Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was invited to play dress up with a famous drag queen today...

I was invited to play dress up with a famous drag queen today...

I was invited to play dress up with a famous drag queen at her house today. She has been all over TV lately and I am equal parts excited and nervous. She is gorgeous.. She is a pro. I am an amateur. She is young. I am older. She is very thin. I am just thin/average. I dont know what to do. Please advise.
    Sometimes I just like to wear pretty things, but because I have a penis, we have to use big words to describe it.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Relax, enjoy yourself, and learn everything you can!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Banned Read only
    Just be Yourself. Don't feel like you'll need to be "extra cool" or something. Just have fun and go with it.

Have a great time Blair, you deserve it.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Lucky girl!! i think that you look wonderful and i would die for a shape like yours! don't be so hard on yourself...go, keep your head up high and have
    the time of your life. since she is a pro, one can probably learn a few tricks of the trade so take notes and don't forget to share them with your friends
    paula

If this is a once in a life time, or once this year, why wouldn't you live the experiance
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Oh, enjoy it for all its worth and consider yourself blessed. I would love to have that type of opportunity.

If Yoda invites you to take on Jedi training, don't pass it up!

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

I dont know what to do. Please advise.
    Maybe hop in your car, take a taxi, run fast...go girl! What are you waiting for!!!!!!!!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Don't miss the opportunity.
    She has chosen you for a friend and an invite like you describe is not to be missed.
    You should not throw caution to the wind however.
    She would obviously like to spend time with you showing you her craft and experience.
    She may want to encourage you to follow in her footsteps.
    Some of her rivals are probably a little too competitive to be friends.
    Try and broker a friendship, I do not think you will be disappointed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Get your butt over there and have fun. Dont be nervous Im sure she will be glad to answer any questions you may have and give you a few helpful pointers.
    Erica

OMG why are you even asking the question? Meeting a drag queen early - well relatively early - in my CDing days was the best thing that ever happened to me. We are still friends and talk regularly. She taught me everything i know about being a girl. Have fun and injoy "going to the Mountain."

XO Bree

Silver Member
    Why would you even hesitate. An opportunity of a lifetime. I'd would love it.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    When confronted with a scary situation you should bring a friend for support. I'd be happy to join you and be that supportive friend.
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    When confronted with a scary situation you should bring a friend for support. I'd be happy to join you and be that supportive friend.
    although said in a joking manner, it has a ring of truth to it. You don't say who it is you are meeting, if you have met them before, exactly what "dress up" is (a professional doesn't "play" dress up me thinks there is more to this). Is she wanting to be your drag mother? Did she see you somewhere and think there is potential?

Let someone (anyone close) know where you are going. I would even make arrangements that if you don't contact them by a certain time, they try and contact you. Since I believe there is more to this, think about something. Get medical history and take protection. Don't be pushed into something you don't want to do. Maybe I am over reacting here but if this is an out of the blue thing, I see some red flags. Just be aware.

This advice would be for any meetup not just drag queens but having been associated with and been around queens, often there is an ulterior reason. They just don't take in daughters off the street or without knowing them for awhile.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think Lorileah makes a great point that is valid for any situation. BUt still go just be careful like always. It will probably be great fun. I am certainly jealous. Keep us updated as to how it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Lorileah is totally correct, as she usually is, I never go to a private residence without meeting the person in a very public place, usually more than once.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    although said in a joking manner, it has a ring of truth to it. You don't say who it is you are meeting, if you have met them before, exactly what "dress up" is (a professional doesn't "play" dress up me thinks there is more to this). Is she wanting to be your drag mother? Did she see you somewhere and think there is potential?

Let someone (anyone close) know where you are going. I would even make arrangements that if you don't contact them by a certain time, they try and contact you. Since I believe there is more to this, think about something. Get medical

history and take protection. Don't be pushed into something you don't want to do. Maybe I am over reacting here but if this is an out of the blue thing, I see some red flags. Just be aware.

This advice would be for any meetup not just drag queens but having been associated with and been around queens, often there is an ulterior reason. They just don't take in daughters off the street or without knowing them for awhile.
    I think Lorileah is spot on. Take precaution. I did. All turned out OK but now a days, sheesh, who knows.

The few times I have ever got to visit any one that I consider is far superior to me, or even famous I just was myself and that was the good thing about it.... Also just being myself was the bad thing about it... Lol really most people enjoy someone who is sincere and honest about just being ones self.
    Jaylyn

Go, gets some tips, share some fun and make a friend.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When it's over we want details girl!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sounds like it could be a wonderful opportunity but I'd suggest finding out why she wants you to come over and what she has in mind. If you are of like minds, go for it. If not set some ground rules before you agree to come over. If she can't agree to those, don't do it. If it appears that she wants to be taking things in a direction you don't want to go, have an escape strategy in mind.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyCDTV View Post
    Sounds like it could be a wonderful opportunity but I'd suggest finding out why she wants you to come over and what she has in mind. If you are of like minds, go for it. If not set some ground rules before you agree to come over. If she can't agree to those, don't do it. If it appears that she wants to be taking things in a direction you don't want to go, have an escape strategy in mind.
    Good Advice Ally..

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCDTV View Post
    Agreed. If you know this person pretty well, she may just want to mentor you, which would be awesome. Just be clear on the intent of it beforehand.
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Playing dress up sounds like fun. As other have said though, be careful.