Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To shave or not to shave?

Hi Lori,

I have thought about having laser hair removal and even asked about it one time when I was having my back waxed. However, the lady doing my back said that my hair was not the right type for it to be successful. Whether she was referring just to the hair on my back or my hair in general I did not ask. Perhaps, I will do so next time I am there. For now, I will stick to shaving (annoying though it is) and possibly an epilator.

I think you should keep them shaved if that's what you like. There are so many excuses for men to have shaved legs - from personal preference to athletics. I say go for it.

I have been removing that pesty body hair for some years now. Shaving at first (do not like the stubble) switched to a epilator. Love the soft hair that grows back. Only had one remark from a GG co-worker, she just said um wonder what the rest of the body looks like.

I have been shaving my legs for at least 4 years now and only had 2 people ask if i shave I jest told then yes and that was it. I keep my legs shaved all the time and I do wear shorts in the summer.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    I've shaved everywhere except what's left of the hair on my head, the fine hair on my forearms, and a tiny bit in the knickers for, oh, 20 years or so now. No way would I go back. I live in a relatively rural town (less than 100,000 pop.) in a very politically conservative region where it's shorts weather eight months of the year. I can count the number of comments about it on the fingers of one hand, none overtly derogatory.

Look around. It's becoming more common all the time, whether out of a sense of good grooming or whatever. Ain't nobody's business but your own how you tend to your own body.

Be brave. Be yourself.

I'm a cyclist so I have a built in reason to have my shaved I suppose. At least that's what I tell myself. I believe the reality is a lot of people notice, but very, very few ever say anything. It's just not that special anymore.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Just go ahead and shave, mine have been bare for many years and only 2 people have ever asked...so enjoy yourself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

You should just go ahead and enjoy your silky smooth legs! I agree that even if noticed, nobody cares.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Unfortunately once you decided to begin shaving any part of your legs, you opened the Pandora's Box, of smooth legs and it is usually very difficult (not impossible) to go back to having hair on them again. When I first began shaving I made a self deal that I would shave during the winter time. This lasted for about one year, with me becoming very unhappy in letting hair grow back as it got warmer. I then started extending how many month's into spring I would shave and could tolerate wearing pants in warm weather. Until I just no longer cared, and began shaving daily, year round, which later included shaving everywhere including "where the sun don't shine." Now not only when asked I will tell anyone I shave my legs, but it also gives me a boost of confidence in doing so.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I'll add my vote -- go for it. I've been shaving legs, arms and hands for more than 2 years here in FLA and so far have never had a comment. It just feels so good with a nightie, with a skirt, in the pool, oh heck, it just feels good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Just go for it. I started epilating my legs about 4 years ago and have got very few comments about it. I wear shorts just about 7x24x365. At first my wife didn't like the idea - for fear I would not fit in as normal. Now I think she likes it and sees that nobody else really cares.

Also, the more of us that actually remove our leg hair and keep it that way (all year) the more normal it will become...

Nicole

Aspiring Member
    I too used to worry about what people would say, I found out nobody cares. Have been keeping my body hairless going on eight years now, keep all of my hair off either by shaving or using hair remover lotion, everywhere below my eye brows. I even trim them with a razor.