Thread: First time going out questions....

First time going out questions....

So, I've decided that I have to get out dressed and am thinking of going to a Tranny-friendly place in my city - there seems to be two specific meetups each week. While I want and need to do this, i've a couple of concerns. Ideally, I'd like to go dressed as opposed to dressing there although how I get from the door to the cab without neighbours seeing me will be a challenge and is freaking me out already. So I was thinking of going for a makeover and going from there or getting a hotel room and going from there. Am also terrified of meeting someone I know - it's a small city and I know lots of people (that sounds so pathetic, but it's true).....but I have to start going out and meeting people.

Would love to hear others thoughts about this and their first time going-out experiences.

Thanks all. xxx

My first time I got a hotel room at the place the meeting was. I still do that sometimes.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Yo should check, a lot of times meetup places for CD's offer a place to change onsite.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Well if there is someone you know at the meeting I’d say there is nothing to fear as they are in the same boat as you are. My first time out, other than on Halloween, was to a trans-gender support meeting. I’d been to a couple of meetings dressed in drab before I decided it was time to go en femme. It was a bit scary, because while the meeting were held in a private room, and one had to walk through a crowded restaurant on a Saturday evening to get to the private room. I felt like all eyes were on me, but I held my head high and walked through the restaurant without incident and subsequent meetings became easier.

One thing I have found out is that most of my neighbors are fine with my dressing. In fact I just returned home from a house up the street owned by a woman I was sure would be against my dressing. I rang the bell and she invited me in and we spent maybe half an hour just chatting in her living room. I was wearing turquoise colored sandals, skort, blouse, full makeup, wig and makeup and she didn’t bat an eyelash – we sat there chatting like nothing was out of the ordinary. I’ve met several women in the neighborhood and not one has had a problem with me in feminine dress. Several in fact have shown quite a bit of support. I’ve talked with a couple of male neighbors and even walked my dog around the block with one without any negative response.

I usually dress one day a week and I spend a fair amount of time in the front yard; most of my neighbors wave or say high if they are walking by. My Wife isn’t comfortable with me going out much but doesn’t stop me from talking to the neighbors; I also do occasionally go to a therapy session en femme. I might add that I don’t think I come close to “passing” but I feel feminine and I like to interact with others – especially GG’s.
    Babs

Michelle, my I suggest getting a hotel room. Your going to be nervous as it is...take your time getting ready...then grab that door handle and walk out into your new world. It will be an experience you'll never forget. Goood luck!

I've always been lucky enough to be able to get dressed at home and then exit out of view of neighbors. I'd say that in your situation you might want to try a hotel. It's an additional expense but it will make you more comfortable in the long run.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Imagine you could be a visitor leaving your property.
    Invent an old friend or relative.
    My sister looks amazingly like me, and I was an only child.
    Only you can work out your safe boundaries
    Others may think they saw you.

Naah! Not wearing a dress and he doesn't have big boobs either.
    It is unfortunate if you are recognized you may feel like a big boob then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The visitor thing might work, but remember, you have to return home and if you're still dressed, this wouldn't work too well.

If it's not a financial burden, the hotel room idea is best. Better than a hotel is the sort of motel where there are seperate entrances for each room and you don't have to walk through a lobby.

As far as meeting someone you know, once you are dressed, they shouldn't recognize you.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Well, if you go and you meet someone at the meetup that you know how terrible is that?? After all, they must be there for the same reasons as you. What would they tell their friends? "Oh you'll never guess who I met at the crossdressers meeting Saturday"....yeah, right...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Michelle,

I agree, the motel room is the best option. YOu can have as much time as you need to get ready. Leave and return with no one knowing/recognizing you.

Make sure you are presentable - not over done - and just go..................................Debra

how small is your city maybe drive to the next town over and geti mote then you can go out whith fear

OK, I went out in my car before it got light so my makeup would not have been noticable, had big clothes over my girls clothes and a few minutes down the road I fitted my wig and breast forms
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz