Thread: No to taking advantage.

No to taking advantage.

My daughter and son want to take me with them to the waterpark this weekend, The park is having a special free admission for mothers because of “Mother's Day”. Problem is I am not their “Mother”. I am their “Father”. I explained to them “It is wrong to be deceitful to people. “ I can not to that. I'd rather pay for my own admission. Maybe when “father's day” comes the park will offer a similar thing for “fathers”.
    I know some of you might say that there is no harm in taking advantage of the situation so long as no one gets hurt. No harm. No foul.
    What matters then when you can gain the world if by doing so you lose yourself?
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I think you are one that still has some good values and probably was taught right from wrong. Good for you, I highly respect that in a person, so rare to find these days. Jaylyn

Dawn, I had to add my "right on" to that. Morality and ethics should never be swayed by how one dresses or feels otherwise. As Jaylyn posted proper values are going the way of the Dodo bird.
    Julie

I think it's neat that your kids want to honor your femme side. Remember, "mother" is just another name for parent. So why don't you put on your one-piece suit and have a happy mother's day?

Good for you Dawnmarrie!

Despite the fact that I think of myself as female, I am my children's father, not their mother. Carrying a child and giving birth is a tremendous ordeal, and I refuse to make less of it by taking credit for something I didn't do. I'm glad you feel the same.

and maybe they will have the same deal on Father's day (they should it is only fair)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

And more important still, you saw a teaching moment for your children and had the moral strength to grasp it!

Bravo, Dawn Marrie!

Too many parents want to be friends, first, and then parents. Better to be a parent first, teach your children what they need to know in and about life and then have fun and enjoy life with them! They will thank you later, at 65 my kids now think I'm much smarter that when I was at 30 or 40!

Again, good on YOU!

Dawn, there is nothing wrong in taking a moral stance.
    It would be nice if it was practiced more often.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    An additional right on, this reminds me situation while in high school I was driving my father's car with some friends one night. Since my father is disabled there was a handi-cap parking permit in the car, and my friends insisted we take advantage an park in the disabled spot, which of course I refused to do not just because none of us were disabled and it was illegal, but also it was just wrong and my father had raised me better than that. You have shown a good example for your children.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I agree with your philosophy. I am my daughters' father. Motherhood is an exalted status that is far beyond my capabilities and I would not insult my wife by implying in any way that I could be their mother. While dressed, I'd prefer that my daughters think of me as their somewhat nutty aunt.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Thank-you, Everyone for your kind words. I've always told my children "Irregardless of how my I appear to others, always remember I am still you father. I'm not trying to replace or be your mother."
    Their mother and I separated about five yrs ago. After having been married for 25 yrs. I don't blame her. It's not her fault. She held longer than most people would. But the strain was too much for her. It's too much for most people to take.
    My children have learned soo much over the years. Some good. Some bad. They have seen first hand how people that have stepped outside the norm are treated. I wish I could have spared them that because that side of human nature is something you really want to shield your children from. People can be so cruel. But they are the better for it.
    I've interacted with a lot of people over the years and found that even those who are initially closed minded have a tendency to open their hearts after a few moments of talking to me. Why? Because I try to be honest with who I am and am not. Yes. Life would be so much easier if I decided to go completely stealth. But that would be living a "lie" and the trouble with lies is that sooner or later the truth always comes to light. Better to live in the light then to live in the darkness of deceit. It is much to difficult to get a good tan when your spend all your time in the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Good for you Dawnmarrie!

Despite the fact that I think of myself as female, I am my children's father, not their mother. Carrying a child and giving birth is a tremendous ordeal, and I refuse to make less of it by taking credit for something I didn't do. I'm glad you feel the same.
    Being a good father is just as equally important. I've seen cracked addicted prostitutes give birth on Saturday and be back on the street on Sunday looking for a Joe. I'm not comparing all mothers with prostitutes. I'm just saying that just as there can be bad fathers there can also be bad mothers.
    On the importance of motherhood I once told my wife "Yes. You carried them for nine mths. But I also carried them and you for that nine mths. This thing called life we did together."
    When my children were little I remember getting out of work and heading straight home.
    I didn't want to be anywhere else but with them and my wife.
    We never hired a baby sitter or had my parents watch the kids because we wanted to go out on the town and have a good time. We always planned stuff so that we could all have fun together. Even if it was just a walk to the town park to play.