Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You CD as a Boy, Do You Become a CDer When You Grow Up?

Silver Member

If You CD as a Boy, Do You Become a CDer When You Grow Up?

If someone dressed, or were made to dress, in female attire or makeup as a boy, do they usually become a crossdresser, or want to crossdress, later in life?

I am curious because I have a cousin who was caught in stores (security cameras) several times trying on women's bras and underwear as a young teen.

Banned Read only
    Your post as written, is confusing. Are you saying he was busted merely for TRYING ON clothes? I never knew there was a law against that.

Obviously some here started very late. It makes sense that at least some who started early [for whatever reason] quit.

I don't think so. You either have it in you or you don't.

The key difference is "made" to dress and "Wanting" to dress. I think it has to do with intention. If you "want" to dress and you end up on a security camera, Ok the gigs up and your made and your makeup wasn't good enough. But if someone "made" you dress as a girl/woman then the jury is out. Was it on purpose? Was it against the person's will? You have to probe deeper into the person under inspection. The key is intention. Please explain more.
    Last edited by ossian; 05-10-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: I'm pretty drunk writing this sorry. I hope it makes sense.

Okay darling... Someone posted that your original post is a bit confusing. I agree. So, something happened...and if you or your cousin want help; you are going to have to be more forth-coming.

To answer an indirect question....
    Your cousin is probably a crossdresser.
    To answer the original question....
    They don't "become" a crossdresser, they probably are still in practice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

in some the need does not show itself till later in life.

but are you referring as in forced to dress? at a young age.
    or just playing around? sex play with a girl friend thing maybe?

to be a cross dresses or a transsexual this is a hard wired deal not a learned thing.
    so i have to say no to just goofing off or the sex play with a girl friend as this would not make on a cross dresser. could bring out latent desires. but.

if when i was young if some lady tried to force me to "dress" i would not have made much of a fuss. (no matter the reason for the dressing up). as the need to dress was there even as a young brat. how many young boys want to go shopping with their moms? just being surrounded by all those pretty things. the womens/girls dept was off limits to me otherwise. just how i was raised in a very conservative family.

this is just my take

Silver Member
    Sorry for the confusing question.

My cousin was captured on Macy's and another store's video security cameras wearing women's bras and panties when he was a teenager. He was not arrested and did not break any laws. His mother was informed by security and invited, as a courtesy, to view the video. No charges, just embarrassment. His parents wrote it off that he liked boobs. Since he obviously seemed to be attracted and enjoyed wearing the female undergarments, I have wondered if an attraction like this might continue past his teens. I have wondered if his attraction to wear a bra is something that frequently or infrequently continues. His experience prompted my question in general. (I am not close enough to him to ask him directly, but I have suspected that he may be a closet CDer.)

If someone tried CDing to some degree - and liked it - in their youth, I wonder if it is a life-long attraction?

I started in my youth and looking back at the experience it gave me a lot of insight as to what females go through to become attractive. BTW, I haven't stopped dressing and do so frequently but now I have my own clothes and don't have to "borrow".

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Banned Read only
    If someone tried CDing to some degree - and liked it - in their youth, I wonder if it is a life-long attraction?
    There aren't any great statistics on this - but I'd guess based on my personal experience, and talking to many others, that the answer is "yes." He may be merely a cross dresser, or he could be transgendered. This can be really confusing for a teenager. If you can find a way to talk to him, particularly since you are also a CDer, you might help him a lot. If that's too hard to do, you might find some resources for teens in his area for him, and discretely get him that info.

How you actually deal with him on this will require a GREAT DEAL of delicacy on your part. Even if you don't want to out yourself to him (which might be a horrible idea - some people have no ability to keep a secret), you could likely tell him you heard about what happened, and that you have a close friend who is a CD, and that this type of behavior is not something to be ashamed of, in your opinion. Perhaps that would get him to talk to you.

Banned Read only
    Still confusing. Maybe more so. Unless he tried to leave the store wearing them w/o paying for them? Or was walking around the store wearing them on the outside of his clothes? Surely you are not inferring that they have video cameras IN the stalls?

Curiosity as a youngster is certainly different from the desire many of us felt as a one.
    One I'm sure does not lead to the other.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I just have to wonder why the department store would snitch on the kid like that. Unless someone who worked there was close enough to the kid's parents to not keep a secret? Very weird, and somewhat troubling.

He must have worn the bra and panties in plain site in the store. If they had pictures of him in a dressing room, that violates privacy and makes the store employees voyeurs. This is one reason I never used those dressing rooms.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kate,I am curious as to why such a tough girl like you is afraid that there MIGHT BE a security camera in a Macy's dressing room[which I doubt]..What are they going to do...send the angry mob with torches and forks to your front door? I doubt anyone cares as long as you emerge with whatever you went in with...

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    A common thread with just about everyone on this forum is experimenting early in life. I bought a bra at 14 years old even though I didn't start CDing until I was in my 50's. I'm thinking the young man is just getting an early start!

It is by all means not a sure thing, but in most cases once a cd'er always a cd'er. It just does not go away.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Platinum Member
    Hi Heather, I've been dressing for 65yrs. , The Devil made me do it!!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Most definitely YES! ....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree with Karen most definitly yes!! Neighbor girl dressed me so I could be her girlfriend and i absolutely loved it! Not sure if I would have become a cd if not for that experience.

IMO once you crossdress,you are likely to do so again and again.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

No it doesn't. Case in point: My son. When he was a teenager he had a fascination with wearing his sister's underwear. He said " I like the way the material feels against my skin." But he was worried that because of who I am that he was going to end up just like me. I told him "No. What you are experiencing is perfectly normal for a boy of your age. It's just that nobody wants to talk about it."
    I suggested that it probably isn't a good idea to use his sisters under garments. I offered to buy him some of his own. It made him happy. And relieved the pressure on him that he was going to become like me.
    Eventually he out grew the desire for his type of behavior. So even if the desire is genetic it doesn't mean that it is inevitable. A behavior can manifest it self for a time and then disappear. It serves the purpose for which it was created.
    Yes. It may lie dormant waiting for something to reactivate it. Some emotional trauma. Then it comes back with a vengeance.
    But as for my son? Only time will tell.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

My opinion is that you don't become a crossdresser, you are or are not one.

Platinum Member
    It seems to me that the curiosity about women's clothes is an indicator of something inherent in the individual. It's not quite the same as dressing as a soldier, cowboy or fireman. So, yes a child who CDs is likelier to become an adult who CDs. As of being forced, that its another matter.

Silver Member
    Thanks for all the insights. If I find out more, I will share as appropriate. Thanks. Heather