Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Blend or Not to Blend

To Blend or Not to Blend

Ok, so I was looking in the pictures section and realized something. Everyone who seems to be going out on the town always is full head to toe dressed down to the finest details. Thats so awesome!

Does anyone ever go out in male mode but with womens clothing on? Like donning a cute skirt with some flats and a regular tshirt, no wig, no makeup just you? Or maybe a cute blouse with some fitted shorts, flipflops and thats it. If not, why? I hear mixed things about some of you feeling like you are a woman trapped in the wrong body to NO, Im a guy..I just like the clothes.

Also....and I know there is a lot of acceptance on this site so it may be hard to answer honestly, but if you were hanging out dressed from head to toe en femme, would it make you uncomfortable to be out on the town with another crossdresser that is "just a guy in a dress?"
    In all honesty, I would probably never go out with breast forms, or wig, or makeup...well, maybe a bit of makeup but I would just want to be me...a guy in the clothing I love. Not that there is anything wrong with getting fully en femme, but for me, it really is about the clothes. I still love my own identity as who I am for a man. My apparel choices are just different from the "average" guy.

when not at work, i am pure girl from in to out, head to toe.

I may go out in male mode wearing panties and female eyewear, I never go out as a male with wigs, forms, or makeup. On second thought I have on more than a few occasions worn femaleshorts with otherwise entire male attire, mainly running chores in the great outdoor.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 05-06-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I do it all the time! I am more about the clothes, too. Sometimes I like getting all dolled up, but a lot of the time, I don't.

Sometimes if my clothing choices are extremely feminine, even if I don't feel like it, I might put on some makeup or maybe a wig or boobs just so I blend in a bit better.

Right now I am sporting a men's short sleeve button down, women's cargo capri pants and a wedge sandal. I think it looks good.

Like, for me...I would totally go out in something like what I have on in my avatar pic. Just the way I am there. Scruffy but trimmed and shaped facial hair, my short hair, and regular body. Is that odd? I have yet to see a single person like me who would do this sort of thing.

yay!!! So Im not the only one! lol

On Saturday I had on girl blue jeans and sports top with cute cap sleeves no wig or makeup, regular male sneakers. We went to dinner with my son for his birthday.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    In the summer I go in a femme ish top and femme ish shorts in guy mode.

Not a ton, but there are a few of us.

Aspiring Member
    Except for wearing woman's jeans, I'd have to go all out one way or the other. I think going out with just a skirt and the rest drab would be incongruent for others to fathom and would probably bring some ridicule from not-so-polite people.

Cheryl

Ive only been out femme twice, but it has to be the complete look or not at all

I have to go all the way to girl in order for me to go out. The differences in the way people interact with me in girl mode is so different than when I am out en drab. Besides, I love being a girl whenever I can, which lately is not very much.

i did it for a long time, but because i have long hair and i am short and skinny, sometimes people thought that i was a girl. at first it was great, but after 2 years it was to hard for me. some people did not treat me respectful, and they always stared at me.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Honestly... Its your decision as to what and how you wear clothes in public, the only difference is how the judgmental public perceives you based on how you're dressed. In regular male mode the public really does not care or even notice you, but if your a guy in a dress/skirt. Prepare for some unpleasant interactions with the lesser open minded public, I would suggest staying close to home or vehicle so you have a place to retreat to.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 05-06-2013 at 03:02 PM.

So for those that go out fully dressed, would it be weird for you to spend time out with a "half-dressed" guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Lynn View Post
    So for those that go out fully dressed, would it be weird for you to spend time out with a "half-dressed" guy?
    In a nutshell, yes!

You have my respect for your stance and personal choices but I wouldn't want to be seen dead in public with you like that. Sorry, it's just how I feel, partially based on not wishing to share a bullseye with you for the idiots in society and partially because i think the look is ridiculous. No offence intended, you did ask...

Everyday I am dressed in clothing that is anywhere from 50-100% from the women's department. In the summer I always wear shorts, sandals, and a polo top. At work I don't do make up and wigs In the winter less so because i have not really shopped for slacks. One night at a local T bar my GF and I met the nicest guy. Totally male except his miniskirt.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I would feel uncomfortable but I would support his right to do so.
    I would explain that it is not something I would do.
    People would think I was a girl with him, more than likely.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I can concur with Lorileah. I've got shorts and sandals, even capri denims that can be unisex while they are definitely marketed to women. I also have some tops than can go either way during the summer.

Cheryl

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Thomas View Post
    No offence intended, you did ask...
    None taken! I did in fact ask. I guess I am...excuse the term...more ballsy just because I dress up in crazy costumes for DragonCon which is essentially a big nerd fest held here in Atlanta every year. Last time I went, I went as Shawn from Shawn of the Dead. Nothing like riding on marta (local tram) with fake blood all over me and a cricket bat. I dont mind when people look at me crazy lol.

Eva,

I don't go out period...I steer clear of going out en femme...However ,I am pretty sure that most people here have a goal to pass without being noticed..You would only increase that chance..Not saying in anyway there is anything wrong with what you do..I for one admire your courage and if I was to seen you out I would be more than happy to shake your hand and say hi..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Doesn't mater what. I wear.... I don't blend in well... just ask the clerk at Home Depot today... "You dress to elegantly for doing plumbing" lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I guess the only reason I dont go out and about the way I want to is out of respect for my wife. To me, Im just like...meh...you dont accept it...ok. Whatever. I mean, if I can act normal covered in blood with a cricket bat with everyone on the tram looking at me funny....wearing a skirt is no biggie.

The troll got out of the dungeon and is running amuck.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Eva I admire your confidence in going out dressed as in your avatar. That takes a good deal of determination.

My need though is to present as fully female as posible although I'm quite comfortable interacting with my male voice. For some people this jars somewhat as I'm presenting as female yet speaking with a male voice. You would do the same but at first glance.

As to whether I'd accompany you out - don't know, are you good company? I suppose the fear of most is that they are most comfortable blending and you would draw attention to them. I'm into short skirts at present (yet in my 60's) so 8" above my knee draws its own attention.