Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To shave or not to shave?

To shave or not to shave?

I am facing a bit of a problem that is totally of my own making.

About 4 or 5 weeks ago I started reducing the hair on my legs. First with some clippers to shorten it. Then, I shaved the lower leg but kept some on the upper leg. Last night I went the whole way and shaved completely. While I am enjoying the feeling, I am contemplating letting the hair grow back for the summer (but still keeping is pretty short). The two reasons are that my kids will be back from university and I will playing a lot of tennis at my club of 12 years.

I am thinking that if I keep the hair short for the summer, it will not be noticed when I start shaving the legs in the winter.

Any thoughts?

Sure, I have a thought Kristen, shave the hair off and keep your legs clear. Several years ago, I faced exactly the same dilemma and after months of agonizing over it, I decided to just shave my legs clean. With great trepidation, I completely shaved my legs and have kept them hairless ever since.

In all of the time since I originally shaved my legs, I have only been asked a couple of times about the fact that I have no hair on my legs. which just proves how little attention people pay to changes. When I was asked I simply replied that I had developed a rash and my doctor suggested I remove the hair. No more rashes so no more hair.

I agree, shaving your legs is not illegal. Just come up with an excuse for doing tit the first time, "had some gravel rash and i didn't want the plaster to rip off the hair" or something like that, then say it felt nicer and cooler, so you decided to keep doing it.

Or just say "I like it like that"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Thanks for the encouragement. My thought right now is to keep the clean look. Strangely, one reason I started shaving this year was because I have been going to a tanning salon in order to keep the tan I got over Christmas (I can thoroughly recommend Christmas Day on a Caribbean island, BTW), and I wanted to see if the tanning was better with the hair gone. It seems to be the case; although it might be that I can see the tan better.

Struggling with the same issue. I've seen a minister (married) & a former board president (divorced) at my church wearing shorts with absolutely no hair on their legs. Haven't asked them why. Hospital staff who posted here said men with shaved legs are not unusual.

I wore shorts sometimes with shaved legs last year, no one commented. My wife disapproves but prefers to ignore it.
    But still ...

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Silver Member
    You should shave your legs (or any other part of your body) throughout the year, without concern or excuses! For anyone that makes a remark, good or bad, it is THEIR problem. Many more guys are shaving, waxing, & moisturizing their body for appearance and personal satisfaction. If you are comfortable with the results, do it!

If, and I really mean if, someone mentions your shaved legs, the response is 'I like them this way.' You don't need to justify something so mundane anymore.

I use sports as my main excuse to keep them shaved, since you sound athletic you have a built in excuse and very few people will say anything, except your kids, ESP if you have girls, they notice everything!

Again, thanks everyone.

Jennialy,
    My daughter was back home for a few days last week and she did not comment about my shaved lower legs when I wore shorts around the house.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    How about if you just shave one leg and see which one gets the most comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    How about if you just shave one leg and see which one gets the most comments.
    I suspect that difference in wind resistance will result in me limping.

Hi Kristen, no excuses needed. Especially in this day and age many men such as bikers, swimmers, surfers, etc. have hairless bodies.
    I faced the same dilemma two years ago, as I wear shorts even in the winter IF the sun is out. I phased in my hair removal over a few months and no one, no one has said a word. Spent five weeks in Hawaii this winter and all five kids and SO were there at one time or another with us - and not a word. And yes, I swim with a speedo, so no hiding shaved legs with board shorts. If anyone was to ask, I'd say I like the feel, and I like the ease of applying sunscreen. And in Europe? My goodness all the men do it, and all the girls love it! LOL
    Anyway, my wife had no objections. I've done away with all leg, chest, and armpit hair. And I love it. It is very sensous when washing.
    You might consider an epilator. I bought a Braun epilator and have been using it for over a year and love it. They said the the hair will get finer and finer, and I've found that to be true. Have fun with it!
    Hugs, Jules

I wear pantyhose ( in male mode) with shorts and nobody says anything. And, of course my legs are shaved. I also wear sandals and have painted toenails. Nobody says anything. I don't think anyone will comment on your shaved legs.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I've kept my legs shaved for several years now and no one has said a word. Just do it, you'll love the feel of smooth legs and I don't mind the shaving, I rather enjoy it.

Banned Read only
    The REALITY of body hair? No one except other CDers look for it. Don't believe me?

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...highlight=WOSs

Once a week I spend an hour sitting in a small area with a few others and everyone notices everything about each other. I don't have much leg hair anyway, but it's growing back so I can wear shorts without feeling odd. Maybe that's just me.

I too was concerned with what comments others might make when I decided to shave entirely and stay that way.
    No One Said Anything!!
    I waited and waited and even my friends (who are quick with their tongues) said not a word.

Now I just enjoy being smooth all over all the time and plan to stay that way until I can't bend over to keep my legs smooth any more (maybe then I'll have the nurse do it for me)...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Nah, shave it and no one will notce or care!

Banned Read only
    One of my local news broadcasts does a daily question and answer. Last week one of the questions ended up dealing with male body hair. The answer to the question of what a woman would like to have her husband do. The answer was actually shave off all his body hair and be totally smooth. Isn't that a 180. How often do you see a bare male chest in the movies with a lot of body hair. Some guys have the natural caveman look. Some have very little hair. I guess if you don't have a rug all over your body, you may as well shave it off, especially if your woman likes it that way.

The hair on my legs is thin and light colored. I've been shaving it off for a long time now. I get by shaving my legs about once a month. My arms I do weekly.

Aspiring Member
    LOL! I like the comments about shaving only one leg!

I've been shaving my long skinny legs since about 1987. I only had one comment from an idiot at our pool in the apartment complex. He asked me why. So I told him that the hair on them irritated to hell out of my girlfriend's legs during wild passionate sex. (She's my wife today.) Should have seen the look on this guy's face who was probably dating Nellie Palm. I have a bunch of excuses if needed:

1. My doc recommended due to rashes.
    2. It grows out funny and I get stared at
    3. It's falling out and gets patchy and more stares
    4. It's really irritating
    5. (Someone get creative here. We're the masters of deception as-needed.)

Since I've been shaving and aging it grows less. I can go awhile without but I think it's time to draw a nice hot highly scented bubble bath, load a new razor, light a candle, and shave all the way up to top of my ears. Ahhh!

Cheryl Ann
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 05-11-2013 at 12:10 PM.

I have the ability to not grow hair on my legs......
    It is better than shaving or any method of hair removal.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Several of the infomercials about hair removal products prominately show the products being used by men. And it appears they always get the cute babe because they got rid of all that fur...Shaving your legs/arms and pierced ears are the two biggest non issues on this site. Your daughters are going to notice, they will probably say something to Dad. If you don't want to come out to them now make up an excuse... the exercise thing whatever. But don't delay this pleasure because of what others may think.
    Karen Francis

Lots of men shave various parts of their bodies cd or not cd.

Shave your legs and it probably won't be noticed.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

When I first started shaving my legs it seemed wonderful. My legs felt awesome, especially with a light wind blowing on them. They also looked terrific, both naked and while wearing nylons. However, after a while the nuisance of always having to shave and the too quick return of razor stubble became more and more of an annoyance. So I stopped shaving and had laser hair removal. Some of the best money I ever spent! Now my legs look great and are forever silky smooth
    Lori