriage. The plus side? Maybe, an amicable parting of the ways is best for the children. Kids living in a hostile environment will feel the undercurrents.

As to your gender status. You need to see a therapist to sort out who you really may be. You owe that to yourself. You owe that to your wife. You owe that to your kids.

As to what's going on now. Wow! Smashing furniture and the computer? This is not solving anything. Whether you become hairless or not will not solve your problems. According to poll results in a story on my local TV station the majority of women prefer their husbands to be hairless over their bodies. Obviously being hairless does not define transgender status. If you want to grow boobs and dress en femme around your wife and kids, you're not going to find compromise with your wife. Yes, maybe for a short period of time. Long lasting? I put my money on NO!

Please, sort of where you want to be. And, at least get into counseling to learn how to effectively communicate without being destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnmorgan451 View Post
    Omg ! Nice picture, Mary. I think you captured the moment. I'd feel better setting fire to my face than eating Limburger and onion sandwiches! Lol.
    John, thank you for the advice
    I'm not going to be able to do that but it's a funny thought to say the least!
    Don't knock the Limburger and onion sandwich. I have eaten several sandwiches of that kind. As a kid I never ate Limburger cheese because of its odor. About three years ago I tried Limburger cheese and it actually tasted good! Onions simply add to the delicious taste.

A buddy of mine dared me to make Limburger cheese nachos. It did stink up the house but the nachos did taste good.

Wife puts her money where her mouth is

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Guess what? My wife tells me all the time I am NOT a man so I don't have to claim I am a woman!

I interact much better with genetic women than I do with typical men.

I do not have the desire for SRS so I am content to have a male name.

John
    Now my wife is starting to buy dresses for me. So I guess in her eyes I am really NOT a man.

John

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    This thread has got so far off topic that it is time to call it a night.

Rianna Humble
    Moderator, Transsexual Forums